>university pay lecturer
>get education

>be university
>fuck lecturer
>not replace
>lock door and sit in office
>not educate

wat do?

I want to study however most of my lecturers are on strike. Given that I paid the university for lectures I should expect to get them right?

The university has upset its staff and they are on strike. I cannot get the lectures I paid for. They don't replace the lecturers. So I went to the vice chancellors office and the university gestapo told me to go away. All I want to do is ask why I can't get my education.

What can I effectively do in this situation given that the strikes are not working. I want to make it clear to the university that my education should be fulfilled regardless of the strike however they lock themselves in their office.

It seems to me that more direct action needs to be taken. What would be your advice Sup Forums?

Attached: me.png (723x613, 252K)

Holy shit that wall of text over a lecturer strike
Consider an hero

No offence but where are you from

Bath

Please can you elaborate I cannot see this helping the situation. The same is happening in Bristol and an hero students seem to not solve it so far.

Brits sure love strike

What colour is your hair? Blue red or pink?

Neither, it is black.

So you're Asian. Call your father, he will sort this shit out.

Get a job, you'll be equally unhappy with a labour job or on wellfare.

My father passed away quite a few years ago. I saved up money working in France so I could go to University.

This is something that will garner sympathy for your vlog post. Try and get some good content for your streams from the protests

You're correct that a labour job or wellfare would be unhappy, however I am trying to improve my living standards so I can support a family in the future. That way I can get into higher paying jobs without having to spend my entire life working up for it.

Tell me OP, what do you expect this degree will get you?

A faster way to get employed in higher paying jobs.

I don't have time to write a vlog post and go to protest. All I can do for now is shitpost occasionally.

this kid sure knows his stuff

>implying you'll get a job that will actually be worth the effort

I've been to college, sitting in those classes with 80 people I quickly realized that the community won't be able to give all of us a job.

Then I quit and got a labour job and guess what, ye it's pretty deanding.

But I got work experience and a solid pay, meanwhile those college bimbos are on welfare sipping ramen and can't get a job.

Well I wish to work in an engineering firm however most require a university degree of some sort. So I am studying engineering.

If I had stayed in industry it would take me another 10 years to get me to a point that university could get me in 3.

Sounds good on paper, but here's the thing.

In your case if you have work experience it'll actually be easier to land a position like that, but for a bloke that spent all his time on education will be denied outright due to no experience.

Even tho in your case they'll still shove you in a position that your education really isn't necessary. Then you can just hope they promote you, but more likely you'll go through a few companies.

Source: Cousin learned it the hard way

Thank you for your advice. I am currently in my final year and I do not think this will realistically hider my education however I am more annoyed at the money I have spent on it.

I mean if you go to McDonalds and order something you wouldn't be content with getting some of your meal as you have invested in it. I just simply want to get my money's worth out of University.

I know it is easy to think "Well that's University for you" but if this was a meal I don't think you could do the same. I feel like I should be able to do something about it in this situation.

>France
well, in that case, you should already be used to that

Well it's your final year it'd be a waste to quit now, my advice was more meant for starting university, but the job dilema still stands.

It's all up to luck if your education is worth it.

Lot's of people believe that a diploma will automatically get them a job, I saw colleagues posting theirs on social media, but now they're stuck.

uni lecturer here, and politically commie. involved with trade unions etc etc.

we have these strikes relatively regularly and I FUCKING HATE IT when the line attempt to stop me coming in calling me scab and all-sorts.

The most important thing is that students get their fucking learning. Striking does not hurt the university - we're all fucking expendable. We need to focus our efforts on dismantling the fucking bureaucracy and not harm the students' experiences.

You guys pay a fucking fuckton. We don't see any of that money, but the fucking Chancellor's on £120k.

Demand your tuition be cut, or threaten to sue.
If they're not doing their portion of their obligation, then take legal action

What this guy said, thats your only course of option.
If you aren't willing to do that, then just keep complaining and wait.

These strikes are common all over Europistan.

Today teachers, tomorrow doctors, the day after that police, then the cycle repeats.

Ha! OP goes to York University. I am George Brown myself

Lmfao fucking nerd. Wish my lecturers were on strike, Coventry Uni btw.

I think you should man up you fucking pussy
>going to uni at all instead of just showing up when exams week start
kill yourself brainlet

but I didn't take out a student loan so I am not as enlightened as you are

French faggot

come on you can do better. Do one I haven't heard before

Where in France you from buddy? I know a couple french girls who I got nudes from