When does Mad Men... get good...?

When does Mad Men... get good...?

If you have to ask that at any point, just stop watching, you're not gonna like it

Its kind of boring at times, but rewarding in the end. Not worth it if you're consistently bored though.

If it hasn't clicked by the end of the first season, you're probably not going to like it.

.....................episode ..................................1

the strength of the writing in the first season should have made an impression. in particular, the writing in the first three eps amazed me.

It starts to get rolling a few episodes in. By the time you hit season 2, it's pure gold right up until the finale.

The first episode is literally 'dude, the past! Lmao.' But it grows and becomes one of the best TV dramas out there.

Season 1, episode 1

Having rewatched Mad Men recently, the first couple episodes actually aren't that spectacular.

It all feels a bit heavy handed, what with Sal's closeted homosexuality and Don being the golden boy of advertising appearing in every other line of dialogue. It wasn't really until The Marriage of Figaro that it reaches its stride.

>When does Mad Men... get good...?

When you get hair on your pee-pee.

Holy shit post season 6 mad men fanbase is full of insufferable pseuds.

I think we can all agree though that there's a huge drop-off in quality after season 5, and that "Are you alone?" should have been the last line of the show.

Face it, it got smug and self so righteous after 5.

It never does. The fanbase is in it for the image and fedora tipping. The show had a circlejerk general where everyone was a huge redditor sucking each other off with no less cancer than /got/.

The GoT generals are not that cancerous desu.

started watching this after the wire and its hot garbage tbqh

Essentially everything from S4 onward is perfect.

But it takes a while to get comfortable and get in rhythm with the show. Plus you and the show get over the "oh look everyone is racist and drinks."

So season 2.

50 seconds into the first episode

i'm just gonna watch it for kiki

Pete Campbell is one of the best tv characters of all time

I absolutely adore Mad Men (it is my favourite show) but really how much it clicks with you will all depend on how interesting you think the characters are.

For me, it set in after Babylon (episode 6) - perhaps because Roger and Joan are given the spotlight for the first time.

the episode Smoke In Your Eyes

I expected more of the lucky strike moments and less of the soap opera tbqh

Lmao. You wanted every episode to end with don coming up with some genius idea. Fortunately mad men didn't do that because it's much smarter than that. Watch CSI if you want formulaic

>watch csi
I might as well. I'm getting tired of binge watching 10 episodes and then feeling empty inside. Getting tired of open world vidya too.

Its like The Wire, finally gets good around the 4th season so just keep watching its goat.

>open world vidya

I don't know why you mentioned that, but I feel the same way. I just don't have the time for that anymore.

open world was always shit, you were memed

I didn't realize how good it was until Carousel

meme answer

You should try Nip/Tuck. That was a cool show.