Can Sup Forums get Spiderland into the National Recording Registry?

I've posted this the last couple days but I'm posting again in case there's anyone who didn't see it that would like to support.

The National Recording Registry is a program run by the Library Of Congress to make a list of recordings that are "culturally, historically, or aesthetically important, and/or inform or reflect life in the United States." The recordings are then preserved for future generations.

They accept nominations from the public and in fact the number of nominations a recording receives are a very important part of the process in selecting what recordings are preserved.

If everyone on Sup Forums nominated Spiderland do you think we could get it preserved?

Link to the site to nominate.
research.net/r/national-recording-registry-nominations-2017

If you nominate Spiderland or just support the idea please bump the thread so others will see.

Thank you.

Bumped, voted Spiderland in already and this album as well. Good job making these threads, OP. This will totally help Sup Forums culture spread more!

;)

Why Spiderland? Not saying that I disagree with you, just asking.

Good luck. I hope people support that and many other albums as well.

It's a good album that without public support would probably never get in.

fuck slint
fuck this children's music

nominate itaots and get the US government to immortalize the meme

just work together

>fuck this children's music

rhcp is for 13 year olds and burnouts

done

Bump again, good thread.

How long are you going to do this OP? I'm for it but I'm just curious how long you can keep this up.

Not OP, but until the picks are announced, we should continue to make these threads. Let's see if we can get it pinned.

I did it op :3 I also did In the Aeroplane Over the Sea cause I could do 50

why isnt this in the registry already wtf

I am doing it until picks are announced and then if it doesn't get in I'll do it again next year.

Thanks. I appreciate the support.

It's a bit niche.

neat thread i voted 8)

in all honesty I think this board could get ITAOTS into it

Fuck this album. Vote for Bee Thousand instead!

support bump

Reminder that the more mainstream this album becomes the less cool we seem when we pretend to like it

yeah because the national recording registry is a huge tastemaker right

the kids won't shut up about marty robbins since he got an album in the registry

There are many way more "culturally significant" and famous albums that are not on the national registry.

Bomp. It's one of my favourites

bump

I nominated Spiderland, In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, and Let It Be (the good one by The Replacements)

>Didn't include the black parts of the album cover
This entire thread is fucking irrelevant.

Examples?

ITAOTS

Besides that, dip.

not him but Future Days

Smile Sessions would be a good addition, they only have Pet Sounds in their so far