Why is Superman so concernes with some nutjob in a bat costume when he's out rescuing people from burning buildings and...

Why is Superman so concernes with some nutjob in a bat costume when he's out rescuing people from burning buildings and natural disasters?

Just because Superman exists doesn't mean Batman gets to do whatever the fuck he wants because "it isn't news".

Batman is kind of a big deal in Gothan.

Bruce had a full head of hair.

On his planet the bat symbol is the equivalent of a swastika

If Superman was so pissed off with Batman to the point of threatening him and wrecking his shit, then why didn't he do this with all the corrupt leaders, dictators and terrorists? Why single Batman out?

Because superman is a selfcentered douche who thinks he is THE only vigilanty authority, somewhat justifying batflecks rageboner for him.

Theres only room for one superhero in this town. Superman hates competition.

You saw what happened when Supes got involved in international conflicts as a rogue combatant, do you even have to ask?

>Military fire drone at terrorist base
>Superman stops drone
>Superman kills terrorists anyway
I know that's not actually what happened, but if they were going to kill them anyway why were they pissed at Superman? He even saved an American reporter

The only reason he got involved was because of Lois. If she wasnt there, MAYBE he would have intervened. We dont know his stance on international conflict exactly.

Why didn't he say "You're letting them kill my mother"?

He was delirious

Because reincorporation

Superman was going to say "Martha Kent" so Batman knew who to save if he killed him. Think about that, in what is probably his final moment, Superman is still aware that Batman has been manipulated by Luthor and only cares about his Mother's life

>Superman was going to say "Martha Kent" so Batman knew who to save if he killed him.

No he wasn't, stop making shit up.

I think that's an americuck thing. They call their parents with their names.

He knew Batman was Bruce Wayne, Superman could've been investigating Brue's past and came across his parents name.

Since he was cornered and about to die, he tries desperately to get him to stop.

Exactly, super man and batman are both the same, why would they fight?

Why is he only interested around the exact time kryptonite is found?

Why doesn't he bring Batman in? He saw him kill all those guys with his car.

I am so sad you honestly think this good.

Because that would make too much sense.

How was he there in the first place tho

Because he's a liberal who advocates rapists' rights.

Probably heard explosions, gunshots and crashes. Then used supervision to see it was bats.

this.

what?

This is stupid and definitely not the case and even if it was ,is the audiance just supposed to assume this major plot motivation that we were given no evidence of espicially when it's the thing that resolves the conflict of the film and sets up the ending?

Because the DCU is shit

DCU is a great college and I have no idea why you would drag it into this thread about the DCEU

how would you have done this scene to make it better?

Extra syllables...He was being choked by an armored combat boot
His second line was "Find him, Save Martha"

If he had more breath I'm sure he would have said:
"LEX LUTHOR INTENDS TO KILL MY STEP-MOTHER AND I CAME HERE FOR YOUR HELP TO STOP HIM. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT HE CONSPIRED TO PLAY YOU AGAINST ME WITH THE INTENT BEING YOUR DEATH BY MY HANDS! HELP ME, BRUCE! ONLY TOGETHER CAN WE STOP LEX'S EVIL PLAN!"

Superman was paraphrasing. He was also half-dead at that point.

I'm surprised that Sup Forums is not surprised that he was able to say anything in the first place. I mean he had just been poisoned...twice, brutally beaten by Batman, slammed in the back of the head by a sink, thrown down a 10 story stairwell, and thrown through four reinforced concrete columns. Also, Batman had a Kryptonite spear 5 feet from his brain.

Is Snyder really such a hack that he is incapable of conveying these things in a meaningful enough way for the general audience to absorb it?

>"LEX LUTHOR INTENDS TO KILL MY STEP-MOTHER AND I CAME HERE FOR YOUR HELP TO STOP HIM. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT HE CONSPIRED TO PLAY YOU AGAINST ME WITH THE INTENT BEING YOUR DEATH BY MY HANDS! HELP ME, BRUCE! ONLY TOGETHER CAN WE STOP LEX'S EVIL PLAN!"

Why didn't he say this at the start of the fight, rather than trying to assert his dominance over Batman?

He did but Batman couldn't hear him over his ear protection he had because of his sound canon

because Batman was getting more and more violent and all Superman saw was that he was running around branding and basically torturing people. basically Batman looked like Rorschach, punishing criminals sure but going about it in the wrong way

Professional envy.

I actually agree. He should have said all this before the fight. Instead he tried to placate Batman by saying all that gay shit about how "I WAS WRONG, BATMAN." Batman didn't buy it and Superman lost his temper.

To be fair, though, Superman has a pretty hard life in the movie. Everybody has turned on him and he doesn't know why. He tries to talk to the one human who he thinks will understand and that guy tries to kill him. On top of the disappointment he is shot at and sonic-boom'd, which had to hurt.

I think Superman was in a place where he looked down on humans. In that moment he was trying to appeal to Batman's fragile human emotions, but that backfired. After that failed he didn't know what to do other than to kill Batman. Killing Batman was technically the only thing he needed to do to save his mother anyways, and Batman was surrounded by violence throughout the movie. Superman isn't omniscient so he couldn't know Batman's true intentions, but as an outsider (especially one who had made himself the absolute authority on what is "just" and "virtuous") he saw Batman as nothing but an aggressor.

(I THINK THIS IS A GREAT ANALOGY FOR ALLIED AGGRESSION TOWARDS NAZI GERMANY, TOO.)

Just to be clear I think Superman was 100% in the wrong here. But come on, Superman is not omniscient nor is he omnipotent and he has flaws.

Although I think he's going to be much wiser when he awakens.