ITT: Double albums that should be single albums

All of them.

First half is great, second half sucks.

>Anonymous 11/12/17(Sun)22:46:07 No.762550
yoko songs are great, john songs suck

Yes.
No.
Yes.

No, the only thing I would cut is vera lynn, and I would replace it.

The first couple Yoko songs are great, the rest suck. I'm Losing You and Watching The Wheels are the only really great John songs. The rest is filler.

Absolute blasphemy

Absolutely not.

Absolutely fucking not

If you turned the bass up, cut down a handful of songs on the first side and turned it into a single LP this would be their best album.
Spare me. I'm eyeballing the tracklist as we speak and I see 8 or 9 songs worth saving.

It's hard to accept, but this is totally true.

This should be a single album... filled with 28 songs, because it's AMAZING!

Most of these songs suck anyway, should have been an EP desu

You're not wrong.

>cut down a handful of songs on the first side

you mean, get rid of songs from side 1? side 2 is way worse man.

still, side 1 has too many overlong songs. especially Kashmir, it's a good idea that goes on way too fucking long

Honestly I'm not even a big Beatles fan but I basically think that album and Magical Mystery Tour are the best

I think I misspoke. What I would do is make In My Time of Dying, Custard Pie, In the Light, and Kashmir a few minutes shorter, and then squeeze sides 1, 2, and 3 onto a single LP. Side 4 doesn't do anything for me.

Agreed. It's to bad because some of their best songs are on it, but it is so extremely packed with filler or trash

t. non musician

>but it is so extremely packed with filler or trash
LIke what?

>Deletes Speakerbox

hmm. i partially agree.

i'd shorten In My Time of Dying, Kashmir, In the Light, and maybe Ten Years Gone by a little bit. then i'd ditch Bron-Yr-Aur, Down by the Seaside, Night Flight, Boogie with Stu and Black Country Woman entirely.

>wahh my dad died when I was young: the album

you know its true

no

Fuck no.
My favorites beatles album.

Amen

the powers that b is more like two different albums holding hands than it is a conventional double album

Right disc is mostly disposable anyway

agreed. most of disc 2 is barely worth recording. don't know what bruce was thinking making a double

fuck you speakerboxxx is way better than the love below

Arcadium could maaaaaybe be cut down to a 7/10 EP.

The Wall really didn't have that many filler songs, it all was necessary and led into each other. I'd cut Don't Leave Me down, since it was a 1:30 song that was stretched out to 4 minutes for no reason. But I'd just use those 3 minutes to make Outside The Wall longer so what do I know.

Oh and also Run Like Hell is a boring ass song, cut that completely.

ALL DOUBLE ALBUMS SHOULD BE SINGLE ALBUMS

yeah

it does get a little repetitive but this is still pretty decent the whole way through

yeah probably could be cut down

maybe...

totally, this set is a snooozefest

someone should just travel back in time and kill Metallica before they even make the black album, but after ...And Justice

I've always felt like the album is a bit bloated, but it would take away a lot of charm if you'd cut it down to one album. Like, the diversity is part of why I love this album so much, so cutting weaker but still cool tracks like We Only Come Out At Night seems a shame.

If they just died with cliff they'd be remembered so well. If cliff survived we all know deep down he would have sold out with them as much as we don't want to believe it.

ITT: Retards

Fuck off.

Nigger that's their best album BECAUSE it's a double album. Riff central.

Definitely. Album is a chore to sit through.

Fly down a lit street at night blaring this song with the windows down and get back to me

Honestly, if you cut this down to a John Lennon solo LP it would be the best record in the entire Beatles discography; this includes any and all solo releases.

this