Www.ktsa.com/open-letter-teacher-students-walking

www.ktsa.com/open-letter-teacher-students-walking

Read it and post your thoughts here. No political strawmanning will be taken as valid information.

Attached: image.jpg (709x724, 90K)

Anyone anybody?

The points he makes are startlingly valid, but the kids he refers to exist in every country around the world.

I had a kid at one of my schools who was bullied and provoked to the point that one day he had a bicycle chain in his backpack, which he used as a defensive weapon, swinging it towards his antagonist with such force he nearly severed his jugular vein.

He didn't. no-one died. The boy was expelled and sent to another school, where he received counselling and education, and I believe he runs a small engineering firm now. the person he attacked bears him no ill will, and is also gainfully employed.

Point is, they're both alive, because I live in the UK, and 18 year olds can't buy guns here. There were no security checks as we came into school, no-one checked our bags. If he'd had as easy access to firearms of any type as American kids do, neither he not his target would be alive today.

The walkout is for the right reason. Kids need support, but they also need less access to weapons of death

The problem I see with students walking out is that it is just reactive thinking. What are they going to achieve if they aren't proactive, whatever solution may be?

Reactive was last week. This IS proactive. Reactive is candlelit vigils, and pointlessly praying that the dead kids are at peace. Posters asking for the violence to stop, just like the ones after Sandy Hook.
Proactive is taking your time, thinking about what you're doing instead of the pro-forma, predictable shit that everyone does every fucking time this shit happens.
The survivors are going on TV and are being confident, and realistic. It's juts a shame the NRA is so far up your country's arse, they can make ISIS-style threats of violence on national TV and get away with it

You country's fucked dude, and with all the Korea/Russia shit going on in the world, I reckon we've got 10 years left, tops, before it all goes tits up

I also live in Europe, grew up in France and travelled all over it, no country see this kind of issue ever, because they don't access deadly weapon overall.

You're 100% right.

Attached: the-future-is-now-old-man.png (1022x816, 1.07M)

True, can't argue with the fact of the NRA's involvement here. I mean, even Trump compelled the Republicans to stop being afraid of the NRA. Considering how much up the ass they lobby for them.

To begin with, yeah, but some of the recommendations (raising the buying age from 18 to 21) has been wound back in favour of funding firearms training for teachers

which is so fucked up it's beyond comprehension

That neck tho

what if the nra has a point, and the founding fathers had a legit fear. the nra is terrified of budging on the issue and ending up like knives in the uk and a government that sells them down the river harder than ever.

i don’t agree but i get it.

What a dumb fucking argument

>what if the nra has a point
No, they don't have a point. They haven't had a valid point since WW2, since the military became bigger then civilians with gins.

The 2nd amendement was written during the time of muskets, when a well-armed and organised militia COULD overthrow a corrupt government. The ownership of a piece of equipment designed to take a life is not a right, and should never be. You can cite home defense as much as you like, but you don;t need an AR-15 or and AK-47 to do that. You need secure locks and a phone to call the cops.

ad hominem

*guns. Sorry

The problem is there is no obvious solution. There is no one answer. It's a unique situation, and no one knows how to stop it.

this

Plus a well armed militia usually keeps their weapons in an armory, not at home. The second amendment says we can arm ourselves, but the intention was not for everyone to have an arsenal at their homes.

Can we all just agree that that mans neck is fucked

>no one knows how to stop it.
Plenty of people know how to stop it, it's just they're either afraid to say it out loud, or they're being paid not to

Samefag

Abso-fucking-lutely. When the founding fathers wrote the second, I'll wager they weren't bargaining on it being exploited so a bunch of rednecks could stockpile a stack of military-grade weapons just in case they yet pissed off with their kinfolk, or fancy a bit of target practice in their back yards at 4am

>lol dude just call the cops
I truly feel sorry for you if you live your life with this mentality, not just regarding calling home invasions but for any kind of emergency.

>natural disaster incoming
>"lol u dont need to stock up on food just wait for fema"

And you should know better than to parrot the civilians vs drones/tanks argument. Pic related.

Attached: jyOJ6XV.png (872x886, 220K)

What is the answer then? Because it can't just be the guns. Canada has millions of long guns for hunting. They have the same video games, music, movies and TV shows, but they don't slaughter each other.

A militia should be expected to be ready to take up arms at any given time, why would you assume the people needed to keep their guns in an armory?

>the british are coming, the british are coming!
>quick, everyone line up at the local armory with your license and registrations! hopefully they're open at this hour

No rules or guidelines written 200 years ago should just automatically be applicable to modern weapons

Why would anyone attack mainland USA when we have a hundred million strong with immediate access to firearms?

Yes bad people get them by lawful and unlawful means all the time. It isn't going to stop. Guns will always make it into our country because we have 6000 miles of wilderness on our borders and no money to fund any far reaching solution.

Actually yes. That's exactly what they intended.

Enjoy your fascist dictatorship, you seem to be welcoming it with open arms

Your argument is falling on deaf ears, when I know that every civilised country, except yours, gets by just fine and dandy without a Glock in their waistband. The fact you seem to wants a police state above a free country just tells me you're beyond saving

Indeed. There are guns, as much as there are guns in the UK (My father in law has 5 shotguns - all licensed and registered). The problem is 200 years of entitlement. Morons thinking they have a god-given right to weild something that can take the life of another.

The answer is to take the guns away. It's not going to be easy, pleasant, quiet or dignified, but the fucking idiots need to realise that they do not have the right to bear arams any more. The 2nd needs to be expunged

Oh really? Source?

Attached: 1508764317761.png (230x230, 20K)

It's written on an old piece of paper. I think Nicholas Cage might have tried to steal it once

Agreed. And it's moronic to think it should be so

>Why would anyone attack mainland USA when we have a hundred million strong with immediate access to firearms?

I think there are ballistic missiles that can take out a couple of thousand people at a time? But hey, I'm sure they can just shoot at the missile and it'll go away

actually, Donnie Orangebro makes me want to own guns more...after his little comment about President-for-life being good maybe for the US and 'maybe we'll try it' i now think there's a real chance that we'll have to resist a tyrant...train the militia, let them make their own strategic decisions about guns, educate everybody, don't give them to fucking unstable kids, somehow, and get right on anyone that has them and seems to be exibiting a preparation to publicly murder people. Don't necessarily SWAT them but fuck, FBI seems to have had plenty of reason to at least look in on the dude in FL, maybe a recommendation to his folks to take away his toys? I mean, they could have done their damndest, their job, and then he would have gone to jail for shooting them, who fucked him up in the first place.

Also, Palin has Alaska covered and Trump is going to take care of Rocketman. God bless America.

Attached: 150730131917-donald-trump-sarah-palin-june-2011-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 104K)

You're talking Walking Dead-type underground shit there dude, but barring an apocalypse that wipes out social media & smartphones, yuo're getting nowhere with the orange clusterfuck in charge

bro, here's the thing
I do not want to live in a country that's so hostile that I need to be armed at all times in my own home, lest I get robbed, my wife raped, and my nuts cut off by wild muzzies and nigs. What kind of a witless shitbag would say "my life and wealth are in danger for living here—I should buy a gun." When you live in a lawless shithole of a country, like Uganda, or Malaysia, or the United States, where the police just take your stuff and tell you to go fuck yourself and organized crime is just the police on cocaine, you say "wow this is fucked—I should (a.) DO SOMETHING TO FIX IT, or (b.) GET THE FUCK OUT OF DODGE."

If you need a gun to ensure your safety—especially if you need to ensure your safety against your own government—you live in the fucking third world. You live in a feudalistic society where the police serve the royals. You live in a fucking shithole.

Why would a police state allow its general populace to bear arms as freely as ours does? Unless you're implying a country that enforces its own laws is a police state, in which case you're just some liberal foreigner and your two cents means jack shit.

They can have my guns when they prey them from my cold dead fingers.

Attached: 1517813370954.gif (450x247, 1.93M)

>Nailed it

But the dumb dumbs love the bang bangs because someone said they could have them 200 years ago

Attached: 1520864791305.gif (500x281, 386K)

No rules or guidelines on free speech written 200 years ago should automatically be applicable to modern television, internet, or radio.

They'd allow it to lull you into complacency while you all go around shooting each other and screaming about freedom like someone who doesn't quite understand the word

The scary part is there are people who believe this.

>my life and wealth are in danger for living anywhere—I should buy a gun

ftfy. also good words to live by. thanks for the advice.

It does not take a third world country for crimes to be committed. If you're like me and countless other Americans, you don't live 2 feet from a police station and response times could be more than enough for something to go terribly wrong. America isn't "lawless", but crimes do happen, like they do everywhere. Government tyranny also isn't something that happens a few weeks, it's a process that could take years.

No one is stockpiling military grade weapons. That is illegal in the U.S.

Except you aren't going to murder someone with an automatic tv, numbnuts

Attached: 1520723713223.jpg (630x371, 83K)

However, America is quite different than the rest of the developed world when it comes to gun violence, imprisonment and health care.

>The ownership of a piece of equipment designed to take a life is not a right

The 2nd Amendment says it is a right.

No numbnuts... you'll just keep texting some kid to kys or until they shoot up a school.

try again... harder

So, if they rest of the world is safer, no crime, and has better health care, why aren't people fleeing the US? Oh wait, just checked, the US had the most immigrants move TO the US than any other country in 2017.

You also can't save lives with free speech. In the U.S, far more people are saved each year in defensive uses of guns than are killed. Which is pretty easy considering 60ish% of gun deaths are suicides.

Some people are fleeing the US. Granted, not many, but there are some.

And, yes, lots of immigrants come to the US for the economic opportunities. I wonder what they think about the gun control and other issues, though.

>America
>Not a third world country, glorified banana republic.

Pick one.

That argument just put me to shame. Seriously, I think I'm going to crawl under a rock for the next couple of years so I don't have to bear my shame in public.

They have the chance to go right back to the shit hole they came from and not many do.

And those Hollywood liberals that keep threatening to leave never do. Liars, just like Hillary.

Why are you so mad?

Attached: wew mad.jpg (400x470, 39K)

You can't just buy a gun in my country either, but that didn't stop kids from bringing guns to school either. On at least two occasions with kids in my classes that i know of. They never shot anybody and ironically the most damage was done with either box cutters or an axe on one occasion. Your anecdote is as invalid as mine.

The problem with students walking out is that they're kids with next to no knowledge of the real world and they haven't thought about this at all they had the ideas planted in their heads and support it because they don't want to be ostracized by their peers. It's like when democrats bring immigrants into specific cities because they know they will vote liberal.

At least someone understands that anecdotal evidence is dumb as shit.

In my country anyone can buy a gum. Even kids. Some schools sell them on site in vending machines. It's such a mess.

And that strategybhas worked out so well in the middle east right. Last i checked there are still insurgents with guns there, what are they going to kill every civilian? Kill one fighter and two of his brothers will pick up weapons.

Also ignoring the fact that the army is made up of americans too.

Lol a place without crime is a place without people. I lived in suburbia in a white middle class neighborhood in canada and there's still tons of crime. I've seen home invasions, friends of mine have been mugged walking home, there are police patrols to guard against break ins. You know what te biggest deterrent of crime is? Not knowing if the other guy has a means to defend themselves. By taking guns away the only thing you will do is make the bad guys bolder.

The British gave up their right to own guns, and now they don't even have the right to own a dissenting opinion.
Enjoy your 1984 nightmare you can't wake up from.

Attached: cunt.jpg (503x503, 47K)