How do you cope with the depression Sup Forums?

How do you cope with the depression Sup Forums?

Attached: 1446164461245.jpg (645x773, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/griz/gotta-push-on-ft-brasstracks-eric-krasno
youtube.com/watch?v=hYWGhQJbJ_c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't, just try to ignore it with drugs/gym/sex/hobbies. Once you start getting old and can't do as much it'll really hit you but until then have fun

Psych meds, also doing fun things, trying to be healthy, and girls. hard to be sad with titties in your face.

I dont get depression im like immune to it

Work. Just work. Don't think why. Just work. Construction labor is great for stress.

i take the good with the bad and that keeps me going

These are both pretty solid pieces of advice. I would definitely get medicated and see a therapist or counselor if you can afford one, that would do wonders if you're not already there. Otherwise, do your best to ignore it and fill it in with suggestions like shit from other anons. It's not so bad, you might even live without it completely for a while. I was good for like 3 years and then one of my friends killed himself and I went into a depressive downspiral real quick like. Think I'm on the way out, though, so that's good. Live life, my friend. Live and learn.

I think I might have it to be honest. Can Sup Forums diagnose me?
>wake up every morning and contemplate existence
>have extreme difficulty putting effort into anything
>think about how useless I am all the time
>I only have fun when I'm hanging with friends, talking, or playing games
>always thinking
>always feel tired no matter how much sleep I get
>extremely odd eating habits (Some days i eat like 6 small meals, today I haven't eaten once yet and I woke up at 7:30 am and it's currently 9:48 pm
>always worrying about the future

help Sup Forumsros

I pet and talk to my cat.

Actually, I decided to be a cat one day. I'll do you a favor, user.

I was depressed one day, and saw 2 image macros (remember when memes were called macros?) That convinced me that *I* wasn't the problem.

This is the first one.

*Spoiler* I was working in an Alpha Male IT environment where yelling was very common.

Attached: before-you-diagnose-yourself-with-depression-or-low-self-esteem-first-24259576.png (500x544, 93K)

That all sounds pretty accurate, but I wouldn't self diagnose yourself or ask non clinical people to do it for you. Go see somebody, ask your doctor when you next see him/her.

I would but I don't know if my family or I could afford meds right now.

like I want to know if I really do have it but at the same time I don't want to be a burden

Shitposting and Masturbation

Attached: 22+trigger+large+stats+mentionlist+dailygreentext_85af30_6465421.jpg (1200x900, 106K)

kek

After I left that job and became happy again, life became hard and I really needed to find a way to cope.

Then I saw this GIF. Look at it. A train is hitting that cat. Does the cat care. NO.

Be like the cat. Who gives a fuck anymore? About anything? I sure as hell didn't. I wasn't happy so let me go do that.

Basically I went to work and pulled an Office Space: meowed to people, came in late, and in general didn't care.

GOT FUCKING PROMOTED.

After that job, I got a better job to basically be me, versus hiring me for skills. I had the skills, but since I didn't give a fuck about shit, they wanted me there to, I don't know, kick some ass or do something cool.

So, don't worry, you might just be surrounded by assholes. If so, get a new environment. And once you're in it, stop giving a fuck so much.

Attached: anigif_sub-buzz-6147-1472591228-2.gif (500x329, 1.96M)

Don't worry about being a burden, financial shit won't mean shit 30 years from now or when you're dead. Not to say fuck it all completely, but still. What insurance are you guys hooked up with? I'm going to guess medicaid, and while I'm not sure about the therapy component, I'm pretty sure that would cover any drugs that get prescribed/an office visit, there might be a copay. Best bet would be to call your insurance company and see what's up, should be a number on the back of your card.

Zozzle

Ok well I'm 19 and in college, and my mom has depression as well, and she can barely pay for her meds as it is, but maybe ill sit down and figure something out with her

Yeah I don't recommend the whole cat autism that this guy was hit with, but the rest of his post is pretty solid. Also, your ability to be late is subject to the job. I am late literally every day and no one gives a fuck. If I worked at KFC or something someone would be up my ass about it, though.

Drugs.

A furious workout routine at 6am followed by 1-2 hours of outside time with the dog before going to a meaningful nonprofit for 10-12 hours a day and pouring my heart into it for not enough pay because it helps others, before coming home and walking the dog until it gets dark again. Also, super healthy and regimented diet.
Then every night I stare at the wine in the fridge and talk myself out of picking up the bottle again and go to bed feeling absolutely exhausted and shitty, but at least I’m too tired to lie awake and hate myself and too proud of what I do to fuck it up by getting on the booze again. Still though, I know one of these days my knees will finally give out, or I’ll screw up and buy a handle of vodka after a stressful day and the spiral will begin again.

I'm 20 and in college with a mother who also has depression and shit that struggles with financial issues. So like, yeah man, do that. Or call independently and find out what's what: you're an adult who can do the thing if you want, I believe in you.

a liberal amount of marijuana, preferably some form of sativa.

Thanks user. Where do you go?

Yeah, don't do drugs or alcohol habitually if you can help it, this person is probably just barely getting by and the objective is not simply be alive but to actually feel alive in a life worth living.

Attached: 1907936_629875187134664_5359222759723987987_n.jpg (960x416, 40K)

>Cat autism

Lol yeah it was crazy, but I had more fun with that shit than getting blotto or fucked up every night. It was a safe crazy. Eccentric.

Oh yeah! I started running. When you run until you sweat, you feel fucking great. It clears your mind to the point you look at your dirty ass table and wonder why you never cleaned it before.

Exercise is a great way to feel like a champ (literally you will feel more invincible the more you do it) and improve your state of mind.

Attached: 29025476_10156309561703708_7732843528434221056_n.jpg (353x353, 24K)

Also probably don't listen to this person.

You should do something for you, user, don't you think?

Sure. I go to a SUNY school, so take whatever the fuck you want away from that and run with it.

>excess amounts of vidya gaming
>language study
>listening to K-Pop
>daily exercise, religiously
All of my irl friends and family have abandoned me.

Attached: a healthy hobby.jpg (1920x2560, 1.83M)

Oh, I'm not too far then haha. I got to a private college in Annville PA. Working on getting an Audio Music Production degree but my grades are shit because I have no motivation to do anything and I feel like I'm failing everyone. But hey life is good otherwise

Would love to if it wasn't for the immediate panic attack after. I use to love weed.

Attached: images (7).jpg (221x228, 7K)

Why the fuck would I do something for myself? The most that asshole deserves is continued temperance, and that’s only because I’m not worth shit to anyone when I’m blacked out.

There is a man at my local mcdonalds that regularly wears a WWE belt or something like that while at work and says stupid shit over the drive through and at the window like "There you is." So I guess if you're at McDonald's cat autism is okay, office environments might be a little less accepting.

Running and exercise is great, I'm glad you found it.

Weed will eventually make you anxious or paranoid.

I've been smoking for 20+ years and I gotta break every so often because it makes me lazy and anxious, procrastinating.

If you're going to self medicate, you should at least get counseling (even if is just a support group or a friend), otherwise you might forget why you do it (for medicine) and forget to stop/change when it isn't working like it should.

That's like saying "I've never had cancer, I'm immune to it".
Nobody's immune, it just depends on what happens to deplete your serotonin below a certain level. You're lucky that that hasn't happened to you, but that doesn't mean it never will.

Do you enjoy these things?

Focus as hard as I can on career and self-improvement. Fill time I'm too wiped out to do the above with Sup Forums and video games. Never go without something to focus on long enough to feel feelings.

Architect of cloud automation for Fortune 100 companies

They kind of need me ;)

I used to drink. Do not recommend.
I got a DUI, which apparently they are cracking down on.
1 year probation and 1 year suspended license.
I have to stop drinking and smoking pot soon and I'm terrified of sobriety.
On the plus side I just might find the motivation to get healthy but man... I had a lot of shit planned this summer and it's all fkn ruined

Yes, although the 'seeds of doubt' have been planted with continuing to study Japanese, because:
>a former Japanese friend told me that myself and my family deserve to die in a holocaust, and/or I can be spared so long as I get a vasectomy
and
>a series of failures associated with trying to live in Japan, work in Japan, or at least work for a Japanese company here in the U.$.
I interned for a Japanese company for a year...unpaid...but no one wants to hire me on, so I'm stuck with a shitty freight-moving job.

>Pic: former dorm

Attached: Battlestation.jpg (2560x1920, 1.29M)

Well, that is a lot. Any real or perceived mental ailments can and do affect other things, maybe if you get diagnosed with something or another and treated for it other areas of your life with improve.

I don't know shit about audio music production, so while it sounds a little iffy, I'm sure someone somewhere has a need of it. You do you, my dude. I do paralegal stuff, planning on going to law school later on to be a lawyer. $270,000 of debt and who knows if I can find a job, but it's what I want to do so I'm going to say fuck it and do the best that I can with everything.

I feel that. Idk if this is even what I want to do, I'm really passionate about music but I still really don't know what I'm doing with my life, I feel like I have no direction

Weed and if your not a pussy xans

Bruh if you think you're that toxic of a person, I don't know what to tell you. You can't help people who don't want to be helped. Make some changes, or be the asshole in everyone's life, what you do is up to you. Just be aware that if you're consciously toxic and don't do anything about it that eventually almost everyone will abandon you, and if that's already happened, good luck roping other people in. Decent people, I should say, chances are you'll end up with more people like yourself. Broken types all flock together, in the same sense that we're all on this board. Find something you like, my friend. Life's too short, and especially so when suicide is always on your mind. Haven't you ever seen that thing where it's like "Instead of suicide you should go out and see the world, and when you're done and you've done everything, if you're still not impressed then you can end it?"

See, this guy knows what's up.

You should find some time for self-enjoyment either in or outside of the improvement.

I mean, that shit seems like it's highly competitive, so I think I'd disagree. But, if it works for you, and it works for everyone else, you do you.

Solid recommendation for abstinence from excessive alcohols.

"Apparently." Have you lived in a real small town your whole life, or where the fuck have you been with that? That's rough, my dude.
Why's your summer shit fucked?

Dang man. Why didn't they keep you around. Just from all the books I'd guess you are the studious and non-neckbeard type?

Hahaha holy shit, that's brutal. What'd you do to him or her? I don't care, but what seems to be your problem with Japan shit? Do you know?

This sounds legit. I've had good results with small doses (I prefer edibles in like 10 mg pieces). Makes a big difference on days where I wake up and feel like I have no motivation to do anything.

If I smoke it, more often than not I end up on my couch blazed and don't get shit done.

Yeah...no.

Well I asked a lot of coworkers/friends who had DUI's in the past. They all got 6 months suspension and usually no probo or very limited (no piss test).
So Im thinking its a 2018 thing or I got a DUI in the wrong court system.

But anyways I found that outdoor music festivals make me extremely happy and I planned on going to a few by myself, which involves driving. idk man, like if I want to do anything fun this summer I need a friend to take me there

drinking, and the accompaniment that I'll go into really bad alcohol withdrawal n' get some great drugs while I chill watching cable. I really am trying every night to get drunk to death or drink enough to get into a suicidal state of mind to do it. any suggestions? shitty cliche recommendations welcome too. try me.

I've got a friend in the same boat with some film production shit. He doesn't know where he's going and is hella overworked with literal work, his gryll, and life overall. I think he's doing okay, though. The universe works itself out, man, one way or another.

Yes, very much so. I took it seriously both in and outside of the classroom, even doing volunteer work (pictured) with transfer students *from* Japan (Soka University, specifically), as part of a program with the school and even one part of my internship. I actually finished the internship, having attended the "bounenkai" dinner/event.

All I did was disagree when she said Dylan Roof was/is a hero. We had different political views, but I was always respectful enough not to try forcing her to agree with me on anything, or even argue. I wouldn't even talk about certain things (like Super Sentai) because I knew she didn't want me to.

As for with Japan, I have no clue. I was rejected by the JET program twice, and even NOVA rejected me.

Attached: 20151023_173909.jpg (2560x1920, 1.52M)

As an aside, this song always makes me feel slightly better even when I feel hopeless. Its cheesy but I like the horns.
soundcloud.com/griz/gotta-push-on-ft-brasstracks-eric-krasno

What, no buses? Strap a bike to the front and ride out a ways if it's not near your destination. Flying and then walking would be a little more tricky. No friends who are interested? Could be a good time to reach out and make some friends. How? Idk man. Facebooks, social media, work, whatever, where ever.

I often go out into the woods and dig a big hole.
I've gotten very good at it and theres a couple holes around now about 5 to 6 feet deep. I'm not the only one who does it. Very stress relieving, although you might have to buy a shoevel

Sounds like you're having some successes and some difficulties, but idk man keep at it and you're bound to get somewhere eventually.

Also, it's really refreshing to see some asians that don't look like children or fish, 10/10

Sounds a little weird, but if it works, it works. Try not to kill anyone and fill the holes back in. Good for you

idk just....kill me now, pls
>I know I won't be missed

Attached: 20150802_195326.jpg (1920x2560, 1.7M)

Ironically you were correct in your first response, I live in the middle of fucking nowhere lol.
but yeah honestly ill be fine I was just bitching about the shitty situation I created by driving drunk. I drove 10 hours last summer to "camp bisco" music festival solo and wanted to do that again this summer but fuck it theres always next year. cheers bruva

it was weird at first walking down there with a shovel but now theres like 5 of us or so. we never go there at the same time but it shows how successful it is to relieve stress. also you get ripped

Oh, alright, starting to look a little more fishy. eh/10.

You can do the thing. Or you can't. What's the saying? Whether you think you can or you can't you're right? You'll figure shit out.

Cheers, and good luck

Attached: 8FJ5OtP.gif (320x240, 270K)

Well, try not to take it too hard user. Like Papa Franku says, Japanese is one of the most xenophobic cultures in the world. Maybe change your diet? They say we smell like sour milk, lol.

>You'll figure shit out.
>

Attached: poppi.png (1280x720, 876K)

Good stuff, good stuff. Just, again, tell your pals not to kill people, and don't you go and kill them.

I'm sure they don't say that about me, because I developed lactose intolerance in 2015, so I can't even touch the stuff. I also have a severe peanut allergy.

Attached: 20140904_104758.jpg (1920x2560, 1.22M)

I'm not wrong. He/she/you/they got this.

Attached: 11390245_997977010247346_7633980705282283842_n.jpg (257x344, 13K)

Music, music always helps while doing something. Go run and listen, work out, build a LEGO set, something to keep your body busy while jamming to sweet tunes. That't what helps me.

Attached: how was PE.jpg (125x122, 3K)

I'm gonna die someday, so might as well wait for something else to kill me.

Attached: Columbiner.jpg (342x414, 37K)

Here's some good stuff:
"Theres a reason for the twenty-first century...
Not too sure but I know that its meant to be"

youtube.com/watch?v=hYWGhQJbJ_c

Attached: 10438451_326854487514057_5784707744213285773_n.jpg (197x200, 9K)

>You can do the thing. Or you can't. What's the saying? Whether you think you can or you can't you're right? You'll figure shit out.
Yeah, as long as you are in it for you, and not the bitches, things will go great if you keep at it like this user says. Don't give up.

The worst part is, some of the 'friends' who abandoned me achieved successfully moving to/working in Japan after only putting in a fraction of the effort. One guy in particular I'm thinking of didn't finish the internship, has a USELESS degree, didn't really do any volunteer work, and his only 'skill' is being JLPT N2 qualified (which doesn't help since he's working at an eikaiwa).

Then I have another former friend, this time a woman, whom I personally helped/encouraged when she wanted to quit studying the language during an INTERMEDIATE language course. Well, not really "intermediate" per se; we learned like 30 kanji and how to count (all of which I already knew). She got the job...she's there now, and she even got to study abroad there for a year, despite wanting to quit because she couldn't count 一から百まで. It just gets more painful the more I think about it.

Attached: 20160715_125019.jpg (2560x1920, 1.38M)

I was only half-joking. What kind of work did you seek at the internship?

I just... smoke a lot

I play ASTRONEER.
Fucking amazing game

Attached: 1518974554520.jpg (540x960, 122K)

Shitposting.

Attached: Cursed_26ea50_6488209.jpg (1200x1601, 374K)

I was thinking cancer or heart disease realistically, not murder
But going in a brutal way would be pretty fuckin neato

Attached: 1435718033077.jpg (1983x2644, 675K)

It was mostly clerical, dealing with typical office-type tasks in a bilingual environment. But, we also hosted cultural events, programs with students from Japan who were seeking business-related degrees (economics, mostly), and so on. We also have a booth at annual anime/comic conventions that come to town, with the one that comes later being almost entirely hosted and coordinated by us (Japan-America Society).

Attached: 20150418_213353.jpg (2560x1920, 1.59M)

Attitude maybe? Was the lady a reasonably attractive westerner? Maybe the deciding manager had non-yellow fever?

So, does she die?

She was...okay, I guess. She was short and slim, so didn't look like she would pose a threat (which is another reason I think she was selected). Still though, she wanted to quit, I helped her not, and she jumped at the chance to get over there. She immediately cut me off after having done so as well.

Attached: 20151130_212028.jpg (2560x1920, 1.58M)

That actually sounds kinda cool user. Certainly a step up from Anime Club/weeb stuff in the states. Maybe try a different region of Japan? Sounds like you just haven't found your niche, or "your people" yet.

It was a pretty intense/fun experience, the internship (even though it was unpaid), But, it feels like it was all a waste/lie, and I'm even being mocked at my current job for ever having bothered with it.

This pic is from a few hours before that end-of-the-year dinner/event with the company and many others.

Attached: 20151210_154614.jpg (2560x1920, 1.76M)

Aha. The nonthreatening sociopath type. I feel u dawg. I know it's hard from personal experience - seek out others that genuinely share your passion and things will look up. Any commonality between the "friends" that doormatted you? Are they the yuppie selfish type if it were the 80s?

>I'm even being mocked at my current job
Don't tolerate that shit, ever. GTFO as soon as you can. Seriously, fuck those people. It takes big brass balls to learn a new language and then go the fuck over there and try to make it among the natives.

They were of various sorts (jocks, nerds, legit rich people, etc), but the majority of them/us were...weebs and otaku. I was just the poorer one who underachieved in high school.
>For example, my GPA there was about 2.3 upon graduation.
Also had a hard time at home.

Attached: 20160730_215153.jpg (2560x1920, 1.05M)

It does bother me to an extent (especially when they're excessive about it), but I try not to let it show; I just take the strip manifest or whatever I actually *have to do* that's related to the job (freight moving), and just ignore it. My supervisor is especially contrarian about it, feeling the need to contest me at every chance he gets.

I guess I'm just too passive-aggressive, in that regard. They don't know the full extent of everything I've done.

Attached: 20151210_161857.jpg (2560x1920, 1.6M)

no idea op, ive been clinically depressed for 5 years now and ive pretty much given up hope. my gf of 2 years left me yesterday after admitting she hasn't loved me since 2017 too so that's hurting me too. I just kind of waste my time by sitting on my computer (not even playing vidya or anything) and have already accepted the idea of suicide. planning to get a shotgun in the next month or two hopefully and do it

Attached: 5Z4oiLheWIFIRUPLwObZBobodYSbJJUWbmksuVY-GuU.jpg (500x710, 119K)

Completely understand. So partially, this was an escape for you into a better world, and to top it off you aren't as connected or credentialed as your peers. Grades aren't everything. The ability to plan, lead, and speak, is. Read up on leadership, better yet find a leadership course or one in public speaking. And most importantly, don't give up. You've got skills, otherwise those piles of language books would have sat unread.

>They don't know the full extent of everything I've done.
Only you can show them. Good luck, user.

Drugs

It depends, why you are feeling depressed. What is holding you back? What is weighing down on you so heavily?

If u dont even know why u feel depressed, maybe ur not actually depressed.

I'll need to buy them back then, because after the fall-out with....her (and the other things), I donated all of the books to a nearby library.

Thinking about it, I think I'm going to be a bit more aggressive toward them about having done so. But, I don't want to come off as pretentious.
>though I'm sure many of them think that of me already.

Attached: 20151210_203003.jpg (2560x1920, 1.13M)

Just too tired to do anything.

Attached: Depression.jpg (500x720, 63K)

Thats boredom. not depression.