The Major is now a one-of-a-kind human-cyborg hybrid

The Major is now a one-of-a-kind human-cyborg hybrid

Section 9 isn't part of the government anymore but instead now works security for hanka robotics

The main antagonist is now Kuze/Puppet Master mashed together

Dr. Ouelet played by Juliette Binoche is the real villain of the movie and Hanka robotics

JUST FUCK MY ANIME UP SENPAI

GITS confirmed for a shitty Robocop/Dues Ex HR story

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iTkOvNDhO_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who cares? we all know its gonna be shit just because scarjo is in it

Shut the fuck up and wait for it to come out faggot!

Is there a single shot in this movie where she doesn't look constipated?

That transparent skeletal design is fucking retarded.

good, anime is for manchildren who didnt grow out of cartoons

Nobody cares about your weaboo crap, retard.

>asians are building a robot
>they conveniently assemble the nipples and vagina off-camera for american audiences

wew

>The main antagonist is now Kuze/Puppet Master mashed together

I can deal with this as long as they don't turn him into a Mr. Anonymous/wikileaks/snowden character

this

Gits is poor man's neuromancer.

i am all in for changes on the script, unless they follow an agenda of washing up the original idea to avoid offending pleb audiences. no idea if that's the case.

scarjo looks fantastic in the trailer. love everything i've seen, up to now.

Movie will be shit,

but will watch it to fap to the Scarjo scenes

>human-cyborg hybrid

... so a cybernetic cyborg?

1. Lift the "well-known" scenes (thermodive, fight in the water) from the anime

2. Lift Blade Runner aesthetic because you think it's the same thing

3. Add shitty Hollywoodtier revenge plot

4. Still flop

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEH

Visually it looks kinda cheap and nasty and goofy in places.

>The Major is now a one-of-a-kind human-cyborg hybrid

the fuck, isn't this defeat the whole purpose and meaning of ghost in the shell?

One day the world will understand that adaptations aren't, can't and shouldn't ever be 1:1 translations and are in fact a reinterpretation of the subject material.

Why the fuck would you even want to see the exact same characters, music and story. Don't you guys hate rehashes?

>he got all of this from a 2 minute teaser trailer

Weebs are so buttmad about this movie and they barely know anything about it. If you're so convinced it's gonna suck, then why care?

people want to see the origin material not some hack movie guy's version where he just glanced at wikipedia before writing

Weeaboos love it when cartoon shows are literally just redrawn into theatrical length scene by scene.

major's body isn't one of a kind made by some le genius engineer.

Can't believe that the tachikoma is going to be played by Andy Serkis

>Kuze/Puppet Master mashed together
Why? They're nothing alike.

because it could have not sucked but here are reasons that it do

Adaptations should always have the same premises, just different details and interpretations. Also, how many adaptations can you think of where the second iteration was more interesting? I can think of Herzog's Bad Lieutenant and Carpenter's The Thing.

>The Major is now a one-of-a-kind human-cyborg hybrid
Nothing shows that. She meant one of the kinda in the sense that Major was the first to grow up entirely in a "shell."

>Section 9 isn't part of the government anymore but instead now works security for hanka robotics
Again, nothing showed that.

Was there a press release or something that I missed? Because it seems like you're just grasping at straws.

I think it looks pretty good so far my only problems are that Major isn't cold and autistic, and that the geisha look way too robotic and creepy. The effect would've been better if they looked human and then transformed, instead of the doll-like aesthetics they have.

yeah that what i mean, hence the term ghost in the shell. the ghost can transfer the consciousness to pretty much any shell they need and even got hacked by the Puppet Master
and now they made it into this hybrid human shit

THEN WATCH THE ORIGINAL MATERIAL.

I don't watch Harry Potter, LotR, The Hobbit or Capeshit expecting an exact retelling. It's literally impossible to encapsulate books 1:1 into film. It's always a director's unique vision of the material and it's better for it. It's not meant to replace or improve it's just telling in a new way. It's just another expansion after the Manga, The Movie, The Anime and Arise. All of which do something different and are different interpretations. Why is this any different?

You literally want Member Berries films.

The irony is that GitSAC is more popular and critically acclaimed than the movie and manga it was adapted from.

I love the new trailer of Black Window: Pre-Sequel

>I think it looks pretty good so far my only problems are that Major isn't cold and autistic

I think it's safe to say they're more interested in the SAC portrayal of the Major than the movie.

At least this'll be better than GitS:ARISE

The real problem is.... it just looks like a bad movie hidden under the veneer of overproduced Hollywood shit.

Say it with me:

O V E R P R O D U C E D

This is going to be compared to Westworld not just the anime.

wtf i love scarjo now!

I've yet to see a legitimate reason for why this looks bad outside of no capturing the cyberpunk aesthetic close enough to the original.

I'm not saying it won't be but can anyone say why they think so without conjecture and memes?

She still was pretty autistic in SAC too. She showed the occasional glimpse of sarcasm or humanity but she still acted cold and robotic. She sounded unwavering and almost monotone, ScarJo sounds weak and too-human.

Special-Effect-Candy-Coating over a soulless turd, flattening of a once 3 dimension story.

>hurr durr the movie isn't exactly like the book!

Shut the fuck up nigga, it always happens.
PS: do you even weedlmao ? Because lemme tell you this, you're GONNA want to get high af for that one lol! Shit,s gonna be lit!!

Go back to Hollywood shill.

Basically this. It seems utterly and completely off tonally from the source material. I don't care about what they did to the story, it just feels nothing like the any of the older works.

I said without the conjecture.

You've seen a single trailer and can now say it's going to be a soulless turd?

And how the hell else would they even do a GitS movie without gratuitous amounts of CG. If anything they seemed relatively reserved with it too all they showed was character moments and fist fighting. No big blockbuster explosions and set pieces.

Major confirmed for Alice tier writing

Had one fucking job you god damn kikes

They should have taken The Dollar Trilogy and the original Magnificent Seven approach.

I don't like the AR Billboards, it looks messy. Also the green screen is really obvious.

fuck no !
when I saw the new trailer, it reminds me the fucking ugly useless slow motion of the fucking stupid shitty "Resident evil" movies

it's painfully obvious that this movie is just a hollywood edition of ghost in the shell. add in some shit about the major's mystical origins and how special she is, put in a famous actress and a dude from game of thrones for nerd cred (despite him looking absolutely ridiculous) and rip some visuals from the anime to try and give it a sense of legitimacy. and give the trailer a horrible remix of a depeche mode song. but it just fucking sucks. i'm not gonna go see this. you should, and tell me how "kino" it is. i bet you fucking won't.
there are some other visuals that look good though. and the major's jacket is cool. really only good things to mention.

>things are different than the source material
>in other news! Water! Wet!
Fans of the series/manga have nothing to complain about.

Us fans of the superior 1995 movie are making compromises as was to be expected

This is a more compelling argument than fagit OP

Shill harder studio intern. Maybe you can get into the real marketing department if you try just a bit harder.

What they should have done is turn Neuromancer into a movie. Nobody going to complain Whitewashing Japan. It's literally the source material.

>Buzz word buzz word buzz word
>DON'T CALL ME OUT YOU SHILL

The movie ghost in the shell has a completely different tone from the original manga and the characters have completely different personalities

>"Dude just use 100% of your brain and then you can enjoy it."

Creator of GITS has gone to shit anyway

Seriously his last movie was this, which is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

And again another shit that I won't pay to see it at kino
Fuck you HollyWhore!

batou was casted before the guy appeared on game of thrones

I don't know anything about this series and i found the trailer boring af.

those stupid acrobatics

didnt she supposedly went in - out in thermo-optic camo?

I don't think Hollywood is capable of making a GitS movie that does the subject matter justice, regardless of creative liberties, because GitS is a story about concepts, theories and morality. Action and character are vehicles through with the messages are delivered.

The very nature of a Hollywood blockbuster precludes any mainstream adaptation of GitS from ever working. You NEED a main character to focus on and gratuitous amounts of action to keep the audience entertained. You can't introduce complex subjects because you need to keep the viewer on a straightforward path and avoid distractions and confusion.

GitS is the kind of thing where every time it gets remade and more popular it's going to attempt to appeal to a greater audience and thus lose the things that make it work so well that are usually only possible on a small budget or with auteur directors.

He made that? I didn't realize.

It wasn't very good at all but the costume design was /fa/ as fuck.

The common shill, when called out for shilling defends itself to the death, sacrificing itself to protect the shill hive, knowing that more shills will soon emerge to take its place.

So again: SHILL HARDER STUDIO INTERN.

It was obviously going to be shit
Just pretend it doesn't exist

>Section 9 isn't part of the government anymore but instead now works security for hanka robotics
Good, I love me some corporate espionage. Tired of the same "le ebin secret government agency that can do anything" seen in a million anime/tv shows. At least this is something different.

>Creator of GITS

She wasn't nearly as robotic and detached in SAC as she was in the movie.

Even less so in the 2nd Gig arc about Kuze and her origins, which is what the movie is adapting.

Blade Runner 2 will btfo this fraud back to Japan.

Watch Ex Machina instead

That's her secret user...

She was always a fucking human cyborg thing. Everything but her brain is machine. If I'm wrong than Ghost In The Shell is too fucking confusing anyway.

You're not wrong.

The Major was noteworthy for being entirely robotic besides her brain, and that she'd been that was since childhood as an emergency measure after surviving a plane crash.

There are other fully robotic people, but she's especially proficient at being fully robotic because she's been that way as long as she can remember.

In the newest show, "ARISE", she was even fully robot since birth or some nonsense.

That they all still have brains is important, because the central question of the franchise is whether or not a fully artificial intelligence can have a soul, or personhood.

The point was she was never one of a kind.

There were plenty of cyborgs ranging from completely artificial bodies to just neck usb ports.

Her body especially was considered a very generic model as far as looks went.

Also, there is ambiguity about whether or not she actually ever was a human and still has an organic brain

I should clarify, the plane crash comes up in Stand Alone Complex, in the story arc this movie is adapting to some extent.

There's no mention of it in the 1995 movie.

That's not why people are QQ'ing, friend

I'm mainly worried the movie is going to miss some of the most important themes in the show in an effort to ramp up action and HOLLYWOOD.

To be fair buddy, the orginal anime was shitting on the style, humour and settings of the orginal manga, but that still made it big on its own.

The closest GITS has come to correctly portraying the orginal source material in tone is stand alone complex

Will this scene be in it?

>Human-cyborg hybrid

i thought the boring interracial lesbian kiss was supposed to be the scene.

>"ORGINAL MATERIAL"

Even the 1995 movie did a retelling user. The PS1 game was closer to artstyle, themes and tone.

I think thats because shirow may have had a hand in the animation process of the PS1 game.

The PS1 game is closest in style to the manga

youtube.com/watch?v=iTkOvNDhO_Y

>that salt
Stay mad, faggot. Old man Scott is senile and Ford is ready for the nursing home.

>human-cyborg hybrid

So that would be Human + Human + Robot?

Shut your whore mouth bitch nigga. You don't speak for fans of the 1995 movie.

>human/cyborg hybrid
That's just a cyborg.

He means Human-Android hybrid

wait...that's doujin right

nope, just typical shirow

That's definitely Shirow's artstyle, so I'm pretty sure that's canon.

90% of Shirow's work is lewd af.

>anything different is "shitting"
I fucking hate geek/nerd culture

... so a cyborg?

Nope.

Only one page though.

But the manga is shit

>GitSAC is more popular and critically acclaimed than the movie and manga it was adapted from.

I doubt that. SAC got a lot of push from being on cable TV, but I don't think its really eclipsed to influence of the 95 movie. Of course, the point still stands that the '95 movie was an adaptation.

It's just a different take. Kinda like how SAC and the original film had different backstories, and how Arise has a completely different backstory too. Not to mention how completely different the original film was from the source material.

Anyway chillax, it seems cool. None of those things are important to the core of the GITS universe which is about identity. Scarlett even looks cute.

The new Dredd ended up being really good even though it got a ton of shit early on for not looking like Sly's Dredd.

No, that's in the manga. The next page is Batou nearing vomiting because he links to the Major on their cyberbrain channel and gets a whole bunch of sensations that his male brain can't process because, well, you know.

GITS is already fucked. It's been shit since after SAC. This is nothing new for the franchise.

Why does Batou look like a retard now? Also he seems like a manlet.

Black Swan is how you "reimagine" an Anime.

>since after SAC
You mean before.