I just got back from seeing what is probably the most depressing film of the year, 'The Last Family'...

I just got back from seeing what is probably the most depressing film of the year, 'The Last Family'. Based on the life of Zdzisław Beksiński, a surrealist painter.

What films take the depression cake for you Sup Forums?

pirosmani

batman v superman

which bloodborne level was this?

>he was murdered by a 19 year old for refusing to lend him money
Fuggggggggg

The Road probably, just the hopelessness of the entire situation. There's no happy ending just "hopefully everything works out", but you know it won't

The film depicts that.

I went into the cinema completely blind of context. That scene was a hammer stroke to the gut.

Synecdoche, New York or Afterlife (Koreeda)

I'd argue that it was a happy ending. Multiple times throughout, the inherent good of collaboration and trust was demonstrated. The father was too far gone, but the son kept hope.

Keked hard with the based meme

The Dekalog
agreed, however the book doesn't have quite as happy an ending

>that "painting"
anime-tier trash

Khthoniik Cerviiks!!

Your retardation knows no bounds.

For all the feel good it brings you know he goes right back to being hungry and is the first one on the eating block with his new "family"

You have terrible godawful state and a poor appreciation of true art

You

well he's kinda right, there's nice surrealism, subtle surrealism, then there's Tim Burton tier shit like OP's painting.

I didn't feel that way....with the book either. That's right...I read the book. What now bitch?

The Road always takes a lot out of me

I read the book too memelord. I really hope you actually put the time in to cast your mind a couple years down the road in the boy's shoes after he gets picked up by the guy who seals his shotgun shells with wax. Hungry, cold, no hope anywhere

It would have been really cool to see the cannibal phalanxes in the movie though

A Single Man
Up In The Air

thanks for making this known. added to watch list

Hotel Rwanda
Grave of the Fireflies
The Plague Dogs