Today I accepted that I want to divorce my wife. I've been running from the feeling for a while now...

Today I accepted that I want to divorce my wife. I've been running from the feeling for a while now. It just didn't make sense. Until today.

Ask me anything I am high AF and gonna be up for a while.

Attached: Suffering.jpg (1024x512, 50K)

How long have you been married?

Married 18 months, dated for 8 years.

Geeze. What has made you want a divorce so soon after getting married?

That is a very loaded question lol. We have been in marriage counseling for 6 months working shit out. Its actually getting worse between us, which isn't a bad thing.

My personal problem is that for most of my life, I haven't spoken up. Last summer I went and got help. I've been working through alot. What I have learned is that I push myself aside for other people constantly. I did it for my parents, I did it for my first girl friend, I did it for my wife now. I just can't do that anymore.

For instance:

On Sunday she asked me if she'd like it if she got a pixie cut. I answered honestly (I would've fucking caved in the past and just said yes. This is what I mean by me pushing myself aside and not being honest). So, I told her no. I wouldn't like it, but I don't mean to tell you not to.

Get the haircut I am not telling you what to do. I just answered the question, I wouldn't like it. That turned into an argument.

I just realized...I don't want to deal with shit like that anymore.

I'm glad you were able to be honest. How bad of an argument was it? My grandparents almost got divorced when my grandmother dyed her hair red at one point.

Are you going to make the choice you want?

The choice I want is divorce. I am choosing that, yes.

Are you gonna smash b4 the divorce validates

No I am sleeping in another bed until its over

Biggest regret I’ve ever had, user. Just take a LONG time to really think this over.

I certainly wish I had.

Coward

Based on the information you've given it just doesn't seem like grounds for divorce. The one example you gave sounds like a scenario you'd go through with any woman. What's the bigger issue?

You know I had that thought too, but I don't believe that bullshit.

I don't want to be with my wife anymore, so I am not. Is it cowardly to do what you feel is right? Or is it cowardly to get into bed, knowing that its over?

To me its cowardly to not do what I feel is right. I get people will see it differently. Thats okay.

why is that?

Thats just the most recent example. The underlying issue is much bigger I think.

This morning, after many months of her going to therapy, and me going to therapy, and US going lol. She said to me "if things don't get better in a few months for me personally, I will end it." She said that she isn't mad at me, and knwos that I am not mad at her. It just doesn't feel right anymore, and hasn't for a while.

My wife told me that she was considering getting a divorce in a few months and instead of feeling sad, or worried, I felt relief.

That was the thing that told me it was time. I was relieved that my wife said it was almost over.

I'm sorry to hear that it isn't working out, but it sounds like you're at least able to do it maturely.

I am trying. I feel strongly about being able to be strong and KIND through this. I feel the way I feel, but I can't be a dick about it you know? I am trying to be nice to her through this. Its just hard to be nice to someone, and tell them you don't want to be with them anymore, you know?

why dont you just work it out, she sounds like damaged goods. that's laying a land mind out there for us single guys trying to get laid

>land mind
mien mine shit i can't spell today

What the fuck is up with females and asking this shit without actually wanting an answer?

"Would you like it if I got tattood "
"Would you like it if I got X haircut"

Answer no and you're fucked.
Jezus just develop yourself without someone else's input

I got a girl I've been dating for 4+ years and thinking about marrying one day that does shit just like this. Takes out her anger on me and always wants to argue over the dumbest shit. Like, no matter what I respond when she gets in that mood, it would be the wrong response and she would find something retarded to say against it. I've thought "fuck this shit" many, many times over the years. But then again, I realize, life's short, we're still together this long for a reason. Can't sweat the small stuff. Whenever she tries arguing, I just say "Why are you mad? Why are you trying to argue?" And it usually just ends there. It takes 2 to make it work, so if she "gave up" then you guys are hopeless. But you guys have been on nearly 10 years now, I think you'd be able to work it out. You and her just have to not sweat the small stuff man. Who the fuck argues over a pixie cut? Call her out on the spot and just be like nigga, you really arguing over this?

I was having a breakdown/crisis of some sort. I felt like I HAD to leave her. We could have worked through it, and I could have my dream house, my classic cars, and my motorcycle collection...and a partner who made great money (as much as me, if not more than me some years).

In hindsight, I just needed some good therapy and some more time to come to my senses.