Is he the most overrated rapper in the game today?

Is he the most overrated rapper in the game today?

Possibly but I somehow think "the game" will be ok.

Kendrick Lamar

Every single one of them is overrated as a musician.

xxx dropped out, but earl and nas and j cole and hopsin etc. etc. still exist

hell, rap is very much about a cult of personality so basically every rapper is overrated by nature, especially mumble rappers

Also, lil peep exists.

Lil pump
lets be honest people
HE FUCKING S U C K S

I think he is either fairly rated or under rated at this point. I see people talk about his flaws and criticize him a lot,anyways.

GKMC and TPAB were both great. DAMN was just "YAASSS KANG SLAAAAY". I would say he's overrated but at the moment but he's not THE most overrated rapper.

Not even close. There are so many worthless trap rappers hyped right now, Tyler is at least interesting and does his own thing

>""""""""""the game""""""""""
Eat shit fuccboi.

lil pump has meme status but no one actually thinks he's good

Memecore early 10s shit.

Not at all, most opinions about him are the same, and those that wouldn't like him don't even care.

Having a back and forth with one of the the biggest american news outlet is a literal example of controversy.

Slaughtering said news outlet in your music only magnifies that.

Kendrick is literally the only "controversial" rapper right now.
Eminem has been growing to that ever since news outlets got mad at him for making fun of trump. waay back when.

I actually find him underrated. Drake, Travis Scott and rappers like that are overrated.

Go listen to Wolf or Goblin actually really cool shit especially considering hip hop and rap atm.

The most renowned is always the most overrated because people interpret status as credibility and a wider reaching reputation means a larger number of people rating them.
Eminem, Jay Z and now Kendrick Lamar are the most overrated today due to their celebrity status. It's not really a facet of music or reception that is worth thinking about anyway, unless you want to explore why that happens but that's not complicated either.

the only people that like earl are Sup Forums for some reason and skater kids who drink 40's and smoke blunts at the skate park so I don't know where you're getting overrated from

Every rapper is overrated.

When XXX was first blowing up I'd hear the dumbest shit about his music and him as a person. "He's so versatile", "He's the first person to rap about depression" and other retarded shit. When the video for Look at Me dropped I actually heard people say that he's an absolute genius for exposing institutionalized racism in his edgy retarded video. At peak relevancy he was definitely a top contender for most overrated rapper ever, but people are realizing how retarded his shit is, especially after his XXL Freshman performance.

The only other rapper that you mentioned that is overrated would be J Cole. He has some amazing tracks, but too often his music just falls flat. His fans are something else though, they will read the most ridiculous shit into lyrically uninteresting tracks.

The only people that take Hopsin seriously are the dumbasses that watch and enjoy the Rap Critic.

Earl is not overrated, he was hyped to death by teenagers when he was stuck in Samoa but he was lyrically and technically impressive. He's also kind of faded into Obscurity after he released I don't like shit, I don't go outside.

Illmatic is undeniably one of the best rap albums of all time, but most people accept the fact that the rest of his albums aren't nearly as good.

whatever happened to odd future tho?

They're still a thing, but they don't do much together.

how are they a thing if they don't do much together?

'Cause they haven't officially broken up.

He is right tho

Not really, he's just a slightly wild card the industry could do without. He's on his last legs and he'll be an aging celebrity before we know it

>DAMN was just "YAASSS KANG SLAAAAY"
kys