Free speech should be free of consequences, right?

Free speech should be free of consequences, right?

Or is that other people using their freedom to suppress your own? I’d love to have a discussion and I’d love to hear your thoughts

Attached: B723D9EF-0482-4E51-9591-11C8DEBEBD46.jpg (534x401, 38K)

They should ban free speech. The forefathers couldn't have imagined the internet and 24hr news cycles.

words have the power to hurt. This is just the basic truth.

That's actually pretty clever. I mean, sure, false analogy and all, but still. user, you are far too intelligent for this board. Two thumb's up!

Free speech just means the government won't censor or hinder you on giving your own opinion on topics. The individual and the media are free to counter and mock you.

Too bad the niggers and feminists talk shit all day, otherwise white mans world only would exist.

Not if they knowingly and malicefully spread falsehoods.

This guy gets it. Nailed it in one. You want to spew hate speech, don't clutch your pearls if you experience some pushback.

Attached: kaboom.gif (240x180, 659K)

Made me do a think, you guys have an anti-defamation law right? Has it ever been used by the state againts an individual?

All speech should be unregulated, but speech that promotes violence should be curtailed and punishable with prison time.

talk shit, get hit

Hate speech isn't real. And if by pushback you mean hordes scrawny twigs of "men" and "women" coming out in masks wielding clubs and shields larping like they're the White Knights of Estrogen, and beating people who disagree with them, then your pushback is nothing more than the rhing you claim to be soooooo afraid of. Fascism. I bet you believe white privilege exists too, huh?

Fuck off you pinko commie cunt. The Helicopters are being prepped for your skyline tour as we speak.

No, there is no "but". It's either all speech is free, or none is free. You can't say "I like free speech but..." because that shows you don't want free speech. You just want your speech promoted.

Because bohoohoo someone's feelings might get hurt somewhere

So, freedom of speech ia not freedom of consequences persay, but freedom of governmental oppression towards expression of through speexh, if a company wants to fire you for what you say they have that right becauss even if your not on the clock, you are a representative of that company, especialy if your a higher up like a CEO or such, if your a grunt then they will most likely not care. But all this talk about punch a nazi and shit, is illegal, if someone is spewing garbage they have a right to spew it, punching someone is illegal in and of itself so long as consent is not involved (like a ufc fight) so to punch someone that is saying aomething ypu dont like is already protected as free speech. The whole idea is to protect the actual action of talking, no one, whether that be government or individual is allowed to prevent you from speaking, after that if they wish to speak back or take action such as fire you or blacklist you from their home they may, a governmemt may mot though

nigga i just ghettoed what this dude said TALK SHIT
GET HIT

>speech that promotes violencw should be curtailed and punishable with prison time
nice meme, thats not free speech anymore kiddo

No hes right speech that brings about violence isnt just speech anymore its a call to arms and cam be concidered action. A motivator to burn all the niggers is the one responsible for burning niggers not just the actual nigher burners

What I gather from this thread, speech should be free but the rules of talk shit get hit still apply

Free speech means you can't go to jail because of your opinions.

Every other consequence is fair game.

>Free speech should be free of consequences

Killer. Then dressing like a whore and drinking yourself unconscious in a frat house should be free of consequences too... oh wait, they're actually pushing that. wtf

Hmm interesting

unless the speech falls under an exclusion (such as defamation), knowingly and "malicefully" spreading falsehoods is defended

Attached: meme_Played out.jpg (674x768, 222K)

Would you all say that groups like BLM and Antifa are just excercising their free speech to oppress others?

Attached: 1F971C30-373C-4802-8D66-A6C230257FBF.jpg (640x345, 101K)