Sup B! Can anyone tell me if this handwriting is from the same person

Sup B! Can anyone tell me if this handwriting is from the same person.

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-114719.png (1080x2220, 1.65M)

yes, it is.
The B and Y are the same. And both writers show signs of tapering the words.

Thanks man thats great news for me.

tell us more

Its from a family journal that has been past down since slavery. They were abolitionist. And im figuring out all the people that wrote in it. A lot of famous abolitionist from pittsburgh philly and NY wrote in it. The initials are BTT. Not BYY

Handwriting analyst fag here. I can see the top signature is the original authentic sample. The second sample looks like a sad attempted amalgamation. Even the pressure saturation looks weak and the ending of the strokes look contrived. This looks like a forgery. Even the signature initials in the second sample look to be botched.

Attached: crayon.jpg (556x720, 50K)

Well i can tell you it's not a forgery. Several of the entries have been comfirmed by top educators and leaders in antebellum literature. Im just going through more of them while they are publishing the ones i sent them

No.

The women whos journal it was. Went to school with the guy who i think it is too.

Original handwriting analysis fag here: Theyre the same person. The fluidity of both is consistent. The upper and lower portions of the letters are extended in both samples. There is evidence of word tapering which is something that is overlooked in frauds. The dot placements are high and stoked as opposed to points in both samples. There really isnt a lot of contradictions, however, the top sample is pretty lacking. It would be nice to see more of it.

I don't think so.

The movement required to create the narrower 'a' in the to words is completely different to how the lower, thicker 'a' was written. The top 'a' requires more of a flick, and the pen would almost stop when making it's round trip to create the letter. Conversely, the bottom 'a' is a much rounder and smoother 'a' where the pen barely slows at all.

Moreover, look at the way the 'a' in the top conjoins other letters. It's an angular, sharp line that's drawn once the 'a' is completed. The bottom 'a' maintains its smoother flow by gently curving up to meet the next letter. And in both cases, the connection between the 'a' and the consecutive letter is located in the same place.

also, there has to be a motive of forgery to even consider it. Since you don't know what the documents are or the story behind them, you cant make that statement with any certainty.

Attached: 20180216_203133.jpg (2880x2160, 1.5M)

the "e"'s are different.

The only thing about the A is the width of them. Everything else is consistent. You really cant make a determination off 1 letter. A persons handwriting changes from time to time. The brain and the hand are connected, when a persons mind changes, so does the handwriting. There is a lot more evidence showing consistency than not.

show more of the top sample

wow

I dont have more of the top sample its from old bank records from the 1860s. They started cooperating with historians in Pittsburgh.

As a graphologist, my opinion is no. Too many differences in script. Most would say yes, as they are unfamiliar with this style of handwriting, subtle differences say otherwise.

your argument with the A is like saying the top letter in this pic was written by a different person than the bottom letter because their so different.

Attached: fszdfcz.jpg (566x692, 169K)

Czech'd

I don't see any other letters bar a comparatively common 'm' to compare. I say common because it's actually quite similar to mine.

The 'y' is also different both in the way it's written and the way it conjoins the preceding letter. On the top, the are sharp, angular lines when the pen travels up then down, but a smooth round dip between. But the bottom 'y' has a smooth procession from the previous letter, and gently dips into the curve for the first part of the 'y' before doing what *everyone* does for the letter 'y' and goes down.

What's odd is how the top 'y' is lacking a flick to conjoin the next letter, yet the bottom 'y' has that flick without a consecutive letter to join.

I don't think they're the same person, due to the details I've pointed out with the differences between 'a' and 'y' letters. These would arise from very dissatisfied habits of hand movement.

You've got to keep in mind that the manner in which people are taught to write and what's considered acceptable writing would be very different back then. They may look much more similar to us than they would to someone from the same era.

Its not a Y its a T. The guys name was Benjamin Tucker Tanner

Oops, so it is. Now that I see it, it should've been obvious in the first place.

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-130956.png (1080x2220, 521K)

I think this is the best answer. Thanks man.