FUCK THANKSGIVING, POST CHRISTMAS KINO

Starting with the obvious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4G0l3dt6ovQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

arguably the greatest film ever made, perfection in cinematic form

anyway, I'll add pic related

Shop Around the Corner is the superior Jimmy Stewart Christmas movie.

I teared up at times watching this.

My family and I watch this one every year. Never gets old.

It's a good movie but not even close

Krampus and bad santa

Christmas tradition to watch this at my house

This
>Die Hard
>Elf (fuck normies)

Elf is one of those movies that is hilarious for about 30 minutes and then you have turn it off before you get a headache

Am I the only one who watches this every Christmas Eve? It's comfy as all fuck and really well done.

This, Die Hard, and A Christmas Story are the perfect three films to watch on Christmas Eve, surrounded by your anime figures and snuggling with your body pillow. I do it every year, it's great.

ill check it out this year

I've actually never seen it, which is embarrassing because I obsess over golden age films

Will download and save to watch on Christmas

Is it campy like those old-time movies often were?

Money Train

>Bells will be ringing
>ohhhh what a Christmas

I've never seen a Bing Crosby movie to be honest.

I love it.
Had one of the most mind-blowingly meta moments I can think of. Intentional or not.
shut up

Preemptive strike: A Christmas Story is overrated normie shit and anybody who thinks it's kino needs to neck themselves at the first available opportunity.

they weren't "campy" they just had a different approach to acting and storytelling, which can be off-putting to people who aren't used to it

IMO old-time movies are significantly better than what we get nowadays

Literally the best adaptation of A Christmas Carol.

>shut up
no u

I agree that older movies are definitely better, but the overdramatic acting and cringey storytelling sometimes gets too much for me. It's not like I'm shitposting, I literally grew up mostly just watching movies on TMC and I loved them. But sometimes they became too cringy.

>Fuck Thanksgiving

and miss out on this gem...not a chance

hands down the best christmas special

youtube.com/watch?v=4G0l3dt6ovQ

I love the more theatrical acting style personally, and I find the classical Hollywood narrative style works great most of the time. There are duds of course but certainly a higher success rate than modern Hollywood

Occasionally I will come across one that makes me cringe, recently I tried to watch Test Pilot with Clark Gable and Myrna Loy and couldn't even finish it. What a dumb fucking movie

good choice OP, an amazing movie

I will add

Eyes Wide Shut
Black Christmas
Inside

>I love the more theatrical acting style personally, and I find the classical Hollywood narrative style works great most of the time. There are duds of course but certainly a higher success rate than modern Hollywood
You mean when movies were written by writers instead of executives? Yeah, I haven't been to the theatres in over a year because everything that's been coming out has been garbage. And yet they blame millenials for decreasing box office numbers and not their films that they shit out like clockwork.

Even the directors nowadays who can consistently put out decent films like Tarantino and Nolan are shit compared to the old great directors.

Hollywood banks everything on gimmicks and special effects nowadays, things like story and good acting are completely ignored. It's pretty sad

And yeah, even the best modern directors (I would not include Tarantino or Nolan among them however) are nothing compared to the likes of Hawks, Ford, Walsh, Wilder, etc

Mate, I am sorry to have to tell you this, but you're just a pleb.

Yes, mainstream hollywood films have been shit for quite some time. That being said, there are still incredible movies coming out every year that are just not hitting the multiplex. The fact that Tarantino and Nolan are exemplars of contemporary quality for you is very telling.

White Christmas

A Benihana Christmas

This is the comfiest and probably my favorite film.

>Mate, I am sorry to have to tell you this, but you're just a pleb.
Oh no, you called me a mean word online!

>Yes, mainstream hollywood films have been shit for quite some time. That being said, there are still incredible movies coming out every year that are just not hitting the multiplex. The fact that Tarantino and Nolan are exemplars of contemporary quality for you is very telling.
I never said that they were great quality, but they are consistently decent. Every single one of their movies is entertaining to me, but I wouldn't compare them with the great classics.

I only get exposed to the shit films that are advertised to me online, and I never have time to seek out the good films that are being made. When I started lurking here, I was hoping to be exposed to them, but all I've seen come out of this board so far are the all-so-wonderful capeshit threads.

I feel you, personally I just have such little interest in modern films. There are so many classic movies I still need to see, and since they appeal to me more, I focus on watching them as opposed to seeking out great new releases.

Not saying they don't exist, but I have a lifetime's worth of movies on my plate already and I have no time for them.

>White Christmas
Not really that great desu.

Well this board is basically made up of 95% plebs who don't have much of an actual interest in film. They mostly come here to discuss blockbuster trash.

There have still been great American films out this year. These include:

Kate Plays Christine
Moonlight
Manchester-by-the-Sea
The Other Side
Cameraperson
Certain Women

all of which are basically better than practically anything Nolan or Tarantino has made

then you have lots of other good stuff like Louder Than Bombs, Sunset Song, Arrival, Cemetery of Splendor, Elle, The Handmaiden, Creepy, Lovesong

there is no shortage of good movies out this year. the complaint of "all movies are shit these days" is one of the fastest ways to spot either a pleb or someone too lazy to seek out the many good movies that are out there

>These include:
are they all numale/chick flicks?