Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Kuralt,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monogamy#Ancient_Greece_and_ancient_Rome
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like women

Because youth fades.

Every man should have his woman.

Is there a way around it being illegal?

I mean could you have one "wife", and four "housemaids" who live in your house and all raise children?

this

every frenchie should be fucked by jamal

causes unnecessary conflict in society

Yep

I've heard it was a Roman custom for some reason, and it spread from there into Christianity. Well, that, and Paul's injunction that deacons should be 'the husband of one wife'.

Common theories are, that women naturally go for rich + powerful men, even if they're just one of many wives, so those men soak up the women and the /other/ men get restless, angry, and make trouble. Like muslims. I don't know why the Romans decided to do things that way though.

Because then you'd have to pay alimony to your ten wives.

really? have you ever seen it happen?

are you sure there isn;t some kind of law where you could be jailed or something?

Because those are the roots of the western civilization our ancestors have built upon. Every man should have his woman.

If the 20% of males have wives and the 80% doesn't, you end up with the 80% being unproductive, violent, and unwilling to fight in the interest of their host civilization, unwilling to defend it, build, and maintain it.

I.e. Like everything else, the reason is war. Patriarchal monogamous societies are generally better at winning wars, so they tended to genocide everything else.

Blog.jim.com has some good debates on the subject

>burberry bikini
>fucken nice tits
>skinny
subscribed

Polygamy is for Africans and Asians.

They're horrible creatures. If they weren't pretty we'd go extinct.

Monogamy is the best thing for society.

because women would rather be the 10th wife of chad if given the opportunity, rather than give anyone else a chance.

You could always just pull a Sheen if you're gonna commit to such degeneracy.

It used to be legal here in the 60s

>I heard
Stopped reading there

Because monogamy makes for a better society with less internal disputes.

I've heard it happens in England, with muslims. And, Charles Kuralt en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Kuralt, a famous Sunday morning TV host had two families, each not knowing about the other. So it's uncommon, but not impossible.

Becuase I can't get one woman let alone several.

As long as you don't try to legally marry them, there is no law against this. Just say they're "friends".

Monogamy is a White concept. Even the Romans noted that the Germanic barbarians only had one wife each, including the leader of the tribe.

Because Rome (and Greece) are the basis of what it means to be European. Monogamy is one of the great things handed down from the Romans.

Actually that's extremely common in western Islamic communities. One wife legally on paper but three more through Islamic law.

what if there's children involved? could they do a dna test or something and if you're the father say "this counts as a marriage" on some sort of legal level?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monogamy#Ancient_Greece_and_ancient_Rome

I have friends that are "polygamous" but only in their sex-life. As in, they're open to threesomes, swinging, and even getting cucked.

It's definitely weird and it's probably a good thing they're not married but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Laws against polygamy exist to keep very attractive men from having all of the women.

The majority of this userbase is probably invisible to prime women. Without laws against polygamy, they would stand no chance in become a beta provider cuck being reimbursed with sex before the female divorces them and takes half their assets.

Women have /no/ problem sharing a male in the top 20% with other females. In fact, they would much prefer sharing Chad over having to see a man with subpar facial features and short stature every day.

>but hey, whatever floats your boat.
Why is this considered a good argument in the West?

see

Both the Romans and the rest of Europe had it. It is a European concept.

It's polyamory or just poly now.

Cause we cherish freedom and the right to do whatever the fuck you want so long as you don't infringe on the rights of someone else

People take it to different extremes tho. Liberterians being the most liberal with it and tradional conservatives/hard commie lefts being the most against it. The more radical the ideology, the less reasonable it becomes in my eyes.

If polygamy were legalized, the practice would be exclusively limited to rich men, since there would be no reason for multiple women to mooch off of one poor man.

Polygamy means to take risks, and most people are too weak for that.

They search for replacements for the stable realtion ship of their childhood (mommy and daddy). They want someone who "belongs" to them, like a car.

Real love is about freedom, but most people don't get this.

It already is a thing. Except it's called "sexual liberation" where the majority of women exclusively date and fuck the top 10% of the male population.
Any schmuck they marry is just beta bux.

>Cause we cherish freedom and the right to do whatever the fuck you want so long as you don't infringe on the rights of someone else
Everything you do affects others though, because what you do affects you and you affect others.

Liberty is still number one in the minds of Americans

The youth which are the greatest proponents of its undoing know not the consequences of their misguided actions, or if they do, they are to be quashed

Because it's better to just stick with one woman and then fuck a bunch of other easy girls on the side.

Cucked by your prime wife. Otherwise no.
Despite desired enmasse by the more... extroverted part of the population... polygamy is a mess to implement due to legalities especially regarding divorce.

This. Being married doesn't really give any benefits any more and while men and women claim they want to get married, it's much easier to just have multiple partners.

Just when I thought this place couldn't get any more degenerate

ikr? I'll never get a girl this qt

The receptionist at my gym is super qt (skinny but not super, brown hair, qt face, hazel eyes, qt voice). But I bet she gets hit on by every chad that walks through or has a bf.

jdimsa

no that's an open relationship ie slutdom.
polygamy is plural marriage ie one man and multiple loyal wives

Currently in a polyamory relationship. It works quite well if the two girls are interested in one another aswell. Then you can either hang out all together, if one person is tired, the other person can fill in.

The problem is that with just two people relationships are already hard to keep. You have disputes and fights. Now imagine three people. Fights will arise more often, you will see that one person is backing another one, while leaving you feeling left out. and it will rotate like this, adding even more tension. One partner will feel left out most of the time. You need to have discussions with all the people involved to know what the other feels, or you're just asking for it to blow up in your face.

Now look at how relationships work in todays society. Cheating, lying, tension, fighting, mistrust etc. Why would you want to make the relationship even harder? You take a huge risk and you might be fucked over by TWO people, not just one. also keep in mind to have a proper relationship you need to invest your time into it. Again, you double the time, the work and the hardship. If you can get the relationship to work, it has alot of upsides, but to have one that lasts for a lifetime would be almost impossible.

The only reason I got it to work somewhat was because we three grew up together and basically knew each other since day one. I can't imagine doing this with random people.

I don't care about your blogpost, fuck off.

women don't like it.
/thread

I thought his post was informative and gave an interesting perspective on the whole thing.

A B S O L U T E L Y B A R B A R I C

Romania being this based

Don't kid yourself, "whatever floats your boat" is just a form of bullshit therapeutic self-assurance: "Maybe if I say everything is fine if it makes you happy, that means that everything I'm doing is fine, and I don't need to feel the profound existential anxiety resulting from my shallow, empty life."

That's where that phrase comes from.

And I'm a therapist. Read "The Culture of Narcissism."

I feel you bro

>pro polygamy
Not the Germany I knew.

There's nothing wrong with it on an individual level but it will cause structural issues for a society - a surplus of young males, among other things.

is that a turd battery in the bottom left?

If they allow gays marry in weird countries why don't hey allow polygamy too? Funny how "but it's between adults so it's ok and non of our business anyway" suddenly doesn't work if it's 2+ people.

I really really REALLY like this post.

If you think you can make my sisters or cousins into "number 3" then you're going to have a hard time

maybe it's natural. Most mammal packs have 1 or 2 alphas who do all the fucking. The other loosers just have to watch

Here's a plan. It's simple really. Talk to her without flirting. Show that you're not just after pussy and she'll give you a chance.

Unless you're pathetic or something.

you turn the society into inbred terrorists

>that ID

But it was done, even in patriarchal cultures.

What the father tends to care about is the ability of the prospective husband to support the daughter, so that the cost of the offspring doesn't get passed onto himself.

you might as well sudoku yourself. I guess in the futrue men will share wives, so when she divorces them they can split alimony payments in half.

What the hell are these dreams of cuckoldry?

>all mammals have the same breeding strategy

even humans, supposedly all the same species, have different breeding strategies in the same races and cultures as poor women tend to have more kids with more fathers and richer women have less kids with fewer fathers

In Europe? No. Of course some primitive muds would do it

Islam is now part of germany.

did I say I'm gonna do it?? But I can see "progressive" westerners engaging such relationships.

> Real love is about freedom, but most people don't get this.
> They want someone who "belongs" to them, like a car.

Freedom is why relationships and marriage fail. You need rules, trust and sacrifice for an actual relationship to work and for all sides to put effort into it, not just one person. If anything arises in the relationship that causes tension it needs to be talked over so that both sides understand the situation. If you can't make a compromise or solve the problem, you leave the relationship. You don't just "deal with it" and ignore problems. There can be no "the man needs to suck it up" or "the woman needs to do all the work". If atleast one person half asses it or is the only one making sacrifices and compromises, the relationship is fucking shit.

Ofcourse there are many reasons why you would have a relationship. Sex? Comfort? The need to reproduce?
The point is, if you have freedom and just do it for the fucking, your relationship WILL end because of the nature of it. you will get bored. There will be no rules, there will be no attachement beyond simple lust that will fade away eventually. If you don't have a relationship foundation built out of trust, rules and sacrifice, all you will be doing is going from person A to person Z, fucking.

This is why you give up other partners, because you want a relationship to go above primal lust. You want to have mutual understanding, trust and most importanly respect. Respect should be king in a relationship. If you can't respect your partner or you don't get it from them, it's over. Pure love wont keep you afloat forever it's only there to get you started and to build up on.

Love fades no matter what you do. It can be rekindled, it will simmer down again, but it will never be constant. Respect is constant, unless you destroy it.

People are being given more and more freedom. And relationships are becoming less and less stable because of it.

Yes it is natural to some degree, but it will also mean that betas would have to fight those alphas
This would divide men and would propably lead to more crime

Monogamy is a way to keep betas happy and non-violent toward alphas

w e w lad. Therapy boy thinking he knows something based on complete circumstantial/anecdotal evidence that can't even be applied to different situations as the scientific method would suggest.

>Gee I wonder if I compile a list of reasons why this serial butchered these 12 kids, one of them would have to be it! Yes, I'll write a 10 page dissertation on just that.

kek

The phrase literally just means do whatever you want. There is no set purpose in life unless you're religious; so to say what one person is doing is better/worse than another is completely arbitrary and only distinguished by human-made judgments. Not sure what you were trying to say with that drivel.

If you want to live a hippie life, smoking ganja and living on the road, then fuck it, do it. If you want to live a conservative/traditional lifestyle of getting a wife, having kids, and getting the white-picket fence, then do that. That's what "whatever floats your boat" means. To say one is better than the other is a meaningless exercise since you can't treat it like numbers; there are no defined criteria.

Sup Forums wisdom of the day

It would bring about the destruction of civilization and re-institute an old era of sexual inequality resulting in biblical numbers of angry betas who with today's technology would kill us all.

get a visit from an angel op,

and anything can become possible....

>How come polygamy isn't a thing?
It is. For sluts and cucks.

Polygame in marriage can't be done here, unless we massively reform divorce courts so that women can't get anything out of the man in a case of divorce.
A single wife can ruin your life, as the saying goes. According to most laws the wife has a "right" to 50% of all the shared belongings.

Now, imagine being married to, say, three women. One of them decides to leave you, so you're left with 50% of your previous belongings, to share with three people. Women, being women, will have second thoughts about the marriage where they now only handle a fraction of what they originally had.

Another one of them leaves, according to the law she has a "right" to 50% of the shared belongings, which is 25% from the original.

At this point the remaining husband and wife have almost nothing left for them at all, 25% to share with the both of them. The last wife leaves, and the husband is left with 12.5% of his belongings and paying alimony for THREE women.

There used to be actual beta uprisings. People decided it was best to buy their complacency with homely women.

But it is. Some men have a different woman every night. Marriage died in the 60s/70s.

Explain

>cuck

you're a huge fag

This is what I've found to be true.

Any white guy with a *good* job, straight teeth, height, and decent hygiene, is commanding the attention of 90% of women until he hits 45-50.

Polygamy may not be a legal paradigm but, it's an effective one.

The majority of post-2010 Sup Forums users are not in the minority of men that women pay attention to. In income or other traits.

Nice argument bro zzzzzzzzzzz

Hard to make compelling arguments when you're IQ is that low

*your

I cant even get one girl, how am i supposed to get two?

I would rather have one truly good woman than all the 18-year-old models in the world.

Because unlike women men don't like being one of many. But women can't come to terms with this so they decide it's sexist for men to have more than one wife.

Of course women are perfectly happy being even the 5th wife if their man is wealthy and successful enough. Just look at Hugh Hefner

Women instinctually find men who have had multiple beautiful exes more attractive and they also tend to be more attracted to married men.

Polygamy is the natural solution but women don't know wtf is good for them and polygamy (multiple wives) will never be legal in western countries.

I wouldn't be surprised though if having multiple husbands one day becomes a thing.

>women are the biggest pain-in-the-ass to deal with
>you want two

Wew, lad.

HELLO!
MY NAME IS ELDER PRICE!
AND I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH YOU THE MOST AMAZING BOOK!

hmm really makes you think

men die younger and in greater numbers than women.

easy way to defeat this problem is take all women out of military, take all women out of dangerous jobs (all jobs if I could have my way) and protect them like we used to.

Way more men will die than women in war and unsafe jobs.

Victorious soldiers get to come home to their 3 faithful wives (who don't cheat under penalty of law)

Because for every rich guy/chad who has four wives, there's three guys who can't get laid, ever. Polygamy is not a sustainable model for society.

This is explored in the show Big Love. The family keeps it a secret because regular modern-day mormons oppose polygamy and would persecute them if it was discovered. There is nothing he could actually be charged with (relating to the marriages). Legally, he is simply a man married one woman who has two mistresses and a gaggle of bastard children.

There was also an episode of Rake where he was representing some guy who married women in separate countries.
At some point he notes that if his client had simply cheated and fathered other children without marrying, or even just had one marriage ceremony without legal recognition, then he couldn't be charged with anything (he was rich so he'd supported them all financially).

Just don't marry them, no law against having four girlfriends. Shouldn't be marrying them anyways in modern western legal jurisdictions. Child support is enough, fuck being on the hook for alimony.

>lifeinIndia.jpeg