What does Sup Forums think about r/indieheads?

what does Sup Forums think about r/indieheads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bLl0IAY_eI
rateyourmusic.com/~selib
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never been there, it probably sucks

Their essentials charts are practically indistinguishable from ours. The people I know irl that are regulars there are okay people but always fall for gimmicks and cheap trends in music. A good amount of subreddits that don't have anything to do with politics, opinion wars, or music aren't terrible. If you stay away from really popular stuff that's totally reddit humor or politics it's almost like a Sup Forums thread with better manners, but Sup Forums is better for discussion because it' s more honest and critical here.

I tried to ask for recs there, I asked similar stuff to Tera Melos, they rec me Alexisonfire and Don Caballero, I never went there again

bunch of insufferable cunts who spam the dislike button at anything.

why did you screen cap this post?

probably the guy himself shilling his band

probably a Sup Forumstard

This Liance kid....ugh. He is fucking annoying as hell. Are you him, OP?

Could fuck off with your imaginary boogeyman?

All big pop culture subs are like that.

they have similar taste to Sup Forums but are more insufferable and way more leftist. they post so many anti-drumpf bait threads that have the slightest possible connection to music just so they can rant about some bullshit in their echo chamber

Really fucking annoying and is part of the reason I came here

>imaginary boogeyman
Is this the new way for Sup Forums to do damage control ? I saw that on /tech/ earlier in the day as well. Certainly more believable than "it's only satire dude xDDD" though, I must admit.
In any case, Sup Forums shitting up the rest of Sup Forums is certainly not an "imaginary boogeyman", and if you would have been there before GaymerGate started, you wouldn't use that silly meme.

Anyway, /r/indieheads might be shit, but at least one guy there started a thread about Roy Montgomery last quadruple-album when it came out, which wasn't the case here because you are all fucking plebs.

>way more leftist
is this even possible

this shithole is not as limited as that place. all they talk about is the national, mac demarco, sufjan, lcd soundsystem, the xx, arcade fire, radiohead. every single day. it's madness.
they're normies in denial

I know it's you, James

>but Sup Forums is better for discussion because it' s more honest and critical here
This is bullshit. There are so many baitposts, shitposts, intellectually dishonest posts, waifu posts, racism posts, sexism posts, and general moronic posts lurking around every corner that critical discussion is near impossible at times. You might be confusing insipid cruelty with brutal honesty.

The problem with Reddit is the upvote system; the only posts that can get recognition are the most safe, universally-accepted ones. It just boils down to people posting the same handful of beloved songs and never discussing anything underground or unknown, because they wouldn't get the upvotes to make such conversation possible, since most people aren't going to actually sit down and listen to every link posted. Not to mention they only listen to songs, not albums. I keep coming to Sup Forums despite loathing the userbase because it's a true democracy, every obscure harsh noise cassette gets the same voice as HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD THIS COOL UNDERGROUND BAND CALLED MASTODON??? LET'S GET SOME UPVOTES FOR TRUE ROCK AND ROLL !!!
Don't slander Don Cab

Reddit's non-anonymity requires users to don a mask of politeness and forced adherence to whatever "culture" there is. This is the true dishonesty.
If you can't distinguish shitposts and bait and ignore it (on the most tourist friendly board of all places), you're irredeemable. Sup Forums, in spite of the profound autism it breeds, will always be the superior choice for unbridled truth.

There's a band that plays math rock with a name that's similar to the name Tera Melos, lead singer is really hot. What's their name?

Nvm it's Rolo Tamassi. We did it reddit.

i fucking hate you sara you cunt

More dishonest than hiding behind a mask of anonymity to say shit you would never have the guts to say IRL? This argument is so wrong.

would you be as unequivocal as that if you had a traceable account though? would you say 'this argument is so wrong' or would you rephrase it? which would be the truth?

Nobody is completely honest IRL due to fear of repercussion in the form of negative reception and according social loss.
>hiding behind a mask of anonymity
This frees true beliefs. You have it completely backwards, in what world would people's stifled thoughts, forever influenced by conscious or unconscious desire for peer acceptance, be the "truth"? How many people advocate genuine fascism on Sup Forums then say "Oh, I didn't really like either candidate" when their co-workers ask them about politics?

When you're interested in splitting hairs AFTER you've already taken such a forceful stance then it doesn't really matter. But I would stick with what I already said. I say way more foeceful shit than that on Facebook. Fuck what a Reddit identity might mean for me.

Sup Forums IS more fun though
and honestly it kind of feels more friendly because it's isn't so formal

>I say way more foeceful shit than that on Facebook. Fuck what a Reddit identity might mean for me.
to me that feels like you're posturing behind anonymity, but you could be telling the truth. also i am not the user you were originally talking to.......

>baitposts, shitposts, intellectually dishonest posts
but that's what makes it fun desu. politics and race shit is getting incredibly annoying, but memes are the lifeblood of this place and are what make it unique

If you're only interested in saying what you believe unchallenged in an anonymous format where any criticism of you can be removed from you at the click of a button then you're dishonest, cowardly, and unwilling to engage in discourse in an honest manner where you have a clear respect for the opinions of your opponent. There are different forms of dishonesty, but you're promoting one while condemning another.

>i can't ad hom people AND I DON'T LIKE IT

Oh I actually agree with you completely! But the person I responded to said this was a better place for serious discussions, which is a silly lie or a naive gaffe.

this. she's a virtue signalling sjw cunt.

>dishonest
Explain how
>cowardly
I wouldn't tell my roommate he's a pleb with shit taste, but I still believe it. Anyone being truly honest would be ostracized from society.
>unwilling to engage in discourse in an honest manner where you have a clear respect for the opinions of your opponent
What are you even trying to say here? If you move past the shitposting and engage in an actual discussion on Sup Forums you still have to logically explain your points and understa d the opponent's.
Helps when if you're arguing on a public forum everyone sees you and you look like an autistic freak if your opinions are unpopular; if they're non-PC brigades will try to get you fired from your job and blacklisted.

>I don't like people criticizing me for my beliefs, so I'm going to hide those beliefs from people on an anonymous image board
This is dishonest

>I wouldn't tell people how I really feel because I fear what they might say in response
This is cowardly

You're being craven and dishonest. Good for you.

that's what happens when you're a popular sub reddit though, you attract normies

Finally someone gets it. The problem with Reddit isn't so much the community as the way the site is designed- everything is cylical and unfamiliar content is discouraged. You take a discussion about ANYTHING on Reddit and it will become a circlejerk.

>If you move past the shitposting and engage in an actual discussion on Sup Forums you still have to logically explain your points and understa d the opponent's.
Also, there is next to no actual discussion here. Any time you go on the catalog, you have to actively, exhaustively search out actual discussion. You don't have to do that on IndieHeads because they take time to discuss shit and listen to each other without every thread getting bogged down in memes, insults, and completely off-topic shitposts. This is a recurring thing on Sup Forums, and it's one of the charms of the website. But brutal honesty and level-headed discussion is NOT one of the marks of Sup Forums, even Sup Forums. Don't elevate it beyond what it is just because you like posting here. Every time you see somebody posting extreme opinions, they aren't merely being honest. This is what Nazis say when they're called racists. "Hey, I'm just being honest." No, you're being uncritical of yourself, which is incredibly DIShonest, and attacking people verbally for disagreeing with you. That happens on Sup Forums A LOT, and you're blinding yourself from reality by not recognizing this.

I love posting on here, too, but I'm also not naïve enough to think it's superior to what it really is.

>they take time to discuss shit and listen to each other
They post the shallowest, most meaningless circlejerk comments imaginable because the only thing that matters on Reddit is upvotes and karma. I just visited to confirm this, and every thread is just Pitchfork headlines with a handful of Facebook tier comments. Even the dedicated "discussion" thread is just endless "music for this feel???" faggotry, the same shit that would get 3 replies then 404 here.
>brutal honesty and level-headed discussion is NOT one of the marks of Sup Forums
They are though. Not so much on Sup Forums since as I said this board is full of tumblr shitposters, but other boards have great discourse. The sheer number of users guarantees you'll find knowledgeable people, and on boards where the "culture" is more constructive, the shitposting is superficial at most. On /fit/ for example, I've had excellent conversations about lifting and tfw no gf, complete with people telling me I'm wrong and why, whereas on r/fitness I'd post my mediocre body and get showered in "you look great! someone give this man a cookie XDDD" bullshit which would then get a ton of upvotes for being nice and sterile.
>you're being uncritical of yourself, which is incredibly DIShonest, and attacking people verbally for disagreeing with you
This makes no sense. People act inflammatorily to get discussion going, but if everyone here kept their shitposting and autistic rage on 110% all the time, there would be no discussion.

>continues posting lies
Okay champ.

There’s way more discussion here than on fucking indieheads you meme. All they talk about there is fucking Stufjan Stevens and Beach House

Yeah this. The way people interact here is more like how friends talk to each other irl a lot of the time

don cab is pure shit

it's Sup Forums with more words

>same threads every day
>5 threads about Jesse Lacey being a raper
>K-Pop at the top as usual
>well over a dozen meme threads
>bait galore
>waifus galore
>charts with no discussion at all
>people circle jerking about guitars
Yeah okay.

They're all a bunch of fucking losers. Just like Sup Forumstants. That's what I think.

im a mod there. AMA

no one cares about you, matty.

youtube.com/watch?v=3bLl0IAY_eI

matty has been setting up all these AMAs. he's doing a great job as a mod desu

>he
you're fooling no one

Go on indieheads for a few days and tell me Sup Forums isn’t 10x better. You will cringe your eyes out after the first day. There is discussion on general threads, even Kpop general. Bait and meme threads usually die out in a reasonable amount of time, that’s how Sup Forums works.

I like /r/emo since /emoe/ died (which was natural). They like some crappy shilled stuff (ie. that Fredo Disco guy) but post pretty good emo influenced music most of the time.

i know one of the mods personally and he would always pressure me to send him nudes (i was underage at the time) so i don't really have a good image of indieheads lol
also they all listen to the same stuff and their memes are trash, generally they're nice people irl though (except for the mod i mentioned above)

are you talking about the discord or the actual subreddit?

the actual subreddit

do you have any kind of proof? that's some serious accusation.

if you dont want to talk about this publicly you can PM me on rym or reddit too.

You're a cool guy :)

yeah i would have to dig through my computer for all the old messages though and desu im not like super scarred by it or anything i just chalk it up to him being a scumbag ://

>Sup Forums
>complaining about echo chambers
oh am I laffin

desu* not desu wtf lmao

???!?

fucking this

desu

/thread

soy sentral

lmao welcome to Sup Forums

>he
all mods are trannies

The Redditor is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Newfag and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out"

desu

Lel

No I understand, we just don't want anyone like that on the mod team either.

If you feel like looking for the old messages please do and send a modmail or something. We'll be sure to sort it out internally.

>mfw even letstalkmusic went to shit
i miss the authoritarian mods.

tyranny is a necessary evil

life as a well off college student is so hard guys ;_; normies don't understand my obscure radiohead music.

my money's on T-Rex. dude is a problem.

ehh idk honestly its not a huge deal to me and i would have to restore my old messages from old computer backups since i deleted them from the imessage app itself , its not worth it for me

just say the name faggot

yes it is. you can't just say that and then nope out. that's a serious accusation, user.

if you & other mods really really don't want someone like that on your team and want more info i could go through the computer backups for you but yeah i don't want to start shit without having actual proof to show first

>i don't want to start shit without having actual proof to show first
but that's what you're doing right now!

i mean the pedo fuck could also do the same thing to others

>reading comprehension
they haven't really "started" anything, user

lol no he said no names

saying someone on their mod team is a creep is not nothing idiot

still not starting something. it's just an anonymous post on a Sup Forums thread.

yea that's the reason why we kicked the discord off our sidebar.

again if you decide to go through with this, send us a modmail

i think pedo is a strong word i was 16 not 10

>that's the reason why we kicked the discord off our sidebar
what do you mean?

Yeah true, still, even if you weren't underage it's not okay

if i go through w it can i message you privately instead?? bc if i sent a modmail then he could see it right? sorry dont really know how reddit works lmao

still used their small position of power to try to manipulate you. who's to say they didn't do it with others and is still doing so.

just pm /user/selib

yea you can do that.
either my reddit account or rym works
rateyourmusic.com/~selib

thanks!

ok yeah true

okay let me try to find those messages i'll message you when/if i get them

There are two places you will NEVER get true and honest discussion. 1) Websites where you need an account. 2) Websites that "curate" content. Reddit is both of those things. If you need an account, most people won't state their true feelings. If the site curates content, all opinions against the herd get downvoted until they're never seen again.

I'll take the shitposting. If you've been here more than a month, you should be able to tell what's bait and what isn't.

welp, this is all sad

kys nigger