This movie seems to answer every issue Sup Forums has with the MCU

This movie seems to answer every issue Sup Forums has with the MCU.

Minimum quips. Serious tone. Fantastic visuals. Unique aesthetics. Good acting across the board.

Yet, everyone shits on it. Why is this board so contrarian?

Everyone on this board thinks they're some kind of highly regarded critic. Critics only know how to shit on things.

This is the DESIGNATED board.

>minimum quips
that's like saying it thows the minimum number of glass shards into your eyes

also
> good acting

>wong? what like NIRVANA?
>*theater's "laughter" sign lights up*

Yeah well if it was so good why could my ass hole make a better movie lmfao kys my man

>warped visual effects and blurring make Cumberbatch look even more strange than he did before

This is a kino enthusiast board and Marvel will never achieve capekinography.

>Minimum quips

That Beyonce scene was fucking horrible and we both know it. Poor Benedict Wong, he got the worst brunt of the quips.

>Good acting across the board
Kek no. Tilda gave the only good performance in the film.

I'm not being contrarian, I just found it boring honestly. The visuals were impressive for a while, but the tone/plotting/characterization just felt like pure Marvel formula. I felt like I've seen this movie ten times already. I lost interest about halfway through act 2. Sorry dude it just wasn't that good. It was fine, I didn't dislike it, but it's not gonna be one of my favorite movies

At least that was the only one that fell flat. And don't you dare say that Mister Doctor didn't give you a chuckle.

>5 jokes in a two hour movie with the comic relief character is not allowed
this board is beyond saving

>don't you dare say that Mister Doctor didn't give you a chuckle
Maybe if I hadn't seen it in the trailer I would have.

My problem was with how bad they were, not how many there were. Nolan's Batman films had about as many jokes, but they fit.

>Maybe if I hadn't seen it in the trailer I would have.

That's why I don't watch trailers for movies I know I'm going to see.

I'm not going to stick my fingers in my ears and close my eyes when sitting in the theater and watching the pre-show trailers.

>Minimum quips. Serious tone.
Funny I felt quite the opposite. The overly irreverent attitude and pop culture stuffing was extra cringe.

>Fantastic visuals. Unique aesthetics.
Yes these were very strong, although some of the immediate combat-melee magic looked too generic and uninspired.

>Good acting across the board.
Well it was fine acting for the most part but honestly BC's american accent sounded very wobbly in the first 20 minutes, not sure if I just got more used to it or he got more natural.

>Minimum quips. Serious tone.
Did we watch the same movie? I liked it but these are both very very wrong

>draws out an unfunny joke to showcase how unfunny his character truly is
That's the joke.

There's like 3 pop culture reference, and all the other gags are equivalent of slapstick.

I don't know if I'm getting tired of Marvel movies, but I found Doctor Strange so much less interesting than the last origin movie - Ant-man.

villain was not good, like most marvel movies they are very unmemorable

At least they gave him a little more motivation and fleshed him out more.

The quips were god-awful this time around, even for a Marvel movie. Visuals were great for a movie. Acting was fantastic for a Marvel movie.

>Minimum quips.
>Serious tone
Pls.

How strong is Doctor Strange? I heard nerds say that he was crazy strong, but he doesn't seem much tougher than Captain America or Black Panther.

It was OK, stood out a bit from the rest solely due to the LSD awakening sequence which was really cool, and the inception shit was neat. I liked Dr. Strange being kind of a dick. For a marvel movie it was enjoyable, my only real issue with marvel films is that the villains are always complete shit, how have they not yet learned?

The only large amounts of strength he displayed were when he was abusing the power of an Infinity Gem.

MCU Origin Story Ranking

Iron Man > First Half of Captain America > Ant-man > Doctor Strange >>> Thor > The Incredible Hulk > Second Half of Captain America

When he becomes the Sorcerer Supreme, he basically becomes the most powerful magic user in the world, if not the universe.

Physically, he's as weak as a regular human, but meta physically he's really strong.

Eat my shit mickey mouse shill fuck.

Except the part of not being kiddy shit.

I listen to music on my headphones until the trailers finish.

its my new favorite mcu movie the spiritual/magic elements were done very well and i actually wanna see him in his next stand alone movie

>it seems like they wanted Hugh Lorey to play Strange and imo hed have been a better fit

It even had Mads wearing the mashk and getting captured.

>House M.D. with magic
Would he accidentally call Wong Wilson from time to time?

Hugh Lorey is too old-looking, Strange just has white streaks.

>first scene is a guy screaming in pain and getting decapitated
>Strange's hands are left in horrific condition
>kiddy shit
Just because you spent your childhood murdering animals doesn't mean everyone else did, user.

It's a fucking capeshit kids movie you shit eating fuck.

I like Rachel McAdams

>mop falls

When will you Marvel neckbeards move on from cartoon movies?

Movie felt comfy af. It could have been weirder like a Dr who episode but it was really well done for a blockbuster

Yeah she's cool.

>that's like saying it thows the minimum number of glass shards into your eyes
In what sense? Which great action movie has zero quips? Why would anyone even want that?

It's only a quip if Marvel does it.

Because it's got the emotional depth of a very special episode. Never has a film made less of an impression on me. It's just so utterly bland.

Just because a film isn't dark and edgy that doesn't automatically make it a children's movie.

It's definitely a family movie, which does include kids.

cover your watch

Baneammu I've come here to bargain

Nic I need you to take her of my waifu from now on.

>Yet, everyone shits on it
I've seen mostly praise for it even on Sup Forums, which means it must REALLY be good if I see praise regularly eat through the contrarianism that infests this board. Not to mention all the absolutely butt-devastated comic fanboys that can't stand that the rival label put out a good movie.

I just dislike how Dr Strange himself is rather bland as a character.

All he ever did was whine about his hands and being a doctor, while accidentally becoming the best sorcerer ever.

Bald man from ant man had better story and purpose then muh one hannibal.

Ant man is better then all. Iron man is so bad in second part. But i suspect its due source material and wright influence

Literally the blandest of the films, which is ironic with its wide color pallet

I actually didn't get this. What was the whole Wong Beyonce thing?

>DUDE WIFI PASSWORD LMAO

The joke was Wong had no last name, so he listed off celebrity names that had no last name.

He said modern names because that's the current audience. If it was the 80's he probably would've said Cher.

t. trailerfag that clearly never saw the movie

his main gimmick is being overpowered with magic

he's like Scarlet Witch, wouldn't beat Cap in a fist fight but could otherwise style all over him.