MENTAL BREAKDOWN THREAD

MENTAL BREAKDOWN THREAD

Am I becoming Ted Kaczinski? This afternoon, for about two hours, my world crumbled.

>I was forced to install the latest update on my laptop
>Was trying to print letter I had written to my aunt
>Latest Win10 update deleted my printer drivers and uninstalled my printer
>Couldn't re-establish connection to my wireless printer
>Reset router
>Modified settings (MAC Address Filter)
>Reset computer
>Bought new laptop
>Called internet provider and did factor reset on router
>Reinstalled printer
>Finally printed letter.

In the meantime, however, I had a severe breakdown. Because of the modified router settings, I lost all internet. I smashed things, hurt my hand (by punching my desk), and swore expletives that I dare not repeat.

I now believe that I'm addicted to the internet and have come to despise computers and their automatic updates and internet-reliant security systems. It seems that, at this time, my only option is to become a mountain man.

Am I wrong?

Attached: Proennekecabin.jpg (1200x813, 261K)

It’s pretty sweet, it’s just lonely. Think how hard it is for you a man to leave tech and the world behind, now try bringing a girl along. I’m not deep innawoods, I actually live in a semi large city but my family owns like an acre smack dab in the middle. All my father and I do all summer is chop wood, renovate, fix shit, build stuff out of wood and stone etc. it’s liberating. A whole lot better than going to my insurance job 40 hours a week.

Windows 10 is just broken.

Welcome to Windows 10

Now calm the fuck down and install Linux

Hey I actually do this! Kind of.

It's honestly really, really, really good. I live with my s/o and dog in a cheap house that I bought for 50k. We grow a lot of our food from the acre, plus the chickens. We work menial low-stress jobs, bond, play music, and just... have... a life?

You should do it, OP. It feels fantastic.

I'm with you op. I really can't stand how we're expected to have all these things but they don't even fucking work half the time. The only thing that works great is when your devices sends your data back to Google and then advertises to you immediately. That works absolutely flawlessly without fail 100% of the time.

Oh my! What did that man do with the seven dwarves?

That sounds really nice.

You are ok, OP. The answer is that Windows 10 is a nightmare for network printers.

First, the app for my printer doesn't even work IF DOWNLOADED DIRECTLY FROM THE FUCKING MANUFACTURER'S WEBSITE. I have to use whatever app Windows decides to install automatically. Second, the app only shows toner levels. There is no way to configure anything.
I also had to download an extra scanner app to get the scanner to work.

They are trying to make desktop computers work like tablets and it's only making it worse.

The basis of this existence is that there are nearly limitless possibilities, with nearly endless disappointments.

Switch to Linux. The hell that you endure to get you hardware working will make a man out of you

It is. But my mother is going crazy and my sisters are fucking brain dead addicted to their phones. My fathers getting too old and I’m picking up the slack. I had plans to travel and work abroad, even took a stab at the military but got denied on medical grounds. Now I’m 25 and struggling to maintain this realizing it all might come crashing down if I don’t stick around to keep it going. I feel trapped. Such is life.

Use linux retard

Not interested in women, love, or romance. I just want to read, write, and experience mindless entertainment. Does chopping wood and working with your hands not make you feel deeply content at the end of the day?

I'm too illiterate a user to take that leap...I mean, why can't products be tailored to users anymore? Why do I have to participate in this "everything is online and under one single account/identity forever" lifestyle? Can't I just have a computer that functions how all computers functioned in 2008?

Where do you live that you can get a $50k house with room to grow vegetables?

Wanna hear my true source of rage? After I modified the MAC filter codes on my modem, the internet obviously dropped on my laptops. I had to then use the LTE network on my phone to login to readjust the settings. Everytime I tried to log in? I was forwarded to a google ad for some bullshit that wouldn't let me view the actual login page.

...almost lost two laptops, a printer, AND my cellphone through rage destruction today.

>Am I becoming Ted Kaczinski?
>all that bullshit you wrote
lol. no. Ted is/was actually a decent human being, aside from the bombings. you are a piece of shit.

What makes me a piece of shit? I am struggling to adapt to the modern world and it is driving me into frequent and self-destructive rages.

Most states have houses like that if you're willing to live out of the way. It's just a question of whether or not you want to drive, like, an hour just to get the groceries. Or live in a decaying small town. Or this or that or the third.

I live in North Carolina.

The Linux-Windows Cycle
>uninstall windows
>install linux
>feel great about yourself for being "free"
>use linux for basic stuff
>time passes
>need to do something a little more than internet
>don't know how
>google it
>lots of unhelpful linux threads
>complicated as shit instructions that you follow to the letter
>doesn't work
>repeat
>doesn't work
>repeat
>doesn't work
>repeat
>think: I know how to do this in windows
>repeat
>doesn't work
>repeat
>doesn't work
>lose will to fucking live
>re-install windows
>do the thing you wanted to do originally
>happy with fresh, clean windows install
>use windows
>year later: GOTO 10

It makes me feel great. What's really interesting when you start working with your hands is how you come to the realization that you are very much addicted to your phone and electronics. You'll feel at first this need to go and get it or check it. Don't carry it on you. That being said, humans are social creatures, eventually you will want someone to spend time with, especially someone you can fuck. I'm still trying to find my way in all of this, but working with your hands is definitely better than the rat race.

I literally have $75 000 cash available in like two months. Hypothetically, if I were to buy a property you're speaking of, the mortgage could be paid off immediately and I would only have to worry about utilities and taxes? AND I would get to live in N. Carolina?

I can count on two hands the number of things I use my computer for:

>youtube
>email
>Sup Forums
>netflix (use about once a month, perhaps less)
>Word
>google earth
>online banking
>online investments/cryptos

I feel like these can all be done with the basic functions of a modern computer, without any serious amount of RAM or a large hard drive. Why do I have to suffer under the tyranny of Windows/Google/Apple, etc.?

I agree completely. I have been resisting my entire adult life to keep my life discrete from growing technology. Facebook came out when I was in high school, but I left it five years later. I haven't ever used twitter or instagram or whatever the fuck else exists now. I prefer to leave my phone in the car when going to supper or a movie or whatever. And I've never used more than 200MB of data in a month.

In other words, I think like I would have less difficulty than most distancing myself from the phone. Manual labour, mindless as it may be, is probably healthier than any kind of social media or reliance on electronic technology.