ITT: we settle the debate

ITT: we settle the debate

alien any fucking day

The Thing is the pinnacle of isolation horror so it doesn't matter.

THAT'S NOT THE FUCKING QUESTION

1st half of alien >>>>> aliens > 2nd half of alien

PICK OOOOOOOOONE

Alien is a good horror movie.
Aliens DC is a perfect action movie.

Everybody will pick Alien because they think action is inherently less artful than other genres.

Aliens. Anyone who says that Alien is better is an IMDB-Reddit-loving-seventh-seal-is-definitely-my-favorite-film-faux-patrician.

Objective truth.

Also, they're both God-Tier but it's Aliens.

Olien

This, Alien is much better.

Aliens is James Cameron doing his version of Heinlein's Starship Troopers.

The question is stupid, Alien is isolation horror and Aliens is action horror

Alien is the true patrician choice, but I can see why some people prefer Aliens.

Alien > Aliens

Aliens is great too and although it's different, Alien did nearly everything better.

>Everybody will pick Alien because they think action is inherently less artful than other genres.
No, it's just that in this case the original is better than the sequel.

Alien
18+ board user

This board is 18+. Anyone who genuinely believes that Aliens is a superior film needs to be banned.

ok, alien

Implying anyone under the age of 18 would willingly watch either movie.

>Lol they look so old XD

the first one
but holy shit the 3rd was sooooo much better than the 2nd

Were you so lonely in high school and middle school that you actually believe that? Because, if you had friends, you'd know that isn't remotely true.

If you like horror
>alien

If you like action
>aliens

If you like intellectual bullshit
>alien 3

If you like Joss Whedon
>resurrection

Alien is the superior film, Aliens has more re watchable

No debate to be made.
Alien is the better Film overall.
Aliens is a better Movie.

delete this post

HOW ABOUT

THEY'RE TWO SEPERATE FUCKING MOVIES THAT PERFECTLY COINCIDE WITH EACHOTHER DESPITE BEING DIFFERENT GENRES

As someone who has only seen the first two, is The Assembly Cut worth watching or should I keep my mind pure of anything post Aliens?

I can't decide if I want slutty space trucker Ripley or loving mommy Ripley

Anyone who thinks Aliens is better than Alien instantly becomes a retard in my book.

I know Sup Forums has a boner for Cameron but Alien is literally perfect.

This.

Dont do it user

I think Alien 3 and Resurrection are worth watching just for the sake of watching them. Alien 3 isn't all bad either. It's messy but it's got some neat aspects about it. I'm probably in the minority in thinking the theatrical cut is actually better than the Assembly cut though. Assembly tries to add some depth to the religious nature of the crew and makes Golic a more important character with that subplot but ultimately it amounts to little and just meanders more in my opinion. I'd say watch em, it's not like 3 and Resurrection undo Alien and Aliens.

Alien is better. It's a nearly perfect film.

Alien will always be my pick.

No I'm just old.