Is the era of Monty Python and the Holy Grail being a cornerstone of Nerd Cinema over...

Is the era of Monty Python and the Holy Grail being a cornerstone of Nerd Cinema over? Will it be ignored by the new generation? Will no one under the age of 25 ever again say, "Just a flesh wound!", and most importantly,

would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPGb4STRfKw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good thing.
I used to fantasize about duct taping the mouths of the nerds in my dorm who quoted that shit incessantly.

I'll admit I was one of those kids back in middle school who could practically recite the whole movie. But then again, so could *everyone*, right?
It got way overused in geek culture. You know, for a while you could maybe connect with someone if they could quote some lines, like they were legit nerdy, but then everyone everywhere was quoting it (sometimes inaccurately) because they're such nerds.
It was like the whole "geek-chic" that's happened recently... Damn, I need to go to bed.

Life of Brian is better anyway

>It got way overused in geek culture. You know, for a while you could maybe connect with someone if they could quote some lines, like they were legit nerdy, but then everyone everywhere was quoting it (sometimes inaccurately) because they're such nerds.
>It was like the whole "geek-chic" that's happened recently... Damn, I need to go to bed.
This Tbh

monty python was a reaction to the incredibly stuffy british way of life in the fifties and mid-sixties. if you've ever seen even thirty seconds of "Coronation Street".. it's not a satire. they really were like that. no wonder people went insane.

no wonder the python crew got on tv and started acting like schizophrenics. it was the only sane reaction.

Not really. I didn't even find out the movie existed until I was in high school.

Monthy python has been too tempting to quote and it's been overdone.
It will be refreshing to hear it less.

I don't think it'll be ignored, but there'll be less of it since there'll be more of stuff to draw upon.
Monthy python didn't have as much to compete with.

I WAS ONLY 12 AND I RENTED A MONTY PYTHON dvd FROM THE LIBRARY AND I SAW THE NAKED TITTIES FRO THE FIRST TIME

The funny thing is now I have a lot of historical/cultural education pertaining to the period they are depicting, so I find it funny in a different way, but still not nearly as funny as when I was a kid or even a teenager. I think it's just a "growing up ruins everything" kind of thing. I used to think the witch scene was hilarious.

Life of Brian is better in that it is a funnier commentary on the Roman occupation of Jerusalem and comparing the Jewish Rebellions to the rise of numerous left-wing organizations in the 60s and 70s.

>Where's the fetus going to gestate? Are you gonna keep it in a box?

Society is too openly degenerate for Monty Python to have the same effect with the young generation.

problematic tbqh
also best python joke coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=zPGb4STRfKw

If anything this movie will always live on for latin students and classics majors.

It's a timeless classic that nerds who are now in their 30s and 40s will show to their children. It came out in 1975 and my dad showed it to me when I was 10, 15 years ago. If people were still showing it to their kids 25 years after it came out I think people will continue doing so for at least another 25.

>recently

you mean 2007? almost 10 years ago?

>Is the era of Monty Python and the Holy Grail being a cornerstone of Nerd Cinema over?
Only if something has replaced it. What kid friendly comedies would nerds be showing to their children instead?

I think we need to stop teaching our children that it's okay to think britbongs can be funny. Go back to the basics and show your children Duck Soup and Animal Crackers instead.

But I'm Australian and British comedy resonates with me far more closely than American comedy does.

Shouldn't you be showing your children traditional Australian comedies like Crocodile Dundee and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?

Yeah I saw those too. What's your point? Are you trying to imply that I only ever sat down and watched one single comedy movie with my dad?

Go suck a cock, criminal.

Its overused if you were an idiot who couldnt shut up about it.
For everyone else monty python is a timeless comedy group that you can watch every few years, with every age group.

lmao

Life of Brian = Patrician
Holy Grail = Pleb
Meaning of Life = Contrarian

fact

B8.

It shows its age with every passing day and it's doubtful memster children of today would even get the appeal.

>saying b8 while baiting
i still bite.
its a comedy group from the 70s and 80s. if you arent >40 years old, you were not old enough to see the movies at the start.

this. monty python without the social context is just weird and most stuff actually unfunny. holy grail and life of brian will survive, the rest will be forgotten.

Reddit personified.

>mfw im so contrarian i've never actually seen holy grail

I don't want to discuss something that I actually have a deep personal appreciation for on a board full of teenage faggots that are addicted to memes

Not likely. Mel Brooks is still a cornerstone after all. The best bits of Monty Python will be timeless. Most of their stuff will be forgotten and for good reason. Cleese even says most of the stuff they did was bad, but no one remembers the bad shit they did. They remember the hits. And those get passed on to kids and so on and so forth.

My parents loved Mel Brooks movies. I loved Mel Brooks movies. My niece and nephew love Mel brooks movies and they're 10. lol Good comedy transcends.