This is only impressive if the only genre you listen to is punk

This is only impressive if the only genre you listen to is punk....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_TN3wBL35EI
youtube.com/watch?v=MDhFSPzS-Ys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Focus on the drums.

Wasted quads

beautiful album
horrible opinion
only thing i'm not a fan of on this album are the lyrics except maybe on 'prove it'

The lyrics are great, what are you taking about.

yeah i don't know really i guess i just find them a bit purple at times
but no you are right

Vocalist is terrible.

Yeah he often sings out of tune but he got a prominent voice and a pretty good range so he's not that bad

I've heard the album is technically groundbreaking and it's certainly original but holy fuck I would rather listen to anything else. I really wish I could understand what people found enjoyable in Marquee Moon. I don't find it catchy, melodic, atmospheric, invigorating, mellow, cool, it's not anything - to my ears it's just jerky and bland, shrill, frankly annoying to listen to. Can anyone explain to me what kind of enjoyment they get out of this album? What does it feel like to listen to, for fans?

for me i get similar feelings i get when listening to 'rock' music but with much more textural nuance and complexity, making it a rewarding listen
even the slow songs 'guiding light' and 'torn curtain' do similar things to slow 'rock' songs but with much more depth

>sings out of tune
You don't know what you're talking about

So is it mostly an intellectual exercise? I appreciate complexity and nuance but mostly when it's in service of a particular aesthetic effect. With Television I don't understand what they're aiming for with all of their technical innovation.

It's all to do with musical interplay rather than being particularly innovative or anything.

>So is it mostly an intellectual exercise?
not at all, i don't know how to adequately describe it but i guess the complexity and nuance just makes it a richer listening experience; i also find some of the melodies are just so original and well-pitched. i guess you could consider this over-intellectual but to me it just sounds really colourful and resonant

title track is catchy as fuck what are you on about
dununununununununun
dununununununununun

Nah that's not overly intellectual at all. I'd describe a lot of my favorite music with those terms. I guess I just don't have the ear for it.

You a fug pleb

It's a good album for a Velvet Underground rip off.

Great album. God tier drumming

>all these plebs shitting on Marque Moon

Wow I thought Sup Forums was shit before, but this is a new low

Album has a few songs and the singer isn't that good, The Strokes made this sound way better.

>tfw nobody ever talks about Television's two other albums
Their self titled in 1992 is really good.

>The Strokes made this sound way better

I see no
EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

maybe I should spend more time on it, but when I heard the s/t I had no idea what to make of it since it's so much different than the first two.

Also, I wish the guitars in the Voidoids were more prominent, because I honestly prefer Robert Quine's Ornette Coleman-inspired free jazz guitar to Verlaine or Lloyd, so it's a shame there's not more of it on display.

No Glamour For Willi is my favorite song on the album. It's repetitive but extremely catchy for me at least. Rhyme, Beauty Trip, and This Tune are too subdued for my tastes but they do a good job of being sort of intermissions between the other songs. I love all the other songs. The Rocket and Mars especially.

youtube.com/watch?v=_TN3wBL35EI
youtube.com/watch?v=MDhFSPzS-Ys

Apparently Television had been working on a new album as long ago as 2007 but nothing's come of it still as of recently. I hope they eventually get another album out but I think somewhat recently another member of the band left so I don't know.