What's with you Americans and your obsession with late-night comedians? And comedians in general...

What's with you Americans and your obsession with late-night comedians? And comedians in general? How are they even a thing? For fuck's sake, you literally discuss for MONTHS shit they say. Why do you even watch those morons? The only thing I occasionally check is some random Conan clips on YouTube, and that's only when I stumble upon them. Why are they so important to you? And I'm not just talking to you autists from Sup Forums and other edgy sites, I mean their shitty little skits and tantrums reach millions of clicks on YT.

Do you even have comedians that do, you know - actual comedy? Do you even have non-libshit talk-show hosts?

The worst thing is, you're spreading your disease on the rest of the world, I remember after the first Donald/Hillary campaign, one of my friends literally said "FUCK, I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH JOHN OLIVER WHEN I COME HOME, TO SEE WHAT HE SAYS", and I almost punched him in his teeth. Fucking idiots, all of you.

I hate all of that, as well. And I happen to be an American.

i'm curious, OP, what childhood trauma did you experience that crushed your soul, obliterated your sense of humor and made you incapable of enjoying comedy? was it rape?

>Oliver, Maher, Colbert, Stewart, Kimmel, Fallon etc.
>comedy

Try harder.

come on. we're anons here nobody knows you. tell us what happened to you that comedy triggers you so much. was it rape?

Comedy doesn't trigger me. Those guys are hacks, they're not real comedians.

ah. now i get it. it's the truth that triggers you so much. like the flat-earthers who desperately do not want to hear the truth.

people are just used to it

no one actually likes it. it was just funny often enough that they keep tuning in.

also all neilsen boxes are in permanent care facilities for the mentally retarded.

I think Late Night show are gay and Nosferatu is awesome.

>implying nosferatu is not homosexgay

you're such a clueless little girl

We just went through a presidential election and both stand-up and comedy-talk have been reduced to naked political commentary, so of course they were a topic of conversation.
I grew up watching Letterman and Conan and on rare occasion still check out Norm and Conan, but I don't bother with stand-up at all anymore.

late night tv was an institution in the 60's-80's. It was the main stage of popular cultural relevancy.

it kind of got severly degraded after that when all the classic people retired due to old age

what we see now is the industry milking the vestigaes of a cultural institution for profit.

Hm, thank you for what sounds like best answer.

it's not just an american thing. I'm Canadian, and my family and co-workers are more or less the same.

>it's not just an american thing. I'm Canadian

>I'm Canadian

But you don't count.

maybe OP just don't like political propaganda disguised as comedy?

>millions of clicks on YT.

woooow

>something must be wrong with OP
>everyone else seems to be doing _____, why not us too!
>be one of the sheep
>join the herd

This all sounds good, if you enjoy being herded like livestock.

Americans particularly the Democrat types love being told what to think and feel it's why all these comedians pander to them so hard.

DIGITS

But seriously, I'm Canadian as well, and we are basically the same people, with less idiots though.

They represent the largest arm of traditional televised media, that is, they hold a large audience captive by the once super giant that was T.V.. News networks use to provide the news, and people talked about that with each other; now Talk Shows shove a biased opinion down your throats until you believe it as fact. I guess this past election shows you that not enough Americans are drinking that koolaid.

In an age when we should be the most informed on everything around us, we may just be less informed than ever. People value the opinions of actors and athletes over professionals, and they flock to causes based on over valuing the opinons/persepectives of celeberties. Centralized Social Media is just another tool for mind control.