Stop calling them the greatest band of all time

Daily reminder The Velvet Underground were terrible songwriters and are only remembered for le edgy experimental music (4 chord 18 min song invents noise rock lmao).
Beatles and Beach Boys were objectively better songwriters and actually did smart and interesting experimental music.

this is neo-mu
can we purge the newfags please

They're all good and they all tried to do different things musically
Also, if you're going by number of chords to ascertain what is and what isn't good Tomorrow Never Knows is one chord, but no one in their right mind would call that terrible

>le only four chords
learn music theory

What a pathetic response.

Their lyrics are really deep and sincere though

>She doesn't have the time time, too busy sucking on my ding dong, just like Sister Ray says

This shit rivels Bob Dylan

they may not be the greatest band of all time but you can't deny their influence on modern music, homeboi

to an equally pathetic post

receive the effort you give

None of those bands you mentioned were ever good period. Pop/rock was always shit. Only classical and jazz are good.

I agree with you to a point. I think the Beatles (particularly McCartney) were the best thing to ever happen to rock music.

As far as just 60s rock goes, The Velvet Underground are deserving of all of the respect that they get. BUT, I think The Who and The Beach Boys are just as deserving to be tied for 2nd behind the Beatles.

The Kinks are also an obvious choice also for being held in high regard. But not quite as great as The Velvets, The Who, or the Beach Boys.

It's bullshit like The Rolling Stones that deserve to be forgotten. They are horrible musicians, songwriters, and entertainers. I will never understand how such a shit band is always called 2nd to the Beatles. Even their 70s stuff is totally Spinal Tap tier.

Rollings Stones aren't that bad desu.
They have good albums but i do hate their edgy facade.
They're the Jay Z of rock music.
Good but far from the greatest in their genre.

I think The Who overtakes The Beach Boys and The Velvet Underground by a hair, if only because of how their influence is way broader than TVU; The Who managed to make protoprog and protopunk and the whole thing just worked.

Fucking Sup Forums edgy numale. The Rolling Stones aren't just not a great band they're
>horrible musicians
>horrible songwriters
>horrible entertainers
>Spinal Tap tier

>numale
I bet you don't even like Van Halen, fuckin soyboy.

How am I wrong on any of those points?

Well VU only ripped off from pic posted, and did it slightly better.

What have you got against Spinal Tap?
I'l bet you don't even know who Spinal Tap were supposed to be a parody of.

(Nice dubs)
Van Halen's first three albums are GOAT!
After that the rest of the DLR years are hit or miss. The Van Hagar years are best totally forgotten IMHO.

Saxon and late 70s Sabbath (among references to the Stones, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, and others).

Fair Warning is better than Women and Children First. Diver Down and 1984 are decent albums.

Van Hagar sucks outside of 1 album; For Unlawful Carnel Knowledge (F.U.C.K.)

Well, you're right about the references, but it was actually a parody of Status Quo

I'm not one to argue with Nigel Tufnel, and maybe it wasn't deliberate, but one can dram numerous parallels and comparisons between the fictional band Spinal Tap and the career of Status Quo.

no. leave

Overrated ass band in every way imaginable. Songs range from being literally watered down Beatles/Beach Boys (Sunday Morning) to just really bad takes on minimalism (Venus In Furs, Sister Ray). Like there are some tracks that were probably great for their time like Heroin, but later developments in similar styles of music has made them age like shit. But you know what? A lot of that is subjective in many ways. The truly delusional aspect of the TVU circlejerk on places like Sup Forums, P4K, and RYM is their influence. TVU's influence does not go beyond the suburban middle class white boy indie stuff (some post-punk, indie rock, shoegaze, etc.) Basically the kind of stuff a stereotypical hipster is into. That's it. To think that they are more influential than groups that influenced many more circles of music/much larger circles of music is fucking absurd.

>4 chord 18 min song invents noise rock lmao
literally every song only has 4 chords or less, 6 max you autist, guess you don't play guitar
>Beatles and Beach Boys were objectively better songwriters and actually did smart and interesting experimental music.
10/10 bait made me reply fuck you jew

>literally every song only has 4 chords or less, 6 max you autist, guess you don't play guitar
Wtf I hate rock music

>literally every song only has 4 chords or less
Strawberry Fields Forever by The Beatles has like 10 different chords. God Only Knows by Beach Boys has even more, and some of the Steely Dan tracks has even more. Hell, once we go to something more riff based like metal, the average is always on the higher end even if it's power chords.
>guess you don't play guitar
Oh I do. I just don't play garbage indie rock and shitty takes on pop music.