Why do millennials REFUSE to learn how to play REAL instruments?

Why do millennials REFUSE to learn how to play REAL instruments?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BgfvnFVZ61k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Low-energy

Exactly. Too difficult. Too time consuming.

And anyone who actually picks up a guitar only learns 4 chords and calls themselves a "guitarist"

Playing 4 chords is still more than pressing buttons and lights

What defines a "real instrument"?

nigga in OP isn't even pressing buttons lmao

it doesn't look hip

desu I think more millennials play 'real instruments' than in any previous generation

Snapchat attention span

They couldn't even sit through a whole album

as others have said, too time-consuming is #1 reason.

specifically, too much time for too little payoff. instruments have been "done before" ie it's too hard to come up with good and original compositions on traditional instruments. too hard to stand out and get bitches etc. easier to just make noises on the computer.

Im a millennial and just finished listening to Soundstracks for the Blind is is 2 and half hours.

I know many millennials that play instuments

Why are boomers so obsessed with plucking guitar strings?

Listening to an album over snapchat doesn't count user...

they'll say something about physical objects

> implying plebeian commoners ever had good taste at any point in time
> implying pop/rock was ever good
> not listening to classical instead

neck yourselves plebes

It's not the energy - it's the patience.

As someone who’s learned both
Playing an instrument is like FPS
Making electronic music is like RTS

>Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind
>Snapchat

what? I don't even have snapchat. What are you on about?

a good deal of pop musicians get into the game to get laid. it's always been that way.

>pirate fl studio
>get traktor
>do gigs, get dick wet

>buy squire strat
>bust your ass off trying to get band together
>play one terrible gig
>everyone bails because of high expectations
>maybe get a phone number

which one would you choose if you don't really care about music that deeply and aren't into sports?

who is this?

bw:hd hype

why do stupid old people REFUSE to understand electronic music, to the point that they assume that performing as a DJ is the same as producing music in a DAW?

>muh reel instumontz

>pressing buttons

how are you supposed to snapchat when you are playing a real instrument?

learning to compose electronically is far more time consuming than fiddling around with guitars

at least in the realm of contemporary classical

its joke

expensive and unversatile

I should add that while electronic instruments are also expensive, they can often produce a far larger range of sounds than traditional instruments

its a meme you dippin dot

go to bed gramps

>He doesn't exclusively listen to Tedy Andreas
Get woke, kid

guess I'm not a millennial then

What is a FAKE instrument?

:( i dont even know what this means because i only play the world’s best two video games driving and music

I was born in 1993 and have been a classical violinist for over 13 years

unrelated, how much does she cost?

fuck off, shapiro

I was born in 1996 and play the triangle, bongos, kazoo, maracas, glass bottle, washboard, hand clap, spoons, wind chimes, bell, guitar hero, regular chime, turntable, record, speaker, whistle, slide whistle and train whistle

Fiddling around with guitars? If by that you mean every indie rock/indie pop band playing ukuleles and just strumming chords on Fender Jaguars with capos, then I'd have to agree. Obviously, none of those people learned compositional techniques.

This is the gayest shit I've ever seen in my entire life.. and I've accidentally once stumbled upon my gay father having sex.

Congratulations faggot.. you're gayer than my gay dsd.

Nope

weren't baby boomers the first ones to abandon actual instruments in favor of electronic substitutes?
see stockhausen, cage, different avantgarde movements

I was born in 2011 and I play a mean hand clap.

source of op's vid?

Im a millenial and I can play more instruments than you

Real instruments require sincerity.

but bw is a lot more difficult than any fps
:thinking:

But a CDJ or turntable IS an instrument. the guy in the video just isnt playing it.

you fucking morons know literally nothing about the skills required to DJ because none of you leave the fucking house

-

put on a record-record finished-put on a record, rpt for 3 hours.

youre an idiot

A lot of people say that. lol

What are the skills of being a DJ? I play guitar & its taken me years to consider myself even just a reasonable player.

Being a DJ isn't about musical proficiency. It's about having a huge selection of music, feeling the vibe of the crowd you're playing for and deciding what to play next on the fly. Then you need to match the songs together to create a seamless transition.

>. It's about having a huge selection of music, feeling the vibe of the crowd you're playing for and deciding what to play next on the fly. Then you need to match the songs together to create a seamless transition.
this takes no talent. an ipod on shuffle could do this, retard.

Ah right, desu I know nothing much about it, so its more about feeling than technical stuff.

DJ's are the biggest chinese hoax perpetrated on the amaerican public its not even funny. They are superfluous

I mean turntablism requires a huge amount proficiency and practice.

Basically what this guy is doing: youtube.com/watch?v=BgfvnFVZ61k

But that's not really "regular" DJing.

>that's a key

me also, yfw millenials are also better players than all generations to come before

"discovering truth by building on previous discoveries".

>the look of the guy on the right

They have no talent and songwriting skills so they use macbooks to mash presets together and call themselves musicians

No money because college debts and higher living cost than previous generations ate it all

>Muh victim complex
Man up, pussy

more like babyboomers ate it all

>tfw no tall women to softly dominate you

>softly dominate
what's this new meme

>he doesn't get snapped the hottest new tracks before they hit the market

lmao pleb

Not if you ignore previous generations work and are ignorant of it

>see stockhausen, cage, different avantgarde movements
Oh, how I wish those people abandoned their ukuleles and Fender Jaguars in favor of learning compositional techniques from some of those men.

Oh so basically a whole bunch of wank. Thanks soyboy.

I'm trying to be a DJ and Sup Forums can't stop me. The exposure to more music is just making me stronger.

Well, we can make fun of you for being a lazy fucktard

>
>It's about having a huge selection of music, feeling the vibe of the crowd you're playing for and deciding what to play next on the fly. Then you need to match the songs together to create a seamless transition.
Isn't it more rewarding to experience all of that at a jazz gig perhaps? You can't possibly believe only DJs posses those "skills".

the people who go to jazz gigs and parties are two very different experiences

>unironically using the phrase 'compositional techniques'
You seem like a wanker

>why do stupid old people REFUSE to understand electronic music
You know electronic music has existed since Stockhausen's first experiments in the 50s. It wasn't invented in 2008 or something.

But I'm a millenial and I'm learning the ukelele?

>Eons ago, in the strange time when punks and stoners disagreed about everything except whether disco sucked, rockist sages would complain bitterly about all the ways dance music wasn't alive. It was prefabricated, they charged--mechanical beats and studio thrills stripped of human error, with producers exerting such complete control that the so-called artists were little more than names on a label. More ecumenical souls wanted to deny these insults outright, but unfortunately, there was truth to them. The proof came whenever the latest flash made her or his pitiable attempt to cash in with a personal appearance. These were almost always solo--without label subsidies and concerted image buildup, backing bands were literally insupportable. The norm was a brief set in a club designed for dancing during which the name on the bill attached itself to a body and emoted the words over tracks blasted from a cruddy PA. Soul has-beens and never-wases did what they could to invest this format with whatever audience skills they'd accrued on the usual hodgepodge of small stages. With the younger hitmakers, fans were grateful to be spared actual lip-synching.

You guys do realize that's a photographer bracelet on his wrist and that he's not the DJ. The real DJ even looks at the disrespect of his art with disdain.

Yeah the difference is, playing an instrument involves individual tones that with a required knowledge of theory and careful arrangement, will (hopefully) produce music. In the sort of wankery in OP's video, each button and dial simply alters the track that has already been inputed which is already composed for you.

Obviously thats not to say that all music involving electronics is bad, its just the act of 'DJ-ing' is simply that, playing with disks to alter music that has already been made.

edit: also the reason for this hate is that the guy on the left is a cocky twat who surely doesn't know what he's doing. If the footage was just of the guy on the right, this disrespect would not be had. And im not saying that DJ-ing is bad, its just more of a professional task than a creative process.

>mfw I know 5 chords

Do big words scare you? And of course anyone who attempts to genuinely discuss anything on this sad excuse for a board is a wanker and a pseud.