Wtf?

wtf?

It's shit, but faggots who like the games pretend that it's good because it's not a total disaster. Same deal as Prince of Persia, I guess.

I never played the game but thought it was great.

prince of persia was pleasantly mediocre.

>A-at least it wasn't directed by Uwe Boll, r-right guise!?

You got that wrong my man. People who like the games doesn't like the movie. This film totally missed the point of the games.

>It's shit, but faggots who like the games pretend that it's good
People who like the games hate it though you fucking retard.

First Slient Hill movie is decent.

>2006
>2 hours is considered "overlong runtime"
>2016
>almost everything in theaters is 2h+ now, even the dumbest capeshit or braindead action movies

that's funny

I'm not even sure what you're implying here.

Silent Hill movie wasn't a 20% film. It was well made, some nods to the games, creepy story with a weird ending that fit the series.

Not a 10/10 kino by any stretch, but it wasn't dreadful. The second one with Jon Snow was utter shit though.

It was a solid 7/10 until the ending, which was 2/10 cheese.

Recommend me similar films. It should be a horror but not in a way like something jumps on you unexpectedly, or when something scary is not shown bringing suspense, but rather a dive into a nightmare. It should have beautifully looking nightmarish scenes.

Critics didn´t like because "Dur Hurr! game movie is bad" but as movie is OK, not great but not bad, better than a lot of horror movies with better score on RT.

Jacob´s Ladder

Hellraiser: Inferno feels more like a Sillent Hill movie than a Hellraiser movie

First half was pretty decent, second half was AWFUL, they had no reason to add all that unnecessary story and exposition.

Eraserhead feels so much like a Silent Hill game to me

I don't think anyone thinks it's good. It's more of a guilty pleasure, it gets enough right that if you ignore the shit, the good stuff is spot on to what is most enjoyable about the games: the atmosphere of the empty town.

after warcraft, it's the best vidyakino so far

it was a pretty good horror movie, it had ncie atmosphere and monsters and really kino scenes it was a solid 3.5/5 star movie imo

It's alright but faggots who like the game pretend that it's a total disaster.

At least they tried.

Can someone please explain the ninja cowboys?

>Christophe Gans, the director of the Silent Hill film, felt Harry was more feminine than masculine in nature, leading to his role being replaced with a woman named Rose Da Silva for the movie. Some fans felt it was a sexist decision because it insinuated a father wouldn't care about his child as much as a mother would, but this wasn't Christophe's intention. Instead, Christophe felt that Harry fainting, talking to himself and being vulnerable wasn't very "masculine". In addition, Christophe wanted the film's theme to be about motherhood and matriarchy, which would have been difficult to achieve with a male lead. Of note, Revelation turns Rose's husband Chris into Harry.

tl;dr: The director is a retard.

God what a fucking faggot, we could've had great Sean Bean horror, he maybe could've salvaged the last half of the film but nope.

weird shit for the sake of weird

The soundtrack is good at least, since it's all Yamaoka from the first four games.

At least they were smart enough to do that. Hopefully The Sandman will be good.

The girl from Dark Matters is in it. She was such a cute kid.

I've seen Jacob's Ladder and Eraserhead. Will take a look at Hellraiser. Thanks.

I think it's good. Very atmospheric. Yes sure certain aspects are messed, but it's one of my favorites, and I'm not a fan of the game.

That pissed me off because i wanted more music from him.

It was fun when I was 13. Probably doesn't hold up though.

Yamaoka contributed all the way till Shattered Memories. I think he would've continued but he works permanently at Grasshopper games, now.

He was the last of the original team to continue working on Silent Hill, I think.

bump

I always thought the reasoning for not making harry the protagonist of the movie was stupid as fuck

What was it again? Audiences wouldn't believe a father would be so determined to find his child like a mother would?

This movie might be good if there was version that just had the isolated score playing

Gans has a great eye for visuals but its clear English isn't his first language, every time someone opened their mouth I wanted to kill myself. Laurie Holden gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen in my entire life, even ten years later I remember just how fucking awful she was and that's on Gans.

I really wanted to love this because I love Brotherhood of the Wolf but English is not Gans' forte.

Opinions on The Tenant, Sup Forums? I want what this guy is looking for, but I've already seen the films recommended to him.

yeah, that