Can Sup Forums get Spiderland into the National Recording Registry?

I've posted this the last couple days but I'm posting again in case there's anyone who didn't see it that would like to support.

The National Recording Registry is a program run by the Library Of Congress to make a list of recordings that are "culturally, historically, or aesthetically important, and/or inform or reflect life in the United States." The recordings are then preserved for future generations.

They accept nominations from the public and in fact the number of nominations a recording receives are a very important part of the process in selecting what recordings are preserved.

If everyone on Sup Forums nominated Spiderland do you think we could get it preserved?

Link to the site to nominate.
research.net/r/national-recording-registry-nominations-2017

If you nominate Spiderland or just support the idea please bump the thread so others will see.

Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

loc.gov/programs/national-recording-preservation-board/recording-registry/nominate/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump hump for fag op

Yes! Another one!

i think they probably have a few other things they should get to before spiderland t b h.

i mean there are no son house recordings, or a single recording of a charles ives piece.

when some of you fuckers get autismal about a single thing, you really keep beating at that horse
fugg off

i mean as long as stuff is being added it doesn't matter too much what the order is. if i'm not mistaken TMR is in the registry (although i'd say that record adheres to the rules for entry a little better)

Doing god's work OP

That would be dumb

It should be Loveless

Are you going to post yet another one after this one 404s?

It should really be ITAOTS and you all know it

why not both my dude
you can submit up 2 fifty

this is the most amazing targeted phishing racket i've ever seen, good job op

What about this one?

a week ago this honestly would've had a good chance of being added with enough support

If you wanna try getting a Sup Forums album inducted, you should probably pick one that'd belong there a bit more

Endtroducing or Loveless would be a better pick

How is this significant other than you liking it?

i also like it

I do too, doesn't mean it's significant enough for that

doesnt mean its not

Every day. The more that nominate the more likely it is to get in.

I'm not phishing. That's the site the library of congress uses to solicite nominations.
loc.gov/programs/national-recording-preservation-board/recording-registry/nominate/
It's linked from there.

I know! I don't know why but I was excited to see another These make me laugh for some reason.

just do it

There are dozens of albums that deserve to be on there before Spiderland should get a place

nominate them then

So I just realized... Fleetwood Mac - Rumours isn't in the library

I think this is honestly what we should be voting for to be inducted. It's completely deserving

so fucking vote for it then. you can vote for up to 50 recordings

I did. You can too

get out of the house more

Not him.
But Kys.

are you dumb

>hey guys lets do X!
>uh bruh, like, you know, we could do Z instead! cus its like contrarian and stuff

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

The album is a timeless classic, with a wide blanket of artists following them that cite the album as a major influence, as well as many who would go as far as to call it one of the greatest albums ever made. The album's use of vocal harmonies, seamlessly interchanging between their three vocalists from track to track, is a perfect demonstration of pop vocal at its finest. With stellar production and a wide range of influence on the world, it's perfectly deserving of a spot in the National Recording Registry's library

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

The album has sold a monstrous 30 million copies worldwide, being the highest selling debut album by any band in the history of the music industry. A wide surge of influence has been pointed towards this band, with their perfect balance in combining hip hop themes with harder, metal structures. This album's influence has not only spread towards rock music, being seen as the cornerstone to nu-metal's reign over the 2000s, but it's also had a relevant impact on the internet. Subcultures from websites such as Newgrounds and YouTube have often included music from this album in their videos; videos which in turn were part of other subcultures that owe eternal thanks to this album's existence. With the recent passing of Chester Bennington to boot, this album would be a welcomed addition, as well as a non-rivaled one, in the National Recording Registry. There aren't any albums other than Metallica's "Master Of Puppets" representing metal. This one would be the next great example to show the wide range of styles and variety metal has to offer

1/3

Daft Punk - Discovery

While their previous album, Homework, brought attention to the french house genre to the public, the success of Discovery brought french house to the attention of the world, with several of the album's singles charting high upon their release, while still being recognized in households today. With the release of Discovery, Daft Punk simultaneously introduced the world to their now iconic getup; their robot helmets. Helmets that had started a trend among popular music. While some rock artists, such as The Residents and KISS, have had stage presences themselves, there had never really been one for the electronic scene; many DJs and producers eventually feeling inclined to become masked musicians themselves, following Daft Punk's model and popularity. Many artists, such as Deadmau5, Marshmallo, Blank Banshee and Danger, have taken after Daft Punk's choice of wearing masks while performing and attending events, either as a means of hiding their identity, or simply having a fun stage presence. The release of this album, while also spreading that influence to the various sub-scenes that are around in the world of DJs and electronic musicians, came subsequently accompanied with an Japanese-animated feature film, using this entire album as the soundtrack to the entire film, while also serving as the only audio in the entire movie. A masterpiece of a film that would otherwise have not existed without this album. With the album's brilliant usage of sampling, many of them still being newly found and discovered by listeners to this day, the album is also a perfect example of how to make wonderful usage of sampling techniques; blending them to such a degree, they barely even sound like samples anymore.

2/3

>Linkin Park

With the album having spread influence across all of America, Japan, Europe, and many other regions alike, Daft Punk has become a household name. They are the group people think of whenever someone mentions DJs, or electronic music, or house music; sometimes, even music in general. They are the ones people think of whenever the term "masked musician" is used. Their image is iconic. Their music is iconic. This album is the one that solidified both their image and their sound, as well as the one that broke open a new gate into the world of electronic music, and popular music in general. It's a national treasure. It deserves preservation in the National Recording Registry

3/3

I don't care if anyone disagrees. Those were my submissions. Copy and paste those if you want any of those albums in the library, or just write something fresh yourself. I feel they've made a major impact on music and pop culture in several ways. Spiderland's a good album, but I don't think it's done as much as Rumours, Hybrid Theory or Discovery

As big of a meme as some see them as, you can't deny how absolutely astronomical it is for a band's debut album to have sold over 30 million copies. They've made a crater sized impact on the music industry, for better or for worse, whether you like it or not

Can we try to get Soundtracks for the Blind on there too? It's a pretty important piece

Pretty important? Why, my friend, it's hella fucking epic!

As much as I love this album, I don't think it'd get added

Donuts when?

Fuckin losers have such a hard on for this album its laughable. I like this record too but calm down, jesus.

I feel you but honestly the odds of any one thing from Sup Forums getting into something like the Library of Congress are better if it's Sup Forums being super autismal about that one singular thing and sticking to it. If it has to be anything that this is happening for I'm very cool with it being for Spiderland, at least.

>wanting Linking Park to get in

Fuck off and fuck off hard.

Cry harder. It's an important album