If time travel is possible...

if time travel is possible, the image of George Washington on the $1 will be changed to a pic of doge on the last day of 2018

Attached: G.gif (500x500, 1.54M)

If time travel is possible, where are all the time travelers?

why doge though

If time travel is possible, the grinch will appear behind your chair.

everywhere
because this is Sup Forums, you want sum tin else?
be careful wat u wish for

If it was possible than it wouldn't be possible because paradox

Time travelers are too busy.

y is the word possible in the word impossible though?

it is possible, you twats. how do you think time moves forward at all? it's related to your movement in space.

because you can only go forward

yo somebody time travel and get me this, thanks in advanced.

Attached: DT0sc3WWsAASUVp.jpg (642x960, 42K)

Depends on the Time Travel Theory. If you combine the many worlds theory with time Travel, it works.

Basically, you wouldn't travel back in time to >our< past, but to an alternate dimension/world, and change stuff. there. We wouldn't have any difference, because he didn't change our dimension/world.
This would also solve any paradox we might encounter, since the changed world and the world where the idea of changing the past originated is never the same. On the other hand, this also means we would never be able to change our very own past.

It would be very likely though that other time travellers from different dimensions/worlds changed our world regularly. Of course, we'd never realize it, since everything would be normal for us.
Now, where is my green tophat, i have to thank our irish emperors for being alive....

Isn't there a theory that says when the universe quits expanding, it will collapse in on it's self, reversing time as it moves inwards back towards the theorized 'big bang'?

2015 called and wants their meme back.

yes. what about it?

Meaning that eventually, going back in time would be possible? Would you be able to move further back in time than the rate it'd be going at with the same way you'd move further in time?

It would be possible though to go back to the original timeline...

no. the expansion and contraction of space doesn't mean that time goes forward and backwards. it means everything in space becomes evenly spaced until it then starts to contract into a singularity again. you'd still experience time as if it was going forward.

What happens when the 'big bang' collapses in on itself? Does it inflate the opposite way, or just expand the same direction it did last time?

no one knows, but at least one theory says it expands again. i don't really know what it means to expand in the same direction because presumably direction is a characteristic of being inside the universe. direction is a characteristic of three dimensional space which may only be in the universe, but maybe not outside it.

I'm most likely wrong, but I see the universe as a balloon that expands. What I mean expending in the other direction is that if it collapses, goes back into the big bang, does it reverse it's self? Like you pull the inside of the balloon outwards and it's on the other side.

I drew a picture to explain a little better.
I believe entering the big bang is the way to travel to different universes/dimensions if it were possible to get through the radiation field.

Attached: IMG_20180314_160403.jpg (400x580, 42K)

i have no idea. i don't think any astrophysicists would make any strong claims either way. it's hard for us to even imagine something outside of time and space. how i understand it is that there is no direction outside space, so it would be more like a balloon expanding and contracting from the center, a bit like breathing.

>I believe entering the big bang is the way to travel to different universes/dimensions if it were possible to get through the radiation field.
maybe, but once you're a singularity you're very dead. it's all of time and space crunched into one little dot. maybe that would lead to other dimensions, or maybe the next big bang will create a universe with completely different rules.

I just like trying to figure out the end game of space and what it's about. What is the point of all this non sense that doesn't make sense and goes beyond anything we comprehend? Why does anything do anything? Are we just the cell in another being's body? The conscious of a being?
Space exploration fascinates me. Pretty much the only reason why I haven't killed myself yet is because I want to see the success of humans exploring space. Makes me sad to see NASA's budget constantly getting smaller and smaller.

Time travel is not possible. What happens happens. Now is it possible to travel outside of our universe. Say we are in a white hole that's in a black hole in a larger universe (big bang was once a singularity that is now "bouncing" back toward The event horizon of The black hole). The white hole is expanding at or faster than the speed of light so we would need to exceed that or overcome the black holes gravitational pull to come out of the other side. If we do, we would likely get crushed back into our white hole by the black hole or if we manage to escape to the point of reaching the event horizon, we would likely be destroyed by or become what's orbiting the black hole