What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/tv/pitch/s01/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Americans don't care about black people or women

just look at what lebron said, being black in america is hardest life in the world.

>america

Women outside the kitchen are a joke and Americans are insecure about black people.

Too unrealistic honestly. Completely unbelievable that a woman who is like 105 pounds could ever be in the MLB. Queen Letifah would have been a better fit

It turns out in private not so many people care about identity politics.

Should've made her a knuckleball throwing GOAT. But no, apparently she was a flamethrower.

>black people

Why did this garbage propaganda show fail?

>watch american sports
>filled with IRL supermen in beast mode
>see ads
>filled with mythical strongwomyn and cgi shit
I think they're just trying to break people's minds or something.

It really is. Never watched a second but it came off as being way too tryhard to push a horribly unbelievable scenario to push a barely veiled agenda. That and how wildly popular Empire got with blacks they maybe thought they could just trot a nog out on TV and get big ratings.

whats it about?

I'm guessing it's about "le strong le black le women, girlpower"?

>hot light skin in white sport not getting the bwc in the lockroom showers
The writers had 1 job.

high fantasy tv shows dont last long

I would've seen Ginny Baker as 6'4 180 pound Knuckleballer with reasonable velocity, despite the fact it eliminates all pitch psychology. Would've been more reasonable from a talent perspective, and it would've given that who-gives-a-shit Catcher guy some more vital importance. Imagine him being a 'end of his rope' scarred vet trying to hang on for another year or two and being told the only reason you're still in the majors is to catch knucklers from a girl. That would make the animosity a season-long progression rather than a quick flavoring for a couple of episodes that turns into a romantic sub-plot.

Even better, have Ginny Baker fight through the Minors first straight from High School. Tell me having her work from the ground up wouldn't drive up interest.

baseball fans aren't retarded SJWs

they were better off making this for the NBA or something

That sounds like a decent show. Someone should make it.

>blacks don't play or care about baseball for the most part
>no one who has played or cares about the sport finds the premise believable in any way
A recipe for success.

Or baseball

pick one

>baseball
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'd actually watch something like this

racism in America. basically. would have won multiple emmys desu.

she didn't show her tits

wait did this show already happen or is it for this september

already happened and got canceled
it was pretty largely advertised but nobody bought into it

Weren't the critics good?

rottentomatoes.com/tv/pitch/s01/

I hate to pull a Sup Forums move but,
>((((critics))))

Critics only care about whether a show panders to their personal biases. Quality doesn't matter any more for their "critiques".

1) It was built to sell the pilot, not to be a long running show. There's a twist at the end of the pilot, OMG WE SHOULD WATCH NEXT WEEK, but then nothing interesting happened for the next three episodes so I stopped watching.
2) She was called up by the NL, but there was not one single instance of her taking an at-bat. So the creators don't even understand baseball.
3) We need something positive right now, and this was a show about how all the dudes were shitty to her.
4) Fox

Glad I could help.

>but the critics don't care about MY personal biases
Are you 12

I can still agree with their politics and think it's fucking stupid that they're the sole focus of their analysis of the work while shafting all actual relevant metrics of quality you fucking child.

Well the premise of the show is totally unbelievable for one thats supposed to be grounded in reality so that might've hurt it

Were there actually any scenes playing baseball? Or was it all animated head shots of her throwing the ball and the rest of it outside the game promoting "le gurlpower!"

No idea what the image is about.
A black woman will play in US baseball league?

Excuse me, Cavani, but that is a QUEEN.

>gets COLONIZED by white player
gee i wonder

could you explain me why she is a queen?

all of this

didn't watch one second of this show but i would guess all of the antagonists in this story were evil white men

just make her play outfield and catch pop flys all day

Shit channel

she wouldn't be able to throw 100+ to the infeild like most decent outfielders can

>Some user on spee comes up with better stuff than pro writers on tv.

WE
WUZ
KANGZ

Having her work from the ground up wouldn't drive up interest

>show is supposed to be feminists
>she actually sucks and cracks under pressure and demands to be taken out in her first game

???

I can't think of any TV shows about sports that were successful. Add bad writing to it and I don't really think it matters if she was black or female, since other shows have black females in a lead role and they work quite well.

manny made a career of not being able to throw in the outfield

Wtf, this actually sounds great

and maybe some flashbacks to the high school locker room, yeah this could work

Manny was a slugger though, he more than made up for it with his batting
Sincerely doubt a chick could do that

Being black in Brasil is way worse

Go back to apehoop, DaQuan

So a film about a tranny freak? Yeah great stuff.

Who's this show even biggest demographic target?

Know your audience

I'll give fox a break cause Gotham is surprisingly fun to watch

i don't think this ever was actually on tv

Not enough people care about women in sports. No matter how hard ESPN tries to push the WNBA and all that shit, no one will ever care. If universities weren't engrained into our culture and no small markets, then the same would be said for collegiate sports compared to professional. People want to see the better product and watching women "try" at anything where they aren't wearing revealing clothes like in volleyball then no one gives a fuck...at least when it comes to major US sports like football, baseball, basketball, ect.

Should have been a movie and she should be getting gangbanged by her teammates. I'd definitely watch that

Friday Night Lights was very successful.

>Coach in the premier commercials for it literally says "it's 2016"

the main character's name should have been Ginni Goldberg

This.