ITT: Albums and the settings they evoke

ITT: Albums and the settings they evoke.
I’ll start: a semi-rural bowling alley

i always thought of it as a parking lot somewhere illuminated almost only by neon lights

driving at night in the rain.

that’s pretty accurate

a labyrinth of mirrors in the sky as the weather shifts dramatically

Somewhere in urban Illinois during the 2008 Housing Market crash

Haunted house

the disco

Friday alone in your dark apartment. Your neighbors are throwing a party but you are never invited, so you listen to their music and conversation through the walls.

A Dust Bowl brothel.

Driving though the city at night just after something life-changing has happened

Holed up in a comfy furnished basement during the winter

fuck 4got image

Forgot image also

A basic ideal beach, but you've lived there a lifetime and have seen about everything happen on it.

In a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife

A dark room in a retirement home that's just an old man staring out a window with the blinds down while this is playing on an old broken radio.

A bottom apartment in an already trashy apartment complex

An over industrialized cyberpunk South Africa.

a jazz club where the band is desperately trying to finish their set despite the place being raided by the japanese secret police

late nights on road trips

a place between time and space

haunted abandoned nursing home

a slowly decaying house that you vaguely recognize as similar in floorplan to the one you grew up in

Everything about this album terrifies me. The concept, song titles... all of it.

chicago in the year 3000

A Skype call with a 15-year-old.

gay bar in space

'just what i needed' was actually used beautifully in a scene set in a rural bowling alley. it's one of the first few scenes of the film 'boys don't cry'. great use of music all throughout

no, it was a roller rink. but even so

arriving at a large city, preparing to meet someone you loved that you haven't seen in years but still have strong feelings for

louis ck's hotel room

In a well kept house in a Podunk town in Texas with a population of 15 people. The only non-residential buildings are a church and an auto shop, and about 3 ranches and/or farms. There's also train tracks about 2-3 miles away where you can occasionally see and hear a train in the distance. Sitting on the porch, holding a rifle is optional.

accurate

jesse lacey's green room

A college party for artsy kids where all the girls are dressed like Mac Demarco and everyone thinks smoking cigarettes is cool.

Standing outside a club in Paris, smoking a cigarette underneath an awning as it rains, the bass of the music in the club still audible.

A very cloudy and cold rainy day in tokyo with cool powerlines and people walking with umbrellas.

Obvious but London during the night

a beautiful, futuristic looking nursery in 2260 London, far above the clouds

A biker bar out in the desert in the middle of the night

>not in a McDonalds

kys weeb

Sitting in a windowed alcove looking out into the rain with a literary qt in your arms, talking about your day, drinking hot tea.

>Friday alone in your dark apartment. Your neighbors are throwing a party but you are never invited, so you listen to their music and conversation through the walls.
name pls

Late night urban Europe. Lots of neon glare in the rain.

>It's 3000 AD and the Muslim caliphate has successfully conquered the entire world. You enter inside the cyborg caliph's cryptomansion where beautiful robo-bellydancers smoke electric hookahs and dance dances of a forgetten age 1000's of years ago. Man and machine alike converse in neo-Arabic with brain-wave readers on their holographic mega phones. The cacophonous party roars on until it's stopped by a call to prayer and the entire world faces to Mecca and plants their forehead on the ground.

shit for 7 years i thought she was wearing a big brim hat

on an old boat in the middle of the ocean going through a storm

Bank heist on a multitude of drugs in San Andreas

an airport

imagine...you're at a film

I tought on going to the disco or maybe buying some milkshakes

Downtown in a city at noon, with tall, reflective glass buildings and older baroque-looking ones all around

In the bedroom with your first love

kek

accurate

>Looking out the window of a quiet train car onto the endless snowy countryside
>You pass by countless farms and rural towns as you go
>You like to admire the buildings and the people and imagine what life is like there
>The snowy rooftops and pale faces all blend together before long, but it's okay
>The soft tremor of motion beneath you is comfort enough, at least for now

Ritual at the middle of the forest

GOAT setting for the GOAT album

bump

>A very cloudy and cold rainy day in BRISTOL with cool powerlines and people walking with umbrellas.
ftfy bossman

A very cramped, sweaty Pottery class with no AC

accurate

the accuracy holy shit

>trapped in an arcade for album pictured

Riding public transport to work at 5 in the morning during winter. Surrounded by other people, in complete silence.

I want to live in this world

Driving in a foggy night

late summer afternoon in a small seaside town

Quebec

Here, There and Everywhere

Surveying the damage after Hurricane Katrina

A party

I always pictured myself at the edge of a Japanese forest that borders a highway connected to a sea that overloooks a big Japanese city.

My non-existent Japanese mom's basement

A pound.

A cold, kinda quiet night in a big city.

A shitty apartment in a soon to be rust belt city in the midwest or New England

Sitting in your shitty flat that still looks dirty despite the fact you clean it everyday and staring out the window and watching the rain at 10:00pm

What album is it?

Holy fuck, these are good

A park in the summer

>warm quiet summer night
>Small empty kitchen with faded yellow linoleum floor
>Wide open window
>Hardware and tools laying on a fold out tin table.
>Can hear a mix of crickets and traffic in the distance.

>Swans - Greed
The basement of an apartment building, with one light in the center.
>Neutral Milk Hotel - ITAOTS
Summer Alaska, 1900, three days after a carnival.
>Red House Painters - Down Colorful Hill
The waiting room before a doctor’s appointment, at 4:00 in the afternoon.

The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond This World

nice thread

in a cold winter night, you're feeling sad, so you call some friends you haven't seen a while to have some fun in the city. they leave you, you get drunk and go home, where the depression kicks again.

kek

A fun early-90's party in a studio apartment where there's an abundance of good weed and drink.

for me its having fun on a drunk winter night

listening to this album drunk during winter was probably one of my last good memories

back of the night bus during the rain, innit m8

wearing a big hoodie on your sofa, sweating and feverish, trying to order mexican food over the phone

A Gothic Medieval town with a huge cathedral in it

Wandering around a dark, vaguely post-apocalyptic rust-belt city while in the midst of a nightmarish drug binge.

Weird circus at night

This feels like being on a fishing of the coast of New Jersey

meant fishing boat

A rocky, grey desert with a huge ruined Greco-Roman temple made of green granite with a giant portal in the middle of the ruins

Accurate

losing your mind in the desert after years of drug use

wonderful album called "if you click the triangle at the top of any post there's a reverse image search already embedded there"

A rundown shack in west Texas, early '90s. The sun is setting.

desert? more like a corn field

A snowed in apartment block somewhere in the Russian Far East.

Pic related sounds like slowly being ferried down the River Styx.
I always thought this one felt like coming down off a heroin high in a trashed flat, surrounded by other junkies, graffitied walls, and dirty mattresses on the floor.

part 1 is the prelude to a big storm. just light rain for hours. part 3 is the eye of the hurricane storming over your house destroying everything in its path and flooding your small town. part 4 is the early hours of the next day, there are still gusts of wind and rain but they are slowly dissipating as you walk around town to observe the wreckage left