politics.caijing.com.cn/20170619/4287073.shtml
ctext.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratna_Vajra_Rinpoche
people.com.cn/GB/guandian/8213/40408/40412/2983578.html》
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is a Colombian thread now.

Let's talk about donkeys.

hahaha lol hihiihihi heeeee hehe heeeeeeeue

hi my mongol bro. care to tell me what this song is about(at least the diva part)
youtube.com/watch?v=2pzUd10z7WE

does this make you angry peru?

youtube.com/watch?v=Mej3v6LCnXs&feature=youtu.be

Are you 2D?

lol, didnt watch

二不起 二不起

《人口隐形危机:逾50%农村幼儿认知滞后》
politics.caijing.com.cn/20170619/4287073.shtml

PISA BTFO!

so white it blinds my eyes

Is it terrifying that he's probably not even kidding

你是不是又在刷A岛了

>when 2D becomes scary
我现在只能躲了,不敢去B站,当忠诚的ac党员
Of course he or she's not kidding
Those 2Ds indeed have some weird sense of loyalty towards 2D
我不是我没有

no because the link doesn't work

sorry forgot there are regional restrict due to copyright issue

Thoughts on Otto Warmbier?

Victim of an evil regime

his bad for going to nk
but still feels bad for him because he just wanted that kim jung un poster so much

over-privileged white boi who shouldn't expect that privilege to carry over whilst travelling overseas

You chink subhumans go around defacing and vandalizing tourist sights across the world and act like you own the place, so I wouldn't talk

I'm white ffs

>chink subhuman
not so fast, my countryman.

why is there like 4 fucking /sino/ generals in 2 hours

>他不是二次元
Absolutely disgusting. No more 3DPD posters are allowed below this post.

Not to be rude, but it's the "fault" of the Spanish and the German poster.
They essentially spam news articles and "oh wow shocking" pictures.
The Spanish guy is better at it. He seems to know what he is doing.

from now on anyone except for 2D Brahman animu poster are not allowed in dis threado

China is taking over

asian century

Whity btfo

Agleed

This is nao a waifu claiming thread

3DFAGS OUT!!!

mai waifu

How long does it take a Japanese native speaker to learn Chinese like someone who is deaf and dumb (so he would only learn how to read and write)?

What is this thread's take on Chinese girltoes?

Have studied for 7years but I can't express fluently
Perhaps I'm really a retard

define "learn"
do you have to be able to understand classical chinese? How bout the pseudoclassical literary chinese that is actually used frequently? Do you need to have native level vocabulary and write like a native?

If you expect them to be actually good at reading and writing it's still gonna take a few thousand hours. It's the language knowledge, the knowledge of what you say in what situation and how you say it, that takes the most time.

That you should end your own miserable existence already.

People with hearing impairments learn language differently, so this is a poor analogy, but to answer your question, shorter than you'd think; a lot of Chinese literacy is dependant on memorisation of characters, which in the case of Japanese is not so difficult (due to overlap of terminology and Kanji's common origin with Hanzi). Exactly how long however, it'd be hard to say (also as others have suggested, it's down to exactly what level of fluency you're indexing against)

That's not related to the question at all

But you should still kill yourself for all the dumb and distasteful shit you post.

dude stop baitposting already

>ask a sino related question
>"stop baitposting"

wow
JUST wow

>shovels his fetish into everything
>"but muh it's sino related"
Just how retarded can a german be?

Could be worse. I had French for a bit more than 7 years in school and I can't understand anyone and can't read anything.

>Why learn to write?
I'm speaking from experience here, but long story short: your brain reacts differently to active and passive activities. Writing characters forces you to break them apart more than recognizing them and makes you look at them more analytically, which becomes useful down the road once there are many characters that are superficially similar. From what I saw, the "I don't need to write" crowd usually ended up plateauing at pre-intermediate and had a harder time retaining and acquiring new vocabulary. This is especially true as you venture into more advanced that is more 文 and less 白, when the amount of homophones, shortened references, a vast amount of new vocabulary usually made from compounds of characters that should be familiar, etc. makes phonetics less and less important and writing more and more important (Chinese themselves often resort to characters to clarify some things when speaking).

Moreover, those skills do not really compete. If you're serious about learning you will have time to perfect the four skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) and the synergy between them will help you big time down the road. Most adult Chinese don't handwrite BUT they already did that work when they were young. Chinese is one of the few languages where there is a significant faction among learners who insist on wanting to be illiterates, which is folly in a semi-artificial 半文半白 language like putonghua.

women weishenme hai huozhe /sino/

As long as they don't have any hairs growing out of them and the nails are pedicured, succ away my friend

I hate pinyin

Any reason in particular?

because I don't know it

it's just like 符号, except with letters

My one gripe when travelling in Taiwan is all the 地名 are in 繁体字 (which occasionally includes characters I don't know) and unreadable English (Kaosiung → 高雄, Hsinchu → 新村)

then learn it ww

stop encouraging him kek

>unreadable English
It's a bastardized version of Wade-Giles, without the diacritics that made it readable. It's even more useless nowadays because nobody studies WG anymore.

it's actually 新竹 and yeah even I get confused by the strange english sometimes

Wouldn't it be expensive to replace all the signs?

my pinyin arent that great since i came from hokkien background

I came across a lot of chink girls in China with hairs on their toes or nasty or subpar nails. Seriously what's the deal with that

But hsk6 is only b2 lol

I don't hate it, it just infuriates me.

Not if done gradually. DPP administrations have wasted a lot of money on changing signs to Tongyong Pinyin, which is an abortion from the CSB era. Likewise some blue districts changed signs to Hanyu Pinyin under the Ma administration. The problem isn't a lack of money, it's a lack of seriousness

lulz, I wonder where he got that from

>tongyong
Literally just special snowflake autism

yinwei women yao yiyin cao zhipianren, wode malaixiya pengyou

Thanks for your reply 墨声哥!I think one of the main things I regret from when I started learning is not learning writing. The upside is I can type very fast, but it's a trade-off for occasionally misremembering terms ( case in point). I don't feel I've struggled with character memorisation though, and haven't had any issues with compounding, although it's hard to know without something to compare to.

The one main thing I have struggled with however is remembering the pronunciation of individual characters outside of the compounds I learn them in, for example I might mispronounce 绝望 as jù wàng due to 绝's presence in 拒绝, and occasionally make mix-ups otherwise atypical of learners of my level, for example pronouncing 巨大 as wòdà (due to mixing up 巨 and 卧). The difference would probably be more notable had I learnt 繁体字 due to characters' composition being more indicative of their semantic origins. I think you're correct in saying there is a degree of synergy between reading, writing, speaking and listening, and for similar reasons I've always encouraged 同学 looking at learning Mandarin to learn both oral and written, not just one or the other.

(cont→

cont. →That being said, in terms of writing as a practical ability, in all my experiences living and travelling in China, outside of on rare occasion having to write down an address for a 快递 or whatever, there have been very few times I've ever needed to write something by hand. I think this is true for Chinese FLS too, with nearly all communication today done orally or digitally, I've noticed some of my peers struggling to remember how to write basic characters, to their surprise and their bemusement (笑

Your description of Mandarin as 半文半白 is really interesting, I'm not sure I 100% agree (isn't there a level of distinction between what we'd consider [白话] and [文学 and 行话]?), but it's definitely food for thought.

I'm curious how long you've been studying Chinese, and how much of that was spent in-country

Do Classical works have good translations into modern Mandarin?

Some of them make sense, like Tsingdao for 青岛, others are just plain rubbish. I'm always 无语了 trying to remember Malaysia/TW 同学's names, HK is even worse due to being based off 粤语 pronounciations which are also relatively unregulated

因为我们要操纸片人,我的麻辣洗牙朋友

>the graph that saved free trade

some of them
ctext.org/

Not really, because some complex words and meanings are hard to translate to modern chinese
I read one 三国志白话版 aka sanguo for tards that forgot how to read actual chinese and it was quite weird

Shit I guess I'm gonna have to learn that too.

I mentioned this as a reference fo Lu Xun's scathing comment, "半文不白,半死不活的语言,对于大众仍旧是不顺的". There is a lot of reading to be done on the birth of Putonghua and the whole vernacular vs. classical debate (as I recall Hu Shi has some very witty writings on the subject) that took place during the early 20th century and the resulting language is not really vernacular, especially at a high level when more and more 文言文 is inserted into what should be purely 口语, but of course it is the result of a consensus.

>always this suspicious timelag when downloading chinese websites internationally

Hmmm

您看过墨家的东西没有

We wuz qingz n shieet laowai

TFW your address is so far out in the sticks not even 外卖 can find it :/ 辣鸡AF

只看过一丁点的墨子,算不上看过墨家的作品

Nï hǎo Laowai, and welcome to my buddhist mantra recital session. Here we will teach you about the great tibetan buddhist culture and our worship of the infallible Dalai Lama. All you need to do is wire a a few hundred euros to alibaba317匡@cn.org. No muslims or dogs allowed. shī péi le! hòu huì yǒu qī laowai!

good luck cause it's a bitch

I've always been horrified at the lack of 白话 in publications such as 人民日报, especially in a country with such a low "higher literacy" rate. That being said, there is so much in classical literature that would be lost if re-written in plain vernacular. It just sucks it takes 20+ years of study, even for FLS, to get to full literacy

most of the ones I've been to have been free or donation-based

>Ratna Vajra
AKA Waizhou Fengyang from Jilin Province, 松原市.

>结果我的汉语逐渐开始变乱了有点怕早晚要把整个给忘了,你们说该怎么办呢
rest assured, it's in your blood

How's it feel to be forever #2?

not sure if you're joking, he's Indian-born

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratna_Vajra_Rinpoche

It's not in my blood , I've forgotten how to write most of them, I'm basically illiterate without a keyboard, I can read and speak but writing them is a bitch

consider the once loyalists

Yes. It also acted as one of the biggest stumbling blocks for those May 4th movement intellectuals who dreamt of abolishing characters, since that would only have been viable with a purely 白 language. Of course things turned out the way they did and there's no turning back now, the window of opportunity was the transition from Qing to a modern state.

My veins seethe with Spaingolian blood.

到底被“>”的是谁?ww

they would have lost so much in the process, especially given the close relationship between China's written language and its history/culture (although not to the same degree post-cultural revolution admittedly)

It's a pity you weren't around when I hosted that Chinese literature thread on /lit/

I understand, but he looks like a Chinaman. They are sino-Tibetan by origin.

>到底被“>”的是谁?ww
是我呀

>they would have lost so much in the process, especially given the close relationship between China's written language and its history/culture (although not to the same degree post-cultural revolution admittedly)

Yes and no. I mean, I'm not one of those China-bashers, but modern China (including Republican China, pre-Mao) is largely an artificial construct with an artificial language and a largely fabricated sense of historical continuity over the past 5000 years. It's a necessary part of nation-building but what is sold to us as "Chinese culture" never extended beyond a bunch of scholars and civil servants who lived in a bubble and spoke some form of 官话 and wrote in 文言 that had nothing to do with what the culture and language of the vast majority of Chinese people until the advent of public education and radio and TV broadcasting. Even the fathers of modern China were not in agreement over what should be the language of the Chinese nation until they reached Guoyu as a compromise in the 1930s with the Language Unification Commission

没错, most Tibetan Buddhists are Tibetan :p

There are a lot of Chinese looking folk in the Himalayas, particularly in regions of Nepal close to the Chinese border and Sikkim. Even as far as Kolkata you can see traces of Chinese phenotypes

I agree, and it's always difficult when discussing China to distinguish between objective history and constructed history. However from a sociological perspective, the "lived" history is the constructed one; it's what Chinese history textbooks teach and Chinese 大众 believe, thus what influences modern culture, irrespective of its artificial origins.

"Culture...is not static. One imagines a range of possibilities—what might be called an “arena” - in which a field of meanings is brought to bear by potentially competing actors, and any stability is sustained not by inertia but by authority and hegemony" (Myers 2004)

However that's not to say that contemporary Chinese culture is 'inauthentic', just that it's influenced by current power hierarchies as much as history.

>"Chinese culture" never extended beyond a bunch of scholars and civil servants who lived in a bubble and spoke some form of 官话 and wrote in 文言 that had nothing to do with...the culture and language of the vast majority of Chinese

Interestingly enough, 人民日报 had an editorial about China progressing from a 精英化阶段 to a 大众化阶段, but in regard to the tertiary education boom of the late 20th century (沈杰 2004), so maybe there is more change yet to come (although I wouldn't exactly describe the education provided by third-tier unis as "精英")

沈杰 2004,‘中国大学毕业生就业:现状、问题与前景’,人民网,2004年11月12日《people.com.cn/GB/guandian/8213/40408/40412/2983578.html》

Myers, F. R. 2004, 'Unsettled Business: Acrylic Painting, Tradition, and Indigenous Being', Visual Anthropology, vol. 17, pp. 247–271.

>but what is sold to us as "Chinese culture" never extended beyond a bunch of scholars and civil servants
the food, the festival celebrations, the ancestor worship and shit, all that is not real Chinese culture?

Secondly is Pride and Prejudice not considered part of English culture just because it deals entirely with the landed nobility and not "real people"!

Tsai is a thicc bih

>the food, the festival celebrations, the ancestor worship and shit, all that is not real Chinese culture?

read my above post

>Secondly is Pride and Prejudice not considered part of English culture just because it deals entirely with the landed nobility and not "real people"!

Well firstly, it's a work of fiction :p And secondarily, the "elite" culture depicted is just one subculture of English culture. Why adherents to this specific culture are referred to as "cultured" is also explained in my previous post

English Vegetable is bae

me too i grew up learning the characters and not pinyin. went to school in hk, not an international school but an actual full hk school and was in the top chinese class but was never taught pinyin.
i can read write and speak in canto perfectly but when it comes to pinyin im completely lost

You don't say

WOW

what do you use when typing Mando then?

that 欠干辣妈味

You misunderstood my post. I am not denying the existence of Chinese culture, simply stating that it is more complex than the "official culture" that was promited for the purpose of nation-building.

Keep in mind that England was also a pre-modern, multi-ethnic state at one point but by the time of Pride and Prejudice it was much further down the road of nation-building than Qing China due to a series of political and cultural factors (not to mention size!)

What's wrong Vietnam. Vietnam are you feeling sad?

求 more 蔡妈妈