What is wrong with Marvel? Why are all their directors push-over nu-males?

What is wrong with Marvel? Why are all their directors push-over nu-males?

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2016/10/kevin-feige-doctor-strange-marvel-casting-diversity.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Perlmutter
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Still, Feige is listening to the criticism, and as he told Vulture last week, he's bullish on the increased diversification of the Marvel universe to come. In Strange, the traditionally white role of Mordo was cast with black actor Ejiofor, and the next four Marvel movies feature female leads and love interests played by women of color, including Zoe Saldana in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Zendaya in Spider-Man: Homecoming, Tessa Thompson in Thor: Ragnarok, and Lupita Nyong'o in Black Panther. Compare that to the usual superhero casting shortlists — like the many white women vying to play Domino in the soon-to-shoot Deadpool sequel — and it feels like incremental but notable progress.

>"I think that in the movies we've already made, and certainly in the movies that are coming up, it will be as inclusive a group of characters as one could want," Feige said. Though he maintained that Marvel will always cast the best actor for the role, Feige also noted, "For us, it's important that we don't feel like a completely white, European cast."

vulture.com/2016/10/kevin-feige-doctor-strange-marvel-casting-diversity.html

DUDE IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

(((Disney)))

See
They're all Feige's little liberal whores.

Didn't they fire a Marvel boss because he gave money to a charity by Trump?

That company is batshit insane in its liberal propaganda. Just look what they did to Star Wars.

>Marvelshills

Snyder might be ripped but hes still a numale capeshit fag.

I like that part where they white-washed a Tibetan character because it would piss off Chinese people and then made him into a bald old woman so SJWs would still lick their balls.

These fucks know exactly what they're doing.

represents their fans, it's like pottery

>Didn't they fire a Marvel boss because he gave money to a charity by Trump?

No.

This is what MCUcks think is good action scenes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Perlmutter

In September 2015, Perlmutter stopped overseeing the development of Marvel Studios. Disney felt the studio head, Kevin Feige, should report directly to the chief of Disney Studios, Alan Horn, so all cinematic properties of Disney, including Pixar and Lucasfilm, were under one management structure. The restructuring was allegedly due to Feige's "frustration" of working with Perlmutter as well as some alleged controversial comments and actions by Perlmutter, such as replacing the casting of Terrence Howard as James Rhodes with Don Cheadle because black people "look the same."[11]

The Disney libtards basically made Kevin Feige his superior because he supported Trump.

Marvel and by extension Disney wants to eradicate the white man.

See
They made Kevin "Whitey? More like Shitey" Feige his superior instead.

>Marvelshits actually chose to involve themselves in politics
>"we need more diversity. More people of colour, and by people of colour I mean blacks only"
>meanwhile DCHAD just want to cast big white and maui men and gorgeous women
>tfw

>this triggers the Marvel nu-male

marvel "directors" have 0 creative control

just look up why did Fede Alvarez turn down directing Doctor Strange

This is not only true for Marvel but Disney as whole. The guy who is doing SW Ep 8 has done greats like Looper....and....Looper! They hire push-overs that the suits can easily boss around like little bitches. They've turned filmmaking into a design by committee.

I agree, sadly that doesn't mean Snyder is good

Actually they made Suicide Squad which is one of the most diverse movie ever and loved as such by women and minorities, but without paying numales to write them propaganda pieces about it like marlel

Snyder is the best thing that has happened to capeshit since The Dark Knight. MoS was bad but BvS was really good.

>inb4 jumped on by a gang of Mickey Mouses

Its kind of unavoidable to have diversity in a film about practical misfits

>The guy who is doing SW Ep 8 has done greats like Looper....and....Looper!

He's done Brick and the only two Breaking Bad episodes that still get talked about these days, the guy's talented and he's writing the next two episodes. He has much more freedom than the Marvel puppets.

I don't have faith in Disney anymore. For Episode 7, they just copypasted ANH and added some SJW propaganda and called it a day. Jew Jew is bad but he's never this bad. The whole thing screamed studio intervention. And apparently they're doing the same thing with Rogue One with last-minute reshoots to make the movies more light-hearted.

The new director is probably a decent guy but I don't expect him to actually express himself. Nobody under the Disney suits get that privilegie.

You're like a child who can't understand the world and so complains about it. The Marvel universe is producer led to maintain consistency like a TV production. So, you're not going to get strong visionary directors in these films because their vision needs to be consistent with the tone of the other movies to allow crossovers to happen and make huge money. Simple. If you don't like that then maybe you need to worry about more important things, like be an insufferable cunt.

>the only two Breaking Bad episodes
Yeah I loved that scene with the muscle car and Walt and his son were yelling by revving the car...it was so deep I discussed that scene for a long time

>You're like a child
Sorry I'm not the one defending Marvelshit here. How old are you? For your sake I hope you're underaged.

TDKR was unironically better than both BvS and MoS

>defending their saturday morning cartoon method on making films
unless youre a shareholder at disney, why would you want that

Better than MoS sure but not BvS.

MoS is the best DC extended universe movie so far, let's be real here

If it had a Director's Cut version, sure. But I felt like it fumbled on Superman's origins by rushing it. Actually, there apparently is a much longer cut somewhere that wasn't released to the public.

>Favreau
>Gunn
>push-overs

Not to mention Branagh is alpha as fuck.

>ignoring that Favreau and Branagh left because they couldn't have their own freedoms once Marvel had their plan in place for the sequels of ironman and thor
ironman 2 is proof favreau is a pushover

>Scott Derickson
>Peyton Reed

The MCU is the greatest cinematic event in human history and they get all these literally whos to direct it?

Here is what another director said when he was approached for a marvel film:
>It’s just as a director it’s harder to have your vision in those, if you go and do a Marvel movie… At some point we were in conversations and… they already figured it out. They’ve figured out the style. They’ve figured out the way they shoot them. They’ve figured out the colors, the humor. What would I do?

I'm honestly not going to watch anymore Marvel films. It's just way too much agenda than I can usually handle.

Then why hire Taiki Waititi? He clearly comes with a very specific vision of his own. Are they really that desperate to breath new life into Thor?

thanks op now I know not to watch dc or marvel movies

Marvel
>hire director
>okay you're going to have to make the films this way
>director makes the film

DC
>hire director
>director makes the film
>what the fuck did you do? we're reshooting 60% of this and editing it into an incomprehensible mess

>What would I do?
You would be a yes man who would fool the idiots on social media that there was even a fraction of artistic integrity that went into this focus-tested assembly-line production. Now get to work, goy.

Oh my god this. The gay propaganda in Doctor Strange was unbearable.

wtf I love Marvel now

Unless you're name is James Gunn. Then you can do whatever the fuck you want, now here's $200 million to lose your goddamn mind on screen.

But they reshot Dr Strange aswell. Why did you ignore that part?

>DC
>George Miller

I know that he was going to make that Justice League movie, but he didn't, so take him down and replace him with the Asian twink that made those Fast movies.

>get big fat check
>show up on set
>do what the producers tell you to do, no effort required
>get credited for a movie that makes hundreds of millions of dollars
>massive career boost
Directing a Marvel movie is a sweet fucking gig

Marvel
>studio ruins it before filming
DC
>studio ruins it after filming

At least DC have the option of making a different DVD cut and make the film actually quite good, which they're doing at the moment

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

1. nearly everything gets reshot these days
2. it didn't get reshot into an incomprehnsible mess like Suicide Squad did

I fucking love Ayer. Fury and End of Watch are both wonderful, and I'm positive his original cut was great. I really want to see it, but they absolutely butchered it and his vision in reshoots. They take about an "extended cut", but that's not his cut. Listening to some of the journalists talk about seeing both cuts, it sounds like there was like 40 minutes + of footage cut from the original including way more Harley/Joker/Batman stuff and a far, far longer bar scene.

Ayer didn't deserve it, he's too talented for this bullshit.

Yeah, right. BvS director's cut just have longer retarded sub-plot with bullet and walking Superman. There will never be Squad director's cut, because they've fucked up Ayer's version really hard. Just extended shit with more HONKA HONKA

>which they're doing at the moment
For what movie? Suicide Squad is getting like 10 minutes of new scenes. It needs more than 10 minutes of new scenes, and much more than 10 minutes of scenes gutted. Not to mention that the order is all wrong. People who saw the original cut mentioned that there was no "music video" bullshit at the beginning and it was played way more linear, really taking it's time with the setup. I really hope to god that they will one day release Ayer's vision, but they're not doing it soon.

>nearly everything gets reshot these days
Funny how you forgot to make mention of that in your first post. Also funny how you ignore the fact that the quips in Dr Strange were the result of reshoots and they are painfully obvious to anyone with two eyes.

>I love Ayer BUT
Classic Mickey Mouse tactics. Tell us how big DC fan you are you fucking liar. You've already been exposed once, are you going to continue? Be glad you're anonymous.

>Marvel guts every movie they make and then have reshoots for more quips
>MCUcks are fine with this because there is no longer cut to watch if you wanted more
Literally personal bitches to Disney.

>Marvel hires director who writes naturally witty and fun dialogue
>flows super naturally unlike their quipshit
>one leaves because of the bullshit system is suffocating him
>the other leaves because fanbabbies whine that "it's not muh comics"

This is why we can't have nice things.

g-guys please vote Hillary stop the evil white man from taking power

Iron Man 3 was literally the only good movie by MCU and it was shat on because fucking manbabies didn't get it. That was when I realized that we were diving straight into a sea of shit.

I agree with this. Ironman 3 was genuinely good, probably for the dialogue I guess. Shame it ended in an all out high stakes brawl bash

You're the most tasteless MCU lovers I've ever seen.

>Shame it ended in an all out high stakes brawl bash
I agree that it would have been better if it was Tony in a busted up suit vs Killian, but it was the best outcome for the "giant CGI clusterfuck" for two reasons.
1. The action was fairly clever with all the suits doing fun things
2. The action before that was more low key, clever, and creative with Tony using his cunning and intelligence to win, so an all-out brawl feels more deserved since it hasn't happened yet

Or maybe because Tilda Swinton is a good actor known for portraying weird characters?

I don't like the films desu but I watched the third one on a whim and liked it.

>Marvel films are sterilized banal studio productions for kids
>DC films are edgy dark garbage mutilated by reshoots and editing

SAVE US BASED FOX

I piss on everything MCU but Iron Man 3 was legitimately good with some nice character moments and humor. But the MCUcks rained hell on it because it actually dared to be different. This is why complete fucking cocksuckers like Kevin Feige run the show now. Their fanbase can't cope with something different.

that whole trailer looked like a huge cliche, even for capeshit

>Iron Man 3 was literally the only good movie by MCU and it was shat on because fucking manbabies didn't get it
Edgar Wright's Ant-man would have been Iron Man 3 times ten. Damn shame we never got to see it.

If only they made a good film in the process. Knew it would suck but I wanted it to be good

Affleck is a pro-Muslim, pro-immigrant, liberal as they come omega cuck though.

Hiring nobodies who will do what the producers tell them to. That's literally it, Marvel has full control this way and no one important or good actually directs these movies. Whedon, more or less, is the exception and even then got shat on for A2.

Guys like Abrams, who would have some sort of power, just give it up because they're all just fanboys.
Marvel doesn't want a good director with his own vision, they want someone they can control. That's about it.

Is DC any better or worse? They rely on Snyder all too much, which is another problem in itself. The movies have the same tone when different people should be needed for these different characters.
After SS, they have proven to be even more cautious by re-editing and re-shooting the film a couple of times. Ayere, hereby, is not really much to be blamed for. This happens with any major movie, in any major studio.

If you're not one of the big time directors, you have no chance ever getting full creative control, unless you specifically ask for this. But I doubt many care about such a thing, as it would mean less money (most of the time), if it ever gets agreed on. Because giving someone full creative control means to live in fear, to lose money, etc etc. Which also means it would be promoted less in fear of being rejected by the audience, thus becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy that ends in the movie usually losing money, or just not bringing in all too much.

in the end, if you have the connections, it is easier for them to trust you. But that's rather difficult as it is always a project with many, many people on board who will ever distrust or dislike you. But this really goes for any big firm or company.

>If only they made a good film in the process
They did. Then the reshoots happened.

/r/ing the before and after reactions of the film critics who saw both cuts. It's sad to see how many were really excited after seeing the original cut and how disappointed they were when they saw the final "music video" cut.

He's a good actor and a good director. Also Argo was right-wing AS FUCK. He was tricked by Bill Maher the mega jew to appear in debate. It was obvious he went in expecting a different topic.

only numales obsess over or use the term "numale."

Granted Payton Reed was the quick realcement for Edgar Wright. James Gunn has made some fun films and Thor 3 is directed by Taika Waititi who recently did Hunt for the Wilderpeople which was awesome

>Marvel doesn't want a good director with his own vision
Yet they hire people like James Gunn and Taiki Waititi. It's weird how everyone either seems to be 100% studio puppet, or some weirdo eccentric director.

Tilda Swinton is a godess, fuck off.
Don't even know who that fourth rate whore on the left is supposed to be.

>Then the reshoots happened.
negro reshoots are standard with any hollywood production.

The movie wasn't some perfect gem (tht no one could ever see) before post-production. It was the same generic bullshit WB's been putting out since TDKR.

I wonder what Walt would think of Disney now.

But GoTG was shit and it played like any other Marvel movie. Why are people saying it's good?

She was forgettable as fuck and also ugly to look at. Worst sins if you're an actress. Either look good or act good. Don't just stand there and spout cliché after cliché with your bald ugly face.

Argo was Hollywood jacking itself off for "doing important things" and not just being a giant money laundering racket.

>Why are people saying it's good?
probably because its one of the few with a good soundtrack because they used a bunch of well known artists.

All the great Marvel artists would absolutely agree that the MCU is a bland, soulless sham.

Can Marvel supporters really defend their choice of filmmakers, as risk-taking artists or even simply talented at making exciting action set pieces or memorable characters? Of course not. It really isn't surprising, considering most of them come from bottom-of-the-barrel Apatow-tier comedies or TV sitcoms.

Notice how the good/interesting capeshit filmmakers come from deeply visual genres (Raimi, Del Toro from horror, Burton and Bird from animation). They also seem to have a genuine love for the material, as it was part of the counter-culture when they grew up.

People like Nolan or Singer who come from solid neo-noir thrillers; while not visionary or creative have at the very least an elegant style of filmmaking and try to tell thematically meaningful stories, treat their characters/universes seriously and the audiences with respect.

This point needs to be reinforced. MCU movies are visually just fucking flat. Is it because the CGI is outsourced to Asia now?

Why fuck do you care?

Superhero movies are plain shit whoever make then

>inb4 unbreakable
that movie was SHIT

Why fuck they changed batman?

This isn't the same universe. Also Christian Bale probably wasn't up for it.

@76277807
>pls gib me (You)s
pathetic

>Why are all their directors push-over nu-males?
Then how come it's the DC directors that are forced to do reshoots and not being allowed final cut?

>Then how come it's the DC directors that are forced to do reshoots and not being allowed final cut?
>MARVELKEK thinks this doesn't happen to Marvel movies all the time
Atleast we got a director's cut of BvS. Marvel movies will forever remain halfassed piece of shits with reshot quip scenes.

Every decent director ditched Marvel for a reason. I hope you look forward to more Kevin Feige propaganda you shill fuck.

>movies are in 3D
>call them flat

lol

>Atleast we got a director's cut of BvS
And it was garbage, sure it explaining some more stuff and the extended Africa scene was welcome, but the film didn't need to be 3 hours. We need a director's cut for Suicide Squad, that has potential.

Was this an attempt at humor?

It was great. Civil War will never not be just a rushed B-rate cash-in in comparison. Imagine how many Marvel movies started out great and then right before premiere, the Disney suits drop by and axe half the fucking thing because of focus-tests. And there will never be a DC because fuck you fans you only get one gutted version forever.

>this entire post

>being this upset when DC directors are called out for being as much the studio slaves that Marvel's are that you instantly assume any criticism is shilling
Let me play too. How much will Warner pay you per post for Wonder Woman?

But they obviously aren't. Snyder does his thing. Contrary to Marvel where it's Kevin Feige bossing some pushover director.

>And there will never be a DC because fuck you fans you only get one gutted version forever.
What did he mean by this?

because nolan performed some contract magic that blocks WB from using any of the characters he used or making sequels without his express consent.

Its why the dceu joker had to be jason todd, etc.