The song “Tsar Bomba” personifies Metal in it’s purest form to me...

The song “Tsar Bomba” personifies Metal in it’s purest form to me. The mighty Dissection have influence that can be heard here. What, anons, do you consider an album to represent metal in it’s purest enduring form?

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yhSfA6h3R3g
youtube.com/watch?v=ysoUBu3UFfs&t=568s
youtube.com/watch?v=5-7qhiOTs8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=mXo6nxt_8KM
youtube.com/watch?v=U4GXNzom6ik
youtube.com/watch?v=csoY0wVIo5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I listen to a lot of Krisiun and Immolation, Behemoth and Slayer, and lots of ultra-fast, violent black metal bands.

But it'd be difficult not to call this one of the most fucking metal albums of all time. I mean, come on, this was like 1986.

Attached: 33d7fi635835962269.jpg (500x425, 52K)

user you would probably like Necrophobic, the band pic related, which I failed to mention.

Easy

Attached: R-3567515-1336294084.jpeg.jpg (500x500, 101K)

Metal has many essences in my opinion. Here I think is one of them

Attached: lp-witchfinder-general-friends-of-hell-angel-witch-venom-D_NQ_NP_14839-MLB20091610895_052014-F.jpg (1200x900, 195K)

OP here. I listen to Dissection, Agalloch, Woods of Ypres, Forgotten Tomb, Dawn, Sacramentum, Naglfar, Satyricon, Setherial, Blood Stain Child, Chthonic, Sorg Uten Tarer, Etc. Just to name a few off the top of my head. Also Perturbator new album.

Somebody else likes Woods of Ypres? You are my nigga. I never see them getting posted.

This makes me feel tingly always. Heavier than a black hole.

Attached: scorn.jpg (1200x1200, 413K)

Metal can have a lot of essences really.
It can be fun (like in Tankard or in any heavy metal band);
It can make you interested in saving whales, or killing innocent babies. It is all about what your mood is at the moment.

Attached: 91wjHwgIoNL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 405K)

They are leafs to be sure, but their sound was amazing. The lyrics are so retarded it’s funny, but all in all a good band. RIP David Gold.

Thanks user
Been a fan of Necrophobic since the 90s. "The Nocturnal Silence"

If you're a Dissection fan, check out Thulcandra for some (admittedly not very original, but still entertaining) Dissection-style metal

youtube.com/watch?v=yhSfA6h3R3g

Hour Of Penance is my favorite band, only band with better vocals is Archspire but i dont think they're quite as musically good as Penance... also main band ive been listening to is Impiety lately

Anyways you bored anons check out Tsar Bomba (song) by Necrophobic.

Thanks user. Listening to it right now over an admittedly cheap beer. Sounds good definitely in the vein I like.

youtube.com/watch?v=ysoUBu3UFfs&t=568s

Attached: 1508673635450.webm (1920x1080, 1.09M)

Dissection is and will always be my favorite band.

Attached: image.jpg (194x250, 24K)

>Impiety
Ah, like the Singaporean death black metal, do ye?
\m/ \m/

youtube.com/watch?v=5-7qhiOTs8Q

Attached: Abhorer.jpg (500x542, 29K)

i also like the thrash style to impiety's vocals, its like the first kind of blackend thrash band ive liked, and one of their songs has this cool nwobhm style to it which impressed me

I can remember buying a copy of "The Somberlain" from grossly overpriced Relapse Records distro back in 1994, and how amazed I was hearing the album for the first time.

Now 20+ years later, and "The Somberlain" and "Storm of the Light's Bane" are just as thrilling to my ears as they were way back then.

A fucking shame about Jon Nödtveidt though, wish he'd stayed with us longer.

For me, this is what metal is?

Attached: 220px-MercyfulFateDBTO.jpg (220x220, 26K)

Sup Forumss taste in music gives me a glimmer of faith in humanity. Outside of here the worlds taste seems very gay.

I also like Alcest/Anoseours, Northland, Krampus (only first album), D’espairsRay, Ensiferum, Moonspell, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Fatal FE, SUG, OLD Opeth (Mikael Akerfeldt fucked that band up with his nu male hippy bullshit), Celtic Frost, OLD Burzum, Emperor, Zyklon, Soul Reaper, can’t think of any more right now.

Fuck yes user. And the song you are thinking of is “don’t break the oath”. \m/

Krampus is another band I never hear people mention. They have some good shit.

>HAD some good shit
Yes their first album was basically perfect in every way. Then they wrote a second album and decided to try and sound like NU in flames. FUCKED

Butterflies on fire and Paralysis were the only two off the new album I liked. Survival of the fittest was indeed great though

user user f you like them check out Northland. That’s pretty right on. If you already heard that, check out Eluveitie.

I've listened to both bands you mentioned before. Those three are my go-to if I'm in the mood for metal with a Celtic or Irish influence or whatever you'd classify it as

finally an op that likes trance metal on here... im starting a trance metal band but im not quite ready to put it all together yet nothing really there except the band name and two song ideas so nothing to show yet, but what i do put out is going to be ace

What is the band name

Nah, too blackened for me.

Candlemass is kind of lame.

Pretty good album, actually own it on CD from when CD's first came out.

I know from the video screenshot I'd dig this shit. I'm a fan of that slamming beatdown shit.

>Candlemass is kind of lame
Found the poseur.

Attached: 16f8u2538935174.jpg (663x958, 972K)

The song that got me into heavy metal youtube.com/watch?v=mXo6nxt_8KM

The song the encapsulated me into extreme metal
youtube.com/watch?v=U4GXNzom6ik

Metal in it's purest enduring form
youtube.com/watch?v=csoY0wVIo5c

>candlemass is kinda lame
Kek get out