How did Real Madrid destroy him?

How did Real Madrid destroy him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tdpwuPQTl_s
youtube.com/watch?v=jXwtboIOiRI
101greatgoals.com/blog/chelseas-mourinho-ex-real-bayerns-guardiola-ex-barca-argue-about-grass-length-in-nyon/
thefalse9.com/2014/11/marcelo-bielsa-tactics-evolution-from-chile-to-marseille.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RM only weakened him, Eva destroyed him

"Betrayer... In truth, it was I who was betrayed. Still, I am hunted. Still, I am hated. Now, my blind eyes see what others cannot: that sometimes the hand of fate must be forced! Now go forth... unleash the tides of Doom... Upon all those...who would oppose us.-Mourinho on his time at real madrid

Flo didn't give him enough control, so Mou went around Game of Thrones style amassing political power within the organization

this became a distraction as groups of alliances began sprouting out causing friction with the club's behind the room politics

Mou later got the wrong people fired and his players also became wrapped up in his coup d'etat

the locker room became divided which led to their performances on the pitch to be affected by all that drama cause by Mou's shit storm

losing trophies was a cover for Perez to fire Mou as he's always be be gung-ho in firing managers so that was a cover to his more political charged motivation for firing his ass

Mou's Real were fun to watch, they were like the LeBron era Miami Heat villains of their day

>Losing trophies was cover for Perez to fire Mou
Kek yeah because there's nothing wrong with a manager not winning anything right?

real made him go full merc

It wasn't Real Madrid that destroyed my zip eyed friend

The Spanish sports media is notoriously awful. It honestly borders on propaganda at times. Mourinho made the mistake of developing a bad relationship with Spanish NT heroes, who had an excellent relationship with the media. He also feuded with Iker Casillas, who had a journalist gf. This led to both the Madrid and Barca-controlled press constantly criticizing and harassing him. I really can't blame Mourinho for going crazy in Madrid, the pressure and media circus surrounding the club and him at the time was insane.

>Flo didn't give him enough control

This isn't true. Florentino gave him absolute control on a level that no Madrid manager under Florentino had before or since. For the first and only time in Florentino's presidency, it was genuinely not his fault that the manager couldn't last.

People forget that Mourinho won Madrid's only league title in that 2008-2016 period, breaking basically every Spanish points/goals record along the way. He won their first Copa del Rey in more than 20 years. He coached the skinniest Ronaldo in the history of Madrid. He also turned them from an absolute joke in the CL (eliminated 5 straight times in the round of 16, twice by Lyon) into a legitimate powerhouse, which was one missed Sergio Ramos penalty away from winning La Decima.

Yeah, in his first two years. Then he went on to win nothing in 2013 and do nothing but complain about his players hating him for being a cunt

He unironically thought he was bigger than a club he was at, which was the story of his prior career.

>and do nothing but complain about his players hating him for being a cunt

Some of his players hated him. The ones who did were, by and large primadonnas (Casillas, Ramos, Ozil, Ronaldo). The hardworking, humble players fucking loved him, Khedira described himself as a "disciple of Mourinho" more than a year after Mourinho was fired. It started with Mourinho benching Casillas, which he was absolutely correct to do because Casillas was declining dramatically and cost Madrid the title in 2015 because of his unwillingness to train harder and the simple mistakes he was making in old age.

youtube.com/watch?v=tdpwuPQTl_s

Does anyone ever get a happy ending in Real Madrid?

Madrid peaked after that match. I hate newfags like you

No, at least not in the past decade or so. It's a very ruthless club, which I suppose is why they're so successful.

Zidane

that game was sketchy as fuck

played the same day as some Catalan political shit

ref could have awarded a pk for Real but didn't which could have a 1 goal deficit going into half time

yeah but you can always withstand the storm for added continuity in your organization United never fired Ferguson for not winning anything and again to use Ferguson as an example, if Perez backed Mou like the board backed Fergie then you would see Mou shipping out his rebels like Fergie did with Keane, Stam and so on

dubs of truth

Let's talk about the 0-5 loss to Barcelona, what did Mou do wrong? Was he too overconfident after they smashed Athletic Bilbao the fixture before?

>played the same day as some Catalan political shit
>ref could have awarded a pk for Real but didn't which could have a 1 goal deficit going into half time

Lol, come on. Barca fucking annihilated Madrid, because Mourinho was still building his team and trying to fine-tune it into the anti-Barca machine that his Inter squad was. He got absolutely embarrassed. No matter how much you like Mourinho or Madrid, you have to admit that Barca was just better that night.

Why do people go on about the 5-0 when Poop had a worse loss last season

Ozil fucked up the defensive balance of the team. Selling Ozil was the best thing Madrid has ever done and the results show it

pep inherited a geriatric squad and is only getting rid of the deadwood now

>what did Mou do wrong?

1. He played Ozil. Ozil is a good attacking player, but he cannot defend to save his life. By using Ozil, Mourino was essentially forcing his two central midfielders to play against 3 Barca midfielders, because Ozil simply does not track back. Ronaldo is not much of a defender either. Using a 4-2-3-1, with Ozil as your #10 and Ronaldo as a winger, is suicide against peak Barca.

2. Seriously. Ozil cannot fucking defend. Watch the game. Xavi just walks forward and Ozil does nothing.

3. He used Ronaldo on the right wing and Di Maria on the left. I don't pretend to know exactly why, but I think it's because Di Maria is a more "all-around player" and could do a better job of defending against Alves. The problem is that this neutralized Ronaldo's scoring ability, so Barca could attack with a lot more freedom (no fear of Ronaldo surging down the left, cutting inside, and scoring)

4. Messi is just fucking amazing. There isn't much you can do to stop him.

He spent the most in the world

played a high line.

How does Ozil manage to be a scapegoat wherever he goes.

Sure, but he did so in the inflated English market. In your country, Townsend is worth 25 million, Xhaka is worth 40 million, and Stones is worth 50 million.

Madrid went and won 2 CL,a league and a copa in the same number of years since Ozil came. He is overrated hot garbage.

>How does Ozil manage to be a scapegoat wherever he goes.

Because he is a midfielder who can't defend. He's absolutely fucking useless if you don't have possession. This is normally not a problem because he played for Madrid, and now plays for Arsenal, but on the rare occasion that his team faces another team that is better at keeping possession he gets "exposed".

Would starting Diarra have prevented a humiliation?

Diarra was shit. Pepe as a DM was literally the best choice

Possibly. It's hard to say, because iirc Barca scored 3 times in the second half, after Diarra was subbed in. Diarra was not a great DM, but you know, at least he was a fucking DM. IMO, if Diarra had started from the beginning, Madrid would have lost 2-0 or 3-1.

>Ozil

I think it's funny how Madrid made the same mistake just two years later, using James instead of a DM against Barca, resulting in that 4-0 humiliation in Madrid (without Messi, imagine how bad it would have been otherwise).

youtube.com/watch?v=jXwtboIOiRI

Xabi was also the one who backed Mou and most of the Portuguese players even Ronaldo

it was the Spanish players that won the World Cup along the Barca players that didn't like Mou's us against the world mentality

Iker and Xavi were best of buddies even chatting casually before clasicos ironically since it was Xavi that opened the scoring that night of the 5-0

Mou hated this and was tough on the Real players to not be friendly with any of Pep's players.

they were but that was back in those awful one million side passes tiki taka style Pep drilled to them. Dani Alves said Pep told them to pretend the ball was on fire because Pep knew Mou's plan was to press and counter. Pedro's goal had a total of 22 passes in the build up. Real never got to touch the ball which is fine for a Mourinho team but that night he told his team to press higher than his other teams that used to sit back but work hard to be organized. I think he couldn't does this with the likes of Ronaldo and the other superstars up front that didn't like to work defensively. It was too early for Mourinho to ask them to change their style. It's usually in the second year Mou has them changed into a more defensive player like Eto'o in Inter or Oscar. And guess what, it worked in the second year. I think it was also Mourinho who pioneered the trolling of Barca with anti football, so much so it went to Bisla level of insanity. He asked for the Bernabeu to leave their turf with long blades of grass and dry which would hamper Barca's ball movement lol and again it worked leading Xavi to always be blaming the pitch when Barcelona wouldn't win or the officials. Other teams used this tactic.

he's more of a ghost story.

this was when tiki taka was new and in vogue, people hadn't seen it and figure it out yet. What really hurt Mou is Messi as a false 9 playing in-between the lines.

>it was the Spanish players that won the World Cup along the Barca players that didn't like Mou's us against the world mentality

I think it was more than that. I think they just hated anybody telling them what to do. They got too arrogant after winning the WC, they thought they knew everything. Even the Madrid players who hadn't won shit in years.

I agree with you that Mourinho was still working to drill his style of play into his Madrid squad, but still, Barca destroyed them.

Also, the grass length thing is hilarious, apparently there was a recent FIFA manager's conference where Mourinho and Guardiola literally argued for 1 hour about what the regulation grass length should be.

>Mourinho and Guardiola arguing over the grass length

Kek this cant be real

101greatgoals.com/blog/chelseas-mourinho-ex-real-bayerns-guardiola-ex-barca-argue-about-grass-length-in-nyon/

>The current rules state the grass must be at least 3 centimeters, however Pep believed that rule should be changed to just 1.5 centimeters.

>Mourinho stood up against this motion

Bielsa is worse

he actually measures the dimensions of the opponent's pitch

even soaked the training field to prepare his players for a game that was forecasted to have heavy rain

>Before he gives his final prematch talk, he walks the entirety of the pitch, in an attempt to measure the pitch and determine if he needs to adjust his tactics because of the size and condition of the pitch.
thefalse9.com/2014/11/marcelo-bielsa-tactics-evolution-from-chile-to-marseille.html

Honestly, I dont think any rivalry will peak theirs, I just wish they'd rekindle it in the Premier League

>eliminated 5 straight times in the round of 16
It was more like 7 straight times.

Juve
Arsenal
Bayern
Roma
Liverpool
Lyon

>Mourinho stood up against this motion
/our guy/

Real Madrid destroys careers, players or managers. Cancerous club

In all the big games he played too defensively while having some of the most talented and creative forwards in the world.

>He coached the skinniest Ronaldo in the history of Madrid

Lmao

Very true. It's a fucking meat grinder of a team.

I disagree. Mourinho effectively matched his best opponents. We just look at it as "too defensive" in hindsight. If Ramos had not fucked up that penalty in the CL semis, Madrid would have advanced to the final and won easily, and everyone would be praising Mourinho's pragmatism.

You're less likely to lose if you concede fewer goals

>Because he is a midfielder who can't defend.
Pirlo also can't defend for shit and play as DM but everyone loves him

But he's a super handsome old Italian man and not a bug eyed Turk

A little bit of pressing would help instead of letting Pakilona's midfield trio make 6 gorillions little passes and combos. The Bayern semi-final loss is on him, just a total disaster.

>And now Hamez is out

Thank god madrid learn that nothing good comes out of medias-puntas that don't track back.

>The Bayern semi-final loss is on him, just a total disaster.
what? why?

>go to Real Madrid
>play the persecuted underdog role

LMAO

>learn