Western Anime Adaptations

I think a live action Netflix adaptation of the Welcome to the NHK manga would be wildly successful.

Some liberties would need to be made to adapt it for American audiences
>More emphasis on the MCs drug usage
>More emphasis on his neighbor being a total weeb. Make Satous reaction to the blasting weeb something more akin to how a normalfag would react to such a situation
>Never actually use the word Hikikamori. Like another user said, that's not really as bad of a phenomenon in the states. Use the word "shut in" and make his social anxiety more relatable and consistent. The anime makes quite a few logical leaps to get him to move the plot forward. Him randomly attending a college class didn't really make a lot of sense. This could be fixed with better pacing

Also they would need to make Misaki more of a manipulative cunt and less like an actual fucking psychopath. Some of the things she does in the manga border on actually insane

With Gits coming out and Death Note are we about to witness the rise of Animeshit replacing Capeshit? I really don't like the look of Gits, doesn't know whether to take itself too seriously or thinks it is a comedy most of the time but it just seems wrong the tone. I like the look of some of the designs of the buildings but the project seems like a mess.I have no idea how Animeshit could be as big on the same levels of Capeshit considering a lot of the cultural aspects would need to be removed and they'd have to make it look exactly like a Marvel film if they want to pander to the lowest common denominator of people.

kill yourself anti artist, anime is nothing but self insert for autists.

These are the best ones for western audiences
>Berserk
>Akira
>Cowboy Bebop
>Dragonball Z
I've always wanted to see a western adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin set in the west.

A live action Welcome to the NHK adaptation would be a disaster. The hikkikomori phenomenon is very rare in the US relative to Japan, especially when you compare the general population to the population that watches anime. There's a reason why this highly successful manga/anime/light novel never got a live action adaptation in Japan.

Western audiences, and imo non-anime watching audiences in any country, would not sympathize with Sato. They'd just find him disgusting and lose interest in the show very quickly.

>Berserk - Golden Age HBO series

Eh it could work but they would defeinatly cut back on alot of the more extreme scenes

It would work if looked at at a different angle. Make him a shut in NEET druggy like

>Western NHK
God please no.

Or instead of being a shut-in he's just awkward around people and he only fucks once a month.

>>Berserk
Wouldn't work without the budget and a pre-production rivaling the LOTR one
>>Akira
Would be dull as fuck. What's the film equivalent of animating on 1s?
>>Cowboy Bebop
Might kind of work.

>Animeshit replacing Capeshit
No, because hopefully GiTS will tank.

A Baccano adaptation would be really successful imo. It's violent, it has fun characters, the whole theme of immortality is interesting, it's set in the United States, and it feels more like a western tv show than your typical anime already.

You might have to change some of the characters though, I feel like critics wouldn't be happy about the fact that there's only one black guy.

Psycho-Pass would be the perfect show for an adaptation.

>strong female lead
>surveillance, totalitarianism, police brutality
>lots of violence and crime
>lesbians
>moral questions
>based on works already familiar to western audiences (1984, Minority Report)

They would just need to fix the edgelord antagonist a bit

As long as Dumb&Dumber aren't involved.

Berserk
Bastard!!
Black Lagoon
Hellsing
Prison School
Gungrave
Trigun
Highschool Of The Dead
Initial D
Geist MD
The King Of Thorn
Battle Royale
Gantz
Bible Black

>Bible Black
Truly the Evangelion of hentai.

>baby faced """""""'gangsters"""""""""

NHK wouldn't work well unless they do the direction like Malcolm In The Middle for the comedic parts of the show but I don't think the contrast between his hallucinations and fantasies and the real world will work well enough. It could be done, but I don't think any company can do the ideas justice.
GITS will probably do well with the Chinese, however Death Note looks like ass and its a Netflix movie so it'll probably be mediocre as fuck if not a clusterfuck on point with Dragonball Evolution no thanks to negroid L. It doesn't seem to have the staff that will do it justice, especially when the lead writer is the guy who did the abomination that was Fan4tastic.
However Willem DaFoe as Ryuk tempts me enough to pirate it.

Ive posted these suggestions in another thread but some movies I could see them doing well would be:
Golden Boy
Texhnolyze
Macross (As an adaption of Do You Remember Love)
Gundam 0079
Maybe a Slam Dunk spinoff miniseries

Holy shit, this is the most reddit entry-level toonami list I've ever seen.

Consider suicide.

>it's an Sup Forums rejects think they're welcome on Sup Forums thread

The Departed pulled it off with DiCaprio.

>Pepe
Take your hate symbol back to Sup Forums nazi

Oh God. I want a live action Bible Black movie so bad. I've got the perfect plot for it too.
>mysterious deaths at a small university
>local detective works with female protagonists to investigate
>turns out it's ritual killing in order to release a lust demon
>sex and blood

boku no hero

Literally shit version of Godfather
Literally shit version of Blade Runner

>comparing scorcesse with this weebshit

You first

Non meme answer:
Gunsmith Cats

Berserk is shit tbqh

Black Lagoon could work. It is grounded in reality (mostly) and it'd fit well as a Grindhouse/John Woo type of flick.

But the problem is finding actresses that are convincingly scary and badass. Revy, Balalaika and Roberta in particular.

I think Terry Crews could work as Dutch. Challenge him to play a more stoic type of badass.

I think the first movie should be the first arc and the neo nazi arc. I would think the Neo Nazi arc would make sense since the Black Lagoon crew would look way more heroic/less evil in comparison, you know how Hollywood loves to shit on Nazis.

If it does well, the sequel should be based on the first Roberta arc, again if they find an actress who is scary as fuck for her, we're set.

It was already done and it was better than Black Lagoon

The Expendables makes Black Lagoon look like high art.

>Literally shit version of Godfather

It has nothing in common with The Godfather. Have you actually watched the show, or did you just read that it was about mobsters?

It was fun flick

Wouldn't it miss out on the double meaning of NHK if it was adapted to western audiences?

His hallucinations in the book were only described as voices if I recall correctly. His tv and fridge only talked to him instead of jumping around like in the anime. I can see it working.

The only thing that would require some sort of cg would be the little conspiracy NHK monsters which could work if done well

He uses DMT in the LN as well, so it makes a lot more sense why he would see that shit

I keep trying to think of a work around but I got nothing

I'm stressing myself out thinking of who I would cast

An Italian made movie for Mazinger, Great Mazinger and Grendizer and Mazinkaiser would seem great

I don't think that many foreign audiences would be able to understand how Japanese culture breeds all of the terrible personalities and vices in the show.

>weaboos, I'm Akane Tsunemori

>weaboos, I'm Akane Tsunemori

forgot pic, goddammit

>weaboos, I'm Tomoko Kuroki

>Wildly succesful
>when the series relies on selfpitying NEETs and other losers to watch it
>on netflix

I don't see how it COULDNT be successful. Bojack Horseman is a perfect example of how normalfags love to have a character that they can relate their negative feelings with. NHK is the same.

What happened to the HBO adaption?

Forgot Pic

Live action Dennou Coil to capitalise on the current VR and google glass type shit.

If anime is so great how come it has never been nominated for best picture?

This one, a 40 seasons of 20 episodes each will be cool, although it may look fast paced and like they skipped ton of stuff, so maybe 60 seasons?

I want to see a live action Big O purely for shits n giggles.

Im pretty much working on Rurouni Kenshin but "westernizied". The script is soon ready and its fan fucking tastic.

wow, boy we all are so excited for your nothing to not happen

Wouldn't object to a Time of Eve adaptation or Eden of the East

>implying i dont work closely with some of the big name producers
Sure kid, you gonna pile up and see my stuff like you've done earlier ;)

>Sure kid, you gonna pile up and see my posts like you've done earlier ;)

>The script is soon ready and its fan fucking tastic.
>I just read the greatest script ever
>Who wrote it?
>I did!

>Time of Eve
>Ruining BASED Yoshiura's masterpiece with live action shit

how about the other way around

I think it's be quite surreal

All those choices would be awful with exception of DBZ. Could totally be done and cheaply. Wouldn't need 150 million.

Personally I rather see Hollywood try Attack on Titan or FMA. Both would translate well to American audiences, you can cast majority whites and they'd enough material for a trilogy or more movies.