KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD

GIZZ BACK AT IT AGAIN

>POLYGONDWANALAND
This album is FREE. Free as in, free. Free to download and if you wish, free to make copies. Make tapes, make CD’s, make records. The following files will be available to download at 9am Friday 17 Nov, Melbourne, Australia time at kinggizzardandthelizardwizard.com
1. DIGITAL MASTERS & ARTWORK:
This is the best option if you wish to download the album for personal use. Available as high quality MP3 files 320 kbps (≈100 MB) or uncompressed WAV files (≈500 MB). Each version contains hi-res digital artwork of the front cover at 4000 x 4000 resolution.
2. CD MASTERS & ARTWORK:
If you wish to press CDs you will need to download the DDP master and CD Artwork template. The DDP master is the format used for identifying information on optical discs. This master has the tracklist, ISRC codes & metadata embedded. In this .ZIP file you will also find a folder with a CD template, front cover art and extra artwork for back cover, inner tray, spine and booklet that you will need to put together yourself.
3. VINYL MASTERS & ARTWORK:
The vinyl master is a completely seperate master to CD & Digital masters. There are physical limitations to what the head of the lathe can produce when cutting vinyl. For this reason these files will not sound normal on generic Hi Fi speakers. Only use this master if you wanna press vinyl. It will contain a Side A and a Side B WAV file as well as a PQ log for both sides with metadata for the pressing plant. In this .ZIP file you will also find a record cover template and a folder full of artwork ideas you can use to make your own back cover, spine and inner sleeve.
Ever wanted to start your own record label? GO for it! Employ your mates, press wax, pack boxes.
We do not own this record. You do. Go forth, share, enjoy.
P.s. If u wanna make cassettes I don’t really know what you would do. Be creative. We did it once but it sounded really shit. Maybe try the WAVs idano
bye bye

Is this the Christmas album?

Of every gimmick King Gizzard has done, this is by far the coolest.

I rate the album art

>POLYGONDWANALAND
Stopped reading here

Every album is free

DUDE
SICK
RIFFS

Beat me to it. This is fucking great, I love these guys.

Album art and title tells me it's going to be just as shitty, if not worse than Nonagon Infinity and Microbanana

Bottom left reminds me of that post about some NEET keeping another NEET locked under his bed.

Microbanana was shitty but Nonagon was great.

post that sound sounds interesting

everything about this faggot band annoys me. At least it serves as a pleb filter

how many woooooos per track are we getting

pls don't band mods

It's wooooooos all the way down

lmao

>no flac

>being this lazy

for

>Ever wanted to start your own record label? GO for it! Employ your mates, press wax, pack boxes. We do not own this record. You do.
They're saying I can sell this thing? Wtf

The discogs page for this album will be hectic.

cool

Nonagon Infinity is their best and microtonal banana is their second best.

Shit taste senpai

DUDE
SICK
PICCLE
RIFFS

WUBBAWUBBAWUBBUBBBBB

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry, meant to say that Murder of the Universe is their best and Eyes Like the Sky is second

Really hope they put this on streaming services even though they're doing this dumb "this belongs to you" approach

Yeah nah, MotU is one of their worst (first section is great, but the other two are bad).

Eyes like the sky is mid tier at best.

looking forward to it

>uses streaming services
>calls other dumb

First two parts of MotU are top-tier, and the third is still decent.

>If you don't steal, you're stupid.
Wut

>First two parts of MotU are top-tier, and the third is still decent.
Pretty much desu.

Also buy physical from Blood Music if you don't want a shitty crowdfunded version.

>what is physical media

>(first section is great, but the other two are bad).

Except that's the complete opposite of the truth

all 3 sections are great you cucks, listen to it again

this

The absolute madmen.

>he fell for the spoken word memery

My sons!

This is some of the best spoke word committed to tape, buddy

>steal
>they're giving it for free
are you retarded?

steal or pay money to a corporation that steals

the spoken word is great on those records

>Ever wanted to start your own record label? GO for it! Employ your mates, press wax, pack boxes.

That's pretty based of them

Yes father

>start a "label"
>"sell" this record exclusively
>get cash from indiekiddies worldwide
>disband label next day
>???

profit

The only lefty band that's committing
other "anti capitalists" take note

What?

this is a sick idea. really into this.

Artists.

>King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Exmilitary

tfw polygon wun 4 da land

pathetic

LIZARD WIZARDS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

Based gizz.

Why do these faggots keep shitting out mediocre albums every 5 seconds instead of taking their time and making something decent..?

>1 (onE!) mediocre record in their entire discography
>these faggots keep shitting out mediocre albums every 5 seconds
What did you mean by this?

Based Sup Forums posters

>tfw kind wanna check this band out but dont want to get swept up in a meme

the only meme is if the new album isnt on streams

dude stop thinking about memes and caring what others think.

If you want to check them out, listen to some stuff. If YOU like it, keep listening. If YOU don't, stop listening.

Paying attention to what others like is for dickheads

Are you? We were talking about streaming services in general.

Exploit =/= steal

Maybe their next gimmick can be "making good music".

>even if that shit was staged its entirely possible that that or maybe even worse shit is going down somewhere

delete this post

LMAO
DUDE
FREE RIFFS

So does this mean I could literally go download the vinyl masters and go to a pressing plant and pay a bunch of thousands of dollars to get a bunch of these pressed and then I start a label and sell this to a bunch of faggy hipsters at a profit, this would all be totally legal?

Cute

Ok retard

if youre sure you can convince anyone to buy yours instead of the 100 other people with the same idea then go for it

they're releasing raw WAV files senpai just convert them

Legal absolutely. That would specifically and exclusively involve the FBI raiding you at gunpoint. Otherwise it's a civil violation subject to lawsuit. I absolutely think it would hypothetically go to trial but literally just this thread alone is very strong evidence in favor of the defense.

Yep, at least one indie label already has preorders up.

Are you retarded? The band gave express written consent for commercialization to "anyone who wants to do it". That's as open and shut a case as it gets. And even if it wasn't, why the fuck would they press civil charges for doing what they literally said to do?

>why the fuck would they press civil charges for doing what they literally said to do?
I was clearly addressing a hypothetical situation and technically I was only addressing if a grand jury would indict. That's what go to trial means. I think that would happen simply because it's a unique case.

I already clearly answered the question if it was legal.

How would you sell it if the album is actually free online
Who would pay for it

tfw your band is playing gizzfest

I'm just saying there's clearly no tort if permission existed. No tort means no civil case.

Gotta drink my bottle of soylent before I listen brb

I already planned to pirate the album and buy a physical record as memorabilia anyways, before this was announced. IMHO physical copies in the modern world are cool merchandise, not as the primary way to listen.

Well either way my real interest is just seeing how out of hand this can get. And thats exactly what causes lawsuits. At least in America. You can go to trial for a cup of coffee that you thought was too hot. I mean probably not anymore but again thats the nature of unique cases.

I assume they'll autograph it.

plenty of people, because believe it or not, people actually think music they enjoy is worth something, and are more than happy to support the musicians monetarily even when its optional.

what's the best king gizz album to start with

Microtonal Banana but listen to the first song last.

mind fuzz

but if they know that a purchase is going towards some random dude instead of the band because the band released it for free, what is the motivation then?

DUDE
COPYRIGHT FREE
RIFFS
I'M SO HIGH LMAO

apparently Blood Music is going to donate most of the profit to the band whether they like it or not, which I find kinda funny

Okay but does this album have good songwriting or is it just another standard fare formulaic king gizzard release?

Find out this Friday

FUCKING COMMUNISTS