Aren't clubs getting a bit carried away here? He's only a kid who only has had one good season

Aren't clubs getting a bit carried away here? He's only a kid who only has had one good season.

perro

caca

130 millions is literally what they will make from shirt sales in 2 seasons.

>Football agent Jorge Mendes has reportedly brought Manchester United and AS Monaco together amid rumors the Premier League outfit are interested in an £80 million deal for Kylian Mbappe.
>Jorge Mendes
*rubs hands*

60$ the shirt
130,000,000/60= 2million shirts.
Of one player.
Nah.

Ronaldo at PSV was just a kind who only had had one good season too.

>Aren't clubs getting a bit carried away here?

Did you just discover modern football or what? This sport is fucked up beyond repair since the Pogba trade and it will even get worse.

clubs don't even get most of the money from shirt sales the manufacturers do

poopee

>since Pogba trade

overpaying was there before Pogba man.

>80 million £

1- Monaco are already loaded with last mercato, bernardo + the next deals and the CL money. They don't really need to sell Mbappe for money

2-The russians sold fucking kondogbia for 40 mill and martial for 80 mill, Hames for what, 90 millions ? after a month of WC.

3- Mendes would not miss an occasion to pull the biggest transfer ever

-> Mbappe not leaving for less than 120 millions

Obviously and they'll probably ruin him, but that's modern football for you.

It has been lik this for a while,
Are these players good? Sure. Are they worth what they paid for them, not really.
Once you get into a big team you have a lot pressure, you want to demonstrate you are worth it. When things dont go your way you get frustrated and depending on how mature you ar and how well you cam handle pressure you will either flop or succeed.

>insert $vinicius_sum here

>One

Half good season

Considering that hes a poor man's Dembele yes. Hell flop in England.

More like a poor man's Henry

>implying youre old enough to have seen prime Henry play

are you serious? do you know how many shirts of players like Ronaldo and Messi are bought annually by third worlders?

Yeah...counterfeit ones. You think the clubs make money off that?

Hell flop

>greece talking about economics

Transfers are becoming less about the player's ability and more about marketing. The worse United play, the more valuable their club is because of social media and meme players

hes going to real madrid done deal

He had a good season on the one competition that matters

yes, ligue 1

no, champions league

the club doesn't get 100 percent of the money from shirts

Underrated

Who was the last u20 that was THIS overrated?

>Comparing Messi and Ronaldo to literally who

this, 10% as max

I thought this idea of "buying players to sell shirts" was a meme and just bullshit, but then I read ManU's financials.
Merchandising is their fastest growing income stream by far with shirts being the major component.
Third-worlders ARE buying shirts and they want AUTHENTIC shirts of the freshest players.
Signing a meme player pays for itself.

It's funny because my little brother has a friend over and he's wearing a Neymar jersey right now.

Anyway, to the topic at hand. Yeah, James was bought for the sole purpose of selling t-shirts. I haven't seen a single Colombian not wearing a Colombia/RM shirt with James on the back.

However, I have never seen a Man United fan irl. I wonder where their main market is, because at least here, clubs like Juve, Bayern and Chelsea are WAY more popular.

investor-facing data puts asia @ 325 million targeted customers (haha customers). To put it in perspective they have approx 30 million north america targeted

>Are they worth what they paid for them, not really.
Why do people keep talking like there is a pre-decided value for players? Players are worth whatever the norm is. And right now, this is the norm.

i live in the northeast us. lots of united fans here. lots of liverpool and some arsenal.

anyway, as for mbappe. he's a future ballon d'or shortlister. you have to pay to play.