Ask a doctor anything

Ask a doctor anything

Attached: c71e45126ee7506da01ecec5d929b4d3.jpg (500x621, 70K)

You not real. There's no probably about it.

Do I have cancer in my nuts?

Looks like a strippers costume

oppositional defiant disorder

Why is my psychologist so opposed to me smoking weed?

I farted and a pea rolled out. Am I fucked?

Right so how common is late onset for this?
Not very I'm guessing.
I probably have a strong allergy to faggotry

can I suck your cock?

where did you receive your certification?
what is your practice?

Should I stop drinking if my intestines are burning?

A self exam is hard to perform if you don't know how. Most guys feel the epididymis and think that it is not normal. A testicular tumor will feel like a lump in the body of the testicle, not the surrounding tissue

how much did the costume cost ?

certification? I have a medical degree from a US medical school. I passed USMLE 3 parts, and completed a residency in Florida. Board certified. I practice emergency medicine.

weed causes brain damage, as would long term use of any dopamine agonist- thats just obvious
plus youre seeing a psychologist, so,on top of your retardation you have a mental issue.

dont need to be a doctor to solve that one

That doesn't answer my question you shit doctor

its not me, a stock pic. I woulda though btards could reverse image search

How does it feel to be a cancer-faggot?

yes you have cancer in your nuts

Where you work? I'm a doctor too.. and I've known the healthcare community to be very tight knit. I either know you, or your practice.

What's the deal with airline food?

Sweet
First I hack you
Then I hunt you

What do I give a shit

yes, I personally know every doctor in florida

yes

Go on.. What part of Florida? Central?

I would recommend a serum test for beta subunit of HCG. Generally only present in pregnant females, but testicular cancer produces it

Effect of fapping on the brain?

Probably not good for whoever's brain you are sprogging on.

Do doctors think theyre the brightest of those that enter further education? There seems to be a fair amount of.snobbery that you dont find in other professional circles (e.g. Academics with PhDs)

Pain on the right lung upper lobe, that worses when lying down and resting. No cough and no fever. Thinking of pleurisy (pleuritis). Any toughts ?

One of my friends was in law school, while I was in medical school. Law school was like college. 15 hours a week in class and summers off, done in under 3 years.

Medical school was like getting drafted. 8 hours a day of class, after the first summer, no summers off. And after 4 years of college and 4 years of medical school, get a degree that is worthless without 3+ years of residency.

In terms of difficulty, my organic chemistry class started with 180 eager premed students. 30 of us made it to the final exam after 2 semesters, and only 10 get into medical school on the first try.

So yes, we think we are the brightest.

I have some white pumple on my dick. What it can be?

Dr, I need a hot beef injection, STAT!

First, the pain would be described as being in the chest or chest wall or back, not a lung lobe. You point to where it hurts, I will tell you what is hurting.

Pleurisy is a antiquated term for inflammation of the pleural. Not likely without a fever.

Just a guess, costochondritis. Take some ibuprofen

From what ive seen, the actual.content of med courses doesnt seem too demanding in itself, its more the quantity of information that needs to.be absorbed.

Personally i dont doubt that youre among the most dedicated bunch, but the fact that you used organic.chem as an example of.how hard your course gets is.a bit odd and backs up my point of view, as i think most people would agree in saying that it is the easiest of the chemistry disciplines

>So yes, we think we are the brightest.
fun fact: doctors are the ones with the most money. not necessarily the brightest. it is very common for doctors to believe that they can't become ill, since they see themselves as a sort of guardian angel that heals people and is immune to illnesses himself.
additionally, doctors are corrupt as fuck. all it needs is big pharma to come along and "suggest" you promote their overprized, low or no effect holding product for a little gift or donation and off you go, prescribing homeopathy and other useless shit.

doctors typically deal with people that are afraid and put their faith and trust into medicine on a daily basis. you are prancing around with a god-complex and enjoy that odd sense of power you have over peoples health, which psychologically speaking isnt healthy either.
so, nope, you aren't the smartest people either.

>Take some ibuprofen
>prescribes generic addictive painkiller
nice, doctor! thanks a lot!

doctors in general think very highly of themselves. however, I see it as a job as any other. sure, you have to have a lot of knowledge, and be very patient and persistent, but in the end of the day there are bright doctors, and there are total idiots and/or assholes, just as in any branch. source: am doctor from poor european country

>it is very common for doctors to believe that they can't become ill
it even has its own name, but i forgot. hence a lot of doctors smoke, become fat with old age, don't do sports etc etc.

I agree. It is a matter of quantity. To compare, I took pre-med biology at Yale over a summer, 9 credits in 6 weeks, intensive course, with lab.

Was relaxing. Medical school was like 4 times more dense, non-stop for years.

Organic chemistry was graded on a harsh curve to ensure adequate attrition.

Do you have a question?

nope, do you?

have you ever been party to someone's prostate exam at a private residence?

would you like to?

Yeah costochondritis was my second option, as to the locations it's a bit hard to say for sure but i would say it's near the sternum on the right side and sometimes i feel some pain in the shoulder blade, but not related to the previously stated one

all doctors know we can become sick, obviously because we see it all the time.

It is true that we are bad patients. I never go to the doctor, and always treat myself when I need medical care, which is probably not the best idea.

I once numbed up my toe and removed an ingrown toenail.

no

I'm the guy with the chest pain, i'm studying medicine too and i can say that some of us on the contrary, are very scared to be sick, cause we know the symptoms and know that some of them mean sacry shit.

But are there topics in med where youre left slamming your head against the table after trying for hours to comprehend but just cant.because of.the difficulty in itself?

Also I really dont get this grade curving thing you have in america. I mean at least at a bachelors level in organic.chemistry, unless youre provided with a list of random reagents etc. And asked to develop a specific chemical product (which i doubt is necessary in medicine?) i dont see how you can have anything more than a right or wrong answer. At least thats the case here (NL) where failure rates up to 70% arent uncommon

It is almost certainly the chest wall, not the lung. Clearly the pain is positional. Costochondritis is an inflammation of the ribs and the muscle and connective tissue between the ribs. Not serious and usually not long lasting.

>>But are there topics in med where youre left slamming your head against the table after trying for hours to comprehend

No, not for me. It is basic human physiology. In itself not difficult, but presented in huge quantities

I've had symptomatic gallstones for four years now. Bouts of biliary colic, maybe cholecystitis. I'm too irrational and anxious to have surgery, despite my PCP's wishes.

So am I going to die randomly from a burst gallbladder one day? What do you think is the end result here?

> But are there topics in med where youre left slamming your head against the table after trying for hours to comprehend but just cant.because of.the difficulty in itself?
I wouldn't say topics, but rather pacients or cases. Sometimes we gotta dig deep to find stuff that make some sense and help with the diagnosis

Have the gallbladder taken out. It is done laparoscopically with small incisions, with little recovery time necessary.

Not getting it taken care of will result in pancreatitis, where enzymes that digest muscle and fat are leeched into your abdomen and start to dissolve the surrounding tissue. Very painful and may be deadly.

If you have cholecystitis you'll know, u won't be able to whitstand the pain, at least in the majority of the cases. And yeah if u develop it you'll need the surgery or u can enter a state of sepss and die from the infection

i was told that i have an "irregular heart beat" and extra beats and that I shouldn't worry at this point (30), but maybe later in life it might become relevant.
i had a time where i would lay down at night and i felt blood pressure build up in my head and throat and i would occasionally wake up violently from a heart beat or it stopping for a brief moment.

how fucked am i?
more about me: a bit on the chubby side, bmi is still ok-ish, not doing a whole lot of sports, maybe every other week once or twice (jogging, swimming), doing all erands either walking or riding my bike though. family condition: high position of the stomache, which leads to it pushing on the heart if you eat too much (my dad was hospitalized once and told it was just that).

Cool. Do any idiots slip through the cracks into a med degree? Since it.is volume studied and not necessarily content, i can imagine thered be cases.of people.who.are.able to memorise vast amounts of information (through sheer stubborness) and yet are thick as shit.

Case in point for me is a malay girl I teach in a masters course who seems to study non stop but also comes off as borderline retarded, and is apparently failing every exam (managed to get into the msc based on her bsc marks back home)

If she ever ends up running a chemical plant.id have serious concerns, but on a personal level the thought of.legions of quacks out.there is pretty terrifying too

Yes ofc that can happen, in my country the number of dropouts from med school is unbeliavable, they somehow get in and can't handle the routine. Also there is a lot of parents that buy their way in, in the private U's

There are*

The sensation of an extra strong heart beat like someone is punching you in the chest is normal.

It means that your heart skipped a beat the the next beat is extra strong. In young healthy people this is a normal thing, and your heart is healthy.

Irregular heart beat means different things. If it is a normal beat with a p-wave on EKG, generally not a problem.

In otherwise healthy young people, it is possible to get a irregular heart beat from an aberrant conductive pathway. Look up Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. This is serious and could lead to a fatal arrhythmia, although you would not see it on an EKG as an irregular heart beat as you described.

The only way definitive way to diagnose WPW is to wear a cardiac monitor

I went to a US medical school, which is different. Here it is so hard to get into medical school, that all the people who make it through are able to complete the degree. I would say that still, about 8-10% of my first year medical class dropped out.

Why do those people drop out? I can't imagine being pre-med, putting all that effort, and then dropping out once you're already in med school. Don't you folks view it like winning a golden ticket?

A few dropped out because it was too intense. One of my friends was really smart, but did poorly on the exams.

One went directly into a PhD program, and decided he didnt need the MD.

A few were very rich and decided it wasn't fun after all. One was a lawyer, an older guy who got in, and he bagged it too, returned to his former career.

>as would long term use of any dopamine agonist

You're full of shit. Eating good meals and having sex are "dopamine agonists" and yet there's no medical advisory against them. Also weed doesn't cause brain damage, if anything it helps resolve certain kinds of neurological damage, which is what led to it becoming medically prescribed in the first place. Heavy use has some tentative links to early-onset Alzheimer's but that's about it.

I sure as shit hope you're not a real doctor, if this is what I can expect from the best and brightest I'll go see a Nurse Practitioner instead

Do you believe that because of culture or design, med school is too difficult in the US? There is bit of a theory out there, primarily in the libertarian community, that the AMA has designed this system, including the level of med school graduates, in order to maintain high physician salaries/quality of life. Basically, is the AMA the most effective union in history - by acting like tight gatekeepers? What do you think based on your experience or intuition?

That was not OP. I'm the doctor, and I think weed is generally harmless and not physiologically additive, though I don't use it myself. It is a dopamine agonist, but as you noted, so are other things. It is not a dopamine agonist like crack is.

I have known patients who were genuinely helped by medical cannabis, but most people who use it just like to get high

Why do those people drop out?
There is so much material that you need to go through, that if you start lagging behind with something everything start to pile up on you and its very hard to catch up also you have very little spare time that you can devote to preparing to failed exams. Medicine is for people that are titans of hard work and very high on conscientiousness.

Not from the US but i'd guess it is a simple matter of offer and demand, lots of people want a "easy and rich life" by doing med so the demand is high therefore only the best from the best gets in, also medicine (at least in most countries) it's not hard to stay but to get in

The AMA is not effective at anything, so that blows that theory.

The question is: "Are there limited opportunities for medical education in order to maintain a doctor shortage in the US, so doctors can keep commanding a high salary?"

I doubt that doctors have anything to do with it, and if some do, I have never heard anything about it. I personally believe medical education should be expanded, but it is so hard to go through medical school, and takes so long, that building a few new medical schools would not be a short term answer.

Also, few doctors are in a position these days to dictate their own salary. That is mostly an issue for insurance companies to decide.

Do you still live in FL? Also do you know how I can go about maybe have some med students do some surgery on my lazy eye for free. I want to be able to look people straight in the eye again without shame... Please help doctor bro. A RX for adderall would be nice to can't concentrate for shit anymore.

Also people overfantasize med as the dream come true, then get in to find that not everything is a beautiful episode of grey's anatomy.

I'm an EMT who's looking to go to medical school. I'm going back to college to finish up courses and so far have gotten As. But I'm worried that my mediocre overall GPA is going to hurt me because when I went to college the first time I took a shitzillion courses and didn't really care about them, and as a consequence it's like a 3.1 and even if I ace all of the remaining premed courses it's only going to be a 3.3 at best. Is it all for nothing?

But the US medical sector, as it stands today, is not subject to market forces. There has been a chronic shortage of doctors in the US for decades now. Admission standards go up, not down. More med school slots are not being opened up. There many more equally qualified applicants to med that do not get in (is it 50 applicants for every slot?). So it's not a matter of there not being enough talent. Someone is doing a job of gatekeeping here, and so that's where theories come in. Who stands to profit? Obvious answer is you. Insurance companies and administrators? Undoubtedly.

I don't know where I'm going with this. Obviously, I'm not asking you to apologize for something you had no hand in engineering. But you have to agree that the US system is fucked and it's getting people killed, literally, from lack of access to health care. I'm not necessarily a Bernie bro. I don't know what the right response to the situation is, but the status quo is unsustainable and unacceptable.

Correction of strabismus requires surgery on the muscles in the orbit of the eye. This involves repositioning the eye slightly during surgery, and generally patients want experienced physicians doing it.

But if you want I can take a crack at it.

Adderall? At least crack whores offer a handjob.

I'm a med fag and all this is true

>my organic chemistry class started with 180 eager premed students. 30 of us made it to the final exam after 2 semesters, and only 10 get into medical school on the first try.
>So yes, we think we are the brightest.

you passed organic chemistry and you think you're bright

heh

these are interesting points. i will look up WPW. although i have to say that there is no case that runs in the family as far as i know. i haven't had any heart issues in the past. possibly anxiety issues, as i've once gone to the ER and have my heart checked and that's when they told me i am fine.

Conspiracy theory. The reason new med schools are not opening is that it is very expensive to open a new medical school and no one wants to pay for them.

The last wave of medical school building in this country happened in the late 50's-60's with tons of new schools opening up through the 70's Know why? The government paid for them by taxing rich people.

Reagan lowered top marginal tax rate below 40% and the federal government has not paid for a new medical school since.

organic chemistry was the hardest class for me to pass, but I think I'm bright because I got two degrees in ancient greek and latin before I went to medical school.

Pant-on-head retarded. NSAIDs are not addictive. There is extremely limited evidence to suggest they can cause rebound with prolonged use but thats about it. Painkillers get prescribed a lot because they work well with limited side-effects and are cheap. Congrats you get a star for trying to act like a painkiller is a bad idea.

so if i follow your stupendous logic

i speak three languages, and im studying chemistry in my third language, does that make me smarter/brighter than you

in reality i dont think i am, impostor syndrome, etc etc, but to have the gall to call yourself bright just because you passed organic chemistry? nah, be humble my man

And while on the matter ibuprofen is the one that has the smallest side effects/benefits ratio. Chest pain idiot here

Right. But the conspiracy theory isn't so conspiratorial, if you believe that there's a profit incentive at play here that is in favor of maintaining the status quo. If you had more med schools opening up, then because of market forces, surely your salaries will reach an equilibrium--and possibly a drop. You guys don't want that. Who would? I'm not a communist that feels like you're earning too much. If the markets will reward you the same in a system with more med school graduates and less influence from health care companies, then I would have no problem with it. But, no one wants to reform the system, and there lies the problem.

Well, I will agree with you that it is the government's fault. But I still theorize that money is changing hands. Crony capitalism is the name of the game in this country.

Alright, I'll get off this policy debate with you. I'm hoping that machines and nanobots replace the role of M.D.s in the coming decades anyway.

are you a real doctor or more like dr. dre kind of doctor?

Are you saying this based on your high school knowledge of organic chemestry ? Or did you take classes in college/higher education ?
Chemestry can be a bitch in some aspects

how to use testosterone enatat without longterm damage?

Why dick hurt in balls
>ass

Bump the bump

Attached: 1499597193573-b.jpg (922x864, 586K)

While I agree the benefits are limited, that data is super skewed bc so many people misuse them. In Aus ibuprofen is available in almost every store and a lot of people take it every day. Any drug can be poisonous if you use it the wrong way bruh

Can you circle where the ekg leads would go?

Attached: 6307B0C9-4B90-418E-9C63-D642DD2816F4.jpg (450x560, 63K)

What do I do to cure my neck and back pain?
Why does it always hurt, when I pee (I have no STDs)?
I'm currently thinking about becoming a doctor too, is it possible to pass med school without any chemistry or physics skills?

real doctor as in MD

In the US, I would call anyone who passes organic chemistry at university bright. Sorry if that offends you. Its not a competition bro.

(Different user here with heart palpitations)

I've probably presented to the ER or my primary care dozens of time in my life now. I've had many "skipping beat" sensations. On my first study, I had hundreds of PVCs on a holter monitor. Cardio said not to worry and just gave me a beta blocker and told me that everyone gets them. Frequency dropped and life moved on for a few years. I started getting palpitations again, had another holtor monitor and they found something "SVT" in a "low" frequency, maybe in the teens.

I saw a different cardio and he told me that, again, I need not worry because the number was low and I was young. He told me to continue with the beta blocker, but offered to trade my beta for something called verapamil. I declined after looking up the drug (I'm one of those guys that likes to google stuff). He did say that if my symptoms worsened I would need ablation, maybe. Is this par for the course?

Also, my EKGs always show up as abnormal possible lateral infarction, age undetermined. They're assured me that the machine is making a mistake, but I just don't know what to believe.

Can you guys look at a random EKG I took a photo of, and tell me if there's anything that stands out to you? It's not very good quality, and it was a normal sinus rhythm. I cropped out the top because it had private info. I'm hoping that since we're anons, and you don't have a doctor patient relationship with me, you can just give me honest thoughts on my situation. Thank you doc anons.

Attached: ekg.jpg (1676x943, 505K)

anabolics cause damage, generally long term kind of stuff like coronary artery disease due to cholesterol changes.

When you stop them you get real fat too

along the left border of the sternum and under the left breast

dude, youre the one coming here calling yourself bright and bragging, now youre saying its not a competition

youre no fun

anyway good luck in your doctor endeavours

Neurological problem here:
When I focus objects in a dark room (f.e. my phone at night) everything becomes smaller, especially when I focus it. The whole thing lasts for maybe half an hour and goes away then. I have this since I was 7. What the fuck is that?

Actually, I dunno if I cropped out important info. Here's the top.

Thanks again...

Attached: ekg2.jpg (1676x943, 520K)

Circle it bro, it’s for a project

I guess i wasnt clear i was defending ibuprofen. Also it is the most "liver friendly" anti-inflamatory