The Magicians Season 2 Trailer

Any hype?
youtube.com/watch?v=ttPmut0kBgw&ab_channel=Syfy

I'm very hyped for it, The Magicians is probably my show of the year.

I'm a bit disappointed they aren't keeping it urban fantasy, but I guess they're probably following the books.

It looks great, I'm surprised by how little it's been talked about.

yeah it's weird, it's like people care more about every other syfy show

I don't know about that, I haven't watched other Syfy shows, but it seems like The Magicians has slipped past people.

did they show the scene where alice cucks quentin with penny

They don't show it, Quentin walks past a door and hears them at work.

no

fuck off shill

Is the writing in this above average? Like is it much better than that popular zombie series?

If The Walking Dead is considered average writing, then yes, a good bit above average.

I haven't watched since mid season 1 but more Alice titty meat would be great

People are just more hyped to see space opera on TV again and on Syfy no less. You can throw a rock and hit a dozen urban fantasy shows.

Pretty waifus and fairy tale feel, it was pretty ok. I enjoyed the 1st season.

This show is awkward and weird as fuck

>not the young pontiff
kys plebeian

I bet she has a tight pussy

I thought alice was supposed to be a homely looking nerdy girl

wtf I thought their team got rekted hard now Alice is still running around and Penny still has his limbs wtf

>Her parents normally hosted orgies
>All her sexual experiences were of her with cloths on and the guy cumming in/on her
>Her parents have multiple partners
And glasses do a lot to the nerdy look for her. She always uses tight shirt and short skirt.

Lmao do you guys actually watch this teen fantasy shit?

Yes, any other questions?

don't know about the show but the book is actually a deconstruction of harry potter/YA escapist fantasy

is this the one with the furry rape shit

>deconstruction

Oh joy.

A perfect show for a perfect audience.

that scene was badly executed though, doesn't have any weight. Seconds ago she was riding the guy and then the same guy supposedly possess by a dog raped her lmao what a fuking joke

do they show the scene where they fuck as arctic foxes

>First Book
They fuck as foxes

>Second Book
Girl gets raped by a fox god

>Third Book
Haven't read but there's probably more furry shit

Really makes you think

>The Magicians

Just started watching.
Main hero is a "loser nerd" as in he is about to get accepted to harvard and has a hot female "friend".
For some reason though he has angst and loves comic books and fantasy bullkshit..
Oh yeah he wants to study philosophy but he ready fantasy pulp..
Come the fuck on.
Yet another case of "nerd loser" who actually isnt a loser at all and hence has no reason to be depressed..

When will they make the main hero a proper "nerd loser"? He doesnt even have to be ugly or fat just an actual no lifer.

I really thought girl was going to make the guy restart the loop so she wouldn't have to get god raped on a pile of her covens corpses.

This still looks good though, I'm full hype. I'm kind of surprised and hyped you made this thread. I really thought this was one of those shows I really like that no one else watches and it gets canceled way too soon.

Margot + Golem = Margolem!

that picture is pure sex.

the actual trailer is boring bullshit.

>Pajeet got his hands back

Son of a bitch

I wish this shit was on a different channel so I could see that girl's tits. They look like they're perfect.

Penny is a horrible friend

There are a ton of "honest" versions of characters that will never see the light of day because they just aren't relatable to most audiences.

man i'd bust in the blonde girl over and over again given the opportunity

that's a would impregnate tier girl

>Yet another case of "nerd loser" who actually isnt a loser at all and hence has no reason to be depressed..

Depression is more than life circumstances m8.

Chemical imbalance and your life is shit from your pov even if you have a hot wife, fancy cars, smart kids. and a cushy job.

Did they show the scene where alice gives quentin a footjob while he was in fox form?

Not very hyped. I guess i shouldn't have read the books after season 1, they were a bit of a letdown (some good moments though).

Binge watched it in August and was really dissapointed with the ending. I was sure there was supposed to be another episode or something, because of how abruptly it ended. Kept checking time on the last episode thinking "10 minutes isn't nearly enough to unwind all of this".
Alice was hot as hell, especially that sideboob.
Julia pissed me the fuck off. With that dream bullshit she pulled on Quentin, making him think he was in Asylum. Spiteful bitch. And by the end she wrote this letter which showed that she didn't learn shit from her mistakes with "I can't forgive you". Good thing she wasn't as smart as she kept telling herself and got fucked (literally) in the end.
Penny was cool if a bit of an asshole.
Really looking forward to season, especially after such a cliffhanger...

I thought Eliot was fantastic. The actor stole the show as comic relief, and then was actually just as good when he got more depth.

I've got half way through the first book and feel it's a bit of a letdown as well. Do they get a bit better, or are they worth reading to see the differences?

Quentin has managed to not have a single decent friend, genuinely no one.

But in the show they prove that's not the case. Because once he finds out about magic his shit slowly starts to get in line. He gets happier, he feels he has a purpose, he gets a girlfriend. there are some stumbles but he's nowhere near that guy he was in the first episode. He even explains to his jealous cunt friend how he's finally found somewhere he belongs. How he's so much better now. This wasn't a chemical imbalance, the life had, the really good life he had, wasn't up to his standards. He wanted/needed magic for whatever reasons. Until there's an episode or some bookfag that comes along and explains yeah he or someone used magic to alter his chemical imbalance so he doesn't need meds anymore he was just a whiny bitch who real life wasn't good enough for.

>genuinely no one.
Has Elliot done something awful. I mean he might be kind of high maintenance, but he was pretty solid until he killed his one true love. And then his attitude after was kind of understandable.

Not especially, might watch it. But the first season almost gave me a headache most of the time. So it's a bunch of whiny sacks of shit who have magical powers and seemingly not one of them has any balls to do anything.

A cuck MC who whimpers around like a true magical nu-male, an angry shitsking who does shit just because, some faggot and bunch of other mostly annoying characters.

The only character which at least appeared to be interesting was suits bro in the renegade magic sect, but then again he probably will never be seen again.
You'd think given magical powers all these fucks wouldn't be so whiny, but ho think again, now they are magical whiny shits.

I just hope Fox demon bro does some more shenanigans.

No, he had more reasons to pull himself out and together, he was medicating with magic and how it was all real pretty much. But notice when he takes out his emotions and gets them back, the depression is still there in full throttle and he feels totally alone and how he hates everything even with Alice saying how much she loves him.

Both him and Alice acknowledge he's clinically depressed and he says that how he is right there is him trying to keep it together and so he needs the bottling to have any hope of using battle magic and the risk he might kill himself with the bottling but it's still the only way.

The books do get into it more. For example he cheats on Alice on a lark, ignores her and avoids her all the time by instead going out drinking and partying with Elliot and Margo/Janet after graduation where they have no idea what to do with their lives.

>they just aren't relatable to most audiences

Thats the most depressing thing I've seen since the election results.

I can't remember what he was like at the start of the season, but at the start of the book whilst being friends with Quentin there's tension between them, with Eliot's alcoholism causing problems.

Admittedly he was drunk and a wreck, but he was involved in the threesome, so I guess if you count that he wasn't a great friend.

>So it's a bunch of whiny sacks of shit who have magical powers and seemingly not one of them has any balls to do anything.
Isn't the point that magic doesn't bring happiness? You think it would let you fufill some important purpose, but there's no purpose to be found. It's so much work to learn, and it can't live up to your expectations since you can't show magic to those that don't know it exists, and research has been done by those before you. Look at how Alice's parents act - they've pretty much gone insane.

In the books I think there are magicians that get together for an orgnaised battle where they can kill freely, because it provides them with excitement they otherwise don't get. Quentin thought magic would stop him form feeling depressed, but even magic was far from what he needs.

>But notice when he takes out his emotions and gets them back, the depression is still there in full throttle and he feels totally alone and how he hates everything even with Alice saying how much she loves him.

You've got some good points for your case and I see where you're coming from and how you'd see it that way. But at the point he starts with the bottling, "magic world" isn't really all it's cracked up to be. TO ME, he's really someone that's grown up in a fantasy world. maybe he was the coolest little kid but at that point he retreated into the books and developed this belief of how the world should work where shit just comes easy to an extent. And when things get dark and aren't fairy tale or close to levels of sunshine he can't cope. Saying he's medicating with magic is like saying people medicate with family or exercise. In the context of this show it's a natural part of some people life and he finds comfort and joy in it. But fuck, by that definition maybe I'm depressed. Because life has hurdles and upsets and it seems natural to me to go to the things you love or enjoy when you're down. It's just in his case he didn't have magic growing up. And what happens after is the equivalent of a mass murderer killing your family in your home or all the friends you had at the gym. And no one has caught him and the cops pretty much drop it on you to stop him. OF COURSE HE CAN'T DEAL. And more than half the group resort to the bottle method and have the same problems Quentin does. And whether it's a coincidence or I'm projecting or whatever it's the two people in the group that arguably have had the most fucked up or least fulfilling lives that have learned how to manage their emotions naturally and learned battle magic without the crutch.

>maybe he was
*wasn't the coolest kid.

>Deconstruction

So like fantasy but with more ironic pretentiousness instead of fun. That doesn't sound like anything but a waste of time.

So much this. In the book this situation makes sense, but in the show Penny comes across as a complete prick

>Admittedly he was drunk and a wreck, but he was involved in the threesome, so I guess if you count that he wasn't a great friend.

If the worst thing your friend has ever done is have threesome with you then you have an awesome fucking friend.

>Saying he's medicating with magic is like saying people medicate with family or exercise. In the context of this show it's a natural part of some people life and he finds comfort and joy in it.

Except he's actually legitimately diagnosed as depressed. He's literally replacing his pills with being surrounded by magic thinking it'll fix his life, but it doesn't as the bottling shows

>And more than half the group resort to the bottle method and have the same problems Quentin does.

The rest do it because it's the fastest way, but each reacts differently. Elliot is depressed and drinking and drugging himself numb and continues doing that. Margo is worried because of Elliot changing like that. Alice is in love with Quentin. Pajeet reacts pretty okay to it. But none get as depressed as Quentin and have his history and risk. And how you know Quentin is seriously depressed is that even though beforehand he may seem fine from your perspective and not as fucked up as Elliot did if you believe he wasn't depressed, he becomes completely depressed and hates everything.

>most fucked up or least fulfilling lives that have learned how to manage their emotions naturally and learned battle magic without the crutch.

Those others aren't clinically depressed.

the sandnigger triggers me

Why?

because stinky sandnigger camelfucker

Historically all those crazy ass books from medieval europe originally came from arabia through spain. It only makes sense.

If you put it that way I guess you aren't wrong haha.

>complete rewriting of the characters
>dumbing down of the characters into easy TV tropes
>spending all your budget on a stupid harry potter magic chess episode

Fuck off Sci-fi.

>Except he's actually legitimately diagnosed as depressed.

>Those others aren't clinically depressed.

Yea because there was no therapist saying well have you tried actually doing magic to see if that changes things for you. He was given that diagnosis with a lack of knowledge of other possible treatments. I mean understandably, sure. To stick with my analogy, A orphan is diagnosed as depressed then his birth mother tracks him down and introduces him to his family and he finds a place he belongs and people he gets along with. They teach him things about himself he just never got before and he responds positively to it. Is he then literally replacing his pills with family, love, and acceptance.

It's entirely possible he is depressed. It kinda also seems possible he was misdiagnosed or diagnosed without knowledge of alternative treatments.

>He was given that diagnosis with a lack of knowledge of other possible treatments

Magic isn't the answer to his problems or medicine.

The bottling shows that, because if it was working, he wouldn't be depressed or talking about how the way he is is him keeping himself together

I never gave this show a shot because of the dubstep commercial. I heard it has horror elements so maybe I'll give it a go.

Is this a good show to watch if you have a zettai ryoukai fetish, because that poster is giving me a semi

This

It's like they are just throwing consistency and sense to the trash with every episode and just trying to meme their hardest into relevancy

4u

>Yet another case of "nerd loser" who actually isnt a loser at all and hence has no reason to be depressed..

You're describing 99% of Sup Forums's userbase, buddy.
Depressed only because they're too afraid to change.

post witchfu

You tell me

>Magic isn't the answer to his problems or medicine.

B-but it's magic.

But honestly, I would totally agree with that.

why did the chick purposely fuck the indian dude?

did nerd guy cheat on her?

It's fucking terrible. It tries so hard to be "ironic" and fashionable, to appeal to all the hipsters by making fun of magic and traditional concepts, and making everything about sex and partying. Cringe as fuck.

Marina is the best and only witchfu here

Because she's a spiteful, selfish cunt and Quentyn cheated on her under influence of drugs.

Yeah the fact that they used dubstep in the fucking commercial gave me that impression. Nothing but fellowkids pandering.

It's one of the major lessons from the books actually.

Quentin's always looking for something to magically lift him up and fix his life.

First it was magic being real, then Alice, then graduating, then Fillory but none of them fixed anything, he was still a depressed asshole who didn't know what to do with his life, what it meant, how to be content, or how to appreciate anything

Who is this semen demon?

It's not all about sex and partying, did you only watch the trailer?

No but I've watched the first season. It was mostly just DUDE SEX PARTYING DRUGS LMAO

>le magic gin
>le magic sex festival
>le magic sex in the air
>le magic drugs
>le magically induced orgasm with marina

Eliot is just a blatant counter to that. The whole point was that he was an alcoholic, and then later becomes depressed, resorting to drink and drugs to drown out the pain. It's not positive about it at all.

There's a spell they cast where they need to have sex to perform it, but is there even much else? And the fox scene if you want to count that.

Most other instances are portrayed in a rather negative light.

It's all over the show, those were just of the top of my head. It's like they're trying really hard to say "everything is about sex, partying, drinking and doing drugs, even if you get amazing magic that's all you'll use it for". And of course pandering to millenial shallow hedonism. It's so lame.

What are you talking about? The characters find that magic isn't what they hoped it would be, it's a disappointment that can't help them with their issues - Quentin's depression being the obvious example.

>What are you talking about?

Apparently something you need more than a single digit IQ to notice.

tl;dr they shove sex, drugs, partying and drinking everywhere to try and be hip like those wacky millenials on their facebook photos.

>IQ
>Millenials
>Facebook
You forgot 'cuck' and 'nu-male'

bump