"Death is inevitable, and yet here I am, stretching this moment as much as I can, just to see the snow one last time."

>"Death is inevitable, and yet here I am, stretching this moment as much as I can, just to see the snow one last time."

Tilda Swinton was based in the movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PdRWGMyeSYY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't the Ancient One have an immortal spirit form? Why is she so concerned about missing snow? She's now immortal on another plane of existence.

>Doesn't the Ancient One have an immortal spirit form?

No.

When the body dies so does the astral form.

Daily reminder that the reason why none of the sorcerers intervened with Chitauri/Ultron/Civil War is because the Ancient One already saw the outcome and saw that it will turn out okay, now that shes gone, Strange will now have to approach and lend a hand for future threats

The way her mouth wrinkles when she talks kept taking me out of it.

I like the part where they removed a Tibetan character because it would upset racist Chinese people but they inserted a bald granny instead so western SJWs would shut the fuck up.

Marvel are master jews. I'm constantly surprised.

Why didn't Dr Quips just turn back time to save this dumb whore?

I liked the part where she turned into Aang the last Airbender

You have to go back.

Reddit? Because I'm pretty sure that's where the MCU cocksuckers come from.

Too dangerous. Plus, it was her fate.

How is that too dangerous but turning back time on an apple isn't? They really didn't think this movie through at all.

Why didn't he just turn back time on his fingers?

>"Death is inevitable, and yet here I am, stretching this moment as much as I can, just to f*ck b*tches up until the end."

ftfy

doctor strange should win the oscar for best visual effects

Everyone dies, user. If he kept moving back, how is he supposed to move forward? Or he could end up doing something different that would land him in a worse timeline.

She'd have to die some day, plus, she accepted her death.
I can't believe they had Raimi come in and write some lines for the movie, and this is what he came up with.

Turning back time on an apple means turning it back a few minutes at most, plus it's an apple. It has no repercussions in the timestream.

Whereas when Strange tried to restore the stolen pages he created several potential paradoxes and almost broke reality. The same would happen if he saved the Ancient One or reverted time to before his hands got fucked up.

>Implying turning back time on the apple didn't create the paradox of the pieces he had eaten spontaneously reappearing on it's form

They would have to be undigested from his stomach and magically removed.

Nigga the ancient one saw that Strange would never use the gem to bring her back, everything was preordained, Strange using the time gem to bring her back would be considered as an alternate universe

But that' a negible paradox, it doesn't preclude chronal ramifications.

I Cry Evertim

tilda is one of those actors that refuses to phone it in even if she knows the product is mediocre, her performance in Constantine was great as well.

Her smiling throughout the movie weirded me out so much

she's so nice in this movie, she's my waifu, I want to cum on her bald head

Deepest lore

I had feels senpai

I'll be real honest here: that line really hit me hard. I couldn't figure out why, but then I figured it out: I'd just read an interview with Leonard Cohen where he said he was ready to die. That had made me feel a little better about his death, but then that line in that movie... it just really hit me.

How many apprentices had she fucked?

It was a genuinely sad moment in an otherwise mediocre film.
The Hospital setting, the not-young age, the hopelessness of it, and the simple line about snow echoes all deaths I've experienced.

They are in a hospital, they ask for some little thing to cheer themselves up, then they just go.

And her sadness was not because of someone's "deep love" or some weird overly dramatic concept, it was just sadness because she was dying and didn't want to die. Which is very true to life and makes sense.

this, but i thought the movie was pretty good

>that first fight with Mads where she's just kicking ass left and right
>playing off Strange's dickishness with a smile and grace
>"Have you ever seen anything like that in a gift shop?"
>Shows up during the mirror world fight and keeps kicking ass
>Faces death with dignity, willingly goes out on her own terms

She fucking made this movie, a damn shame we may not ever see her again

It was.

what the fuck is wrong with you people she was terrible
Mads and Chiwetel were the only good part of this movie

When will see a capeshit movie where the stakes aren't so high and the heroes are less obnoxious?

is the inverse also true?

you probably go potato mode

Tilda Swinton is based in every movie.

yeah, that's how strange won the astral form fight with the zealot, have you actually seen the movie?

>Shows up during the mirror world fight and keeps kicking ass
Fighting for 10 seconds and being stabbed like a dumb bitch is your definition of kicking ass?

Literally WASTED

I have, I remember that happening but I was coming back into the theater after pissing so I didn't know if he did something special for that to happen

This. I remember her being the best part of that horrible movie.

Mads was wasted though. Completely. He had that one little part where he's trying to convince Strange to come to his side. That was it. Like 3 minutes out of a 2+ hour long movie.

I still don't know why they picked him for it.

I agree about Chiwetel though. He did a pretty good job.

Mads was wasted, but he was still one of the best parts of the movie.

his character was a mishmash of other Dr. Strange villains

the problem is 90% of Dr. Strange's villains, especially evil mystics, are pissant henchmen serving a higher being or more powerful mystic

Mads' character was doomed from conception

dr strange did a good job on all the magic bullshit. I see a /x/ thread about astral projection like every other day

Ay yo for real why didn't Strange use the eye of roboto to bring Tilda back? Didn't even need to get her to a hospital.

Shit, why didn't strange just turn back to some hours before and warn them of the attack on the London sanctum?

Plebs not welcome.

He adds credence to the project. Plus he elevated that role, that scene with Strange was excellent.

I was expecting the reveal to be that she's actually just a normal person, and she just parrots the "Ancient one" myth to make her seem mystical and powerful

We got one

I hope they bring Mad's character back somehow, its the only reason i went to see the fucking film and he's barely in it

>elevated that role
Nigga pls, Mads did his best with an uninspired and basically two-dimensional character. Literally any random decent actor could have played him with no problems.
He could have played Doom in the near future when Marvel gets the Fantastic 4 rights back.
He could have played an actual villain or fucking anything.

But no, he's wasted on this forgetable mook that's not even defeated directly.

You can't know that for a fact.

>Constantine
>horrible
Kill yourself at anytime as long as it's right now

Mads isn't the right fit for Doom, he needs to be more overtly charismatic and alpha.

Mads plays a better withdrawn villain like Hannibal

>He could have played Doom in the near future when Marvel gets the Fantastic 4 rights back.

They'll never get those rights back.

Did she shave her head or is it make up?

i thought the movie was just good but that scene was fucking brilliant

Doctor Strange Scene Tiers

God Tier
>Dormammu, I've come to bargain

Good Tier
>every scene with Tilda Swinton

Cool Tier
>the action scenes

Meh Tier
>everything else

Please fucking kill me Tier
>"joke" scenes with Wang

> every main character from this universe can alter space, matter, and physics
> they still walk and run

Really, Marvel?

The "stealing books" scene was funny.

careful with that edge.

Yeah, I'll give you that. But the Beyonce scene made we want to pull a James Holmes.

This, the beyonce scene was terrible, and so was the other famous names one you can tell that was Dan Harmon's shit, but Wong listening to All the Single Ladies was funny and pretty much saved the whole thing.

He'll be a vessel for Dormammu in the sequels. Having a Galactus-sized giant with a rave for a face will look stupid in most instances, so something more reasonable will be required.

It was basically a redo of the guard listening to the Pina Colada song in Guardians of the Galaxy

Why was there lightning in a snowstorm?

That would be most dishonorabru.

Was Doctor Strange actually bad or am I just experiencing Marvel fatigue?

It was mediocre and bland, people are just too in love with Cucumberpatch, black guy w/dumb name, Tilda and Mads to be honest. Doctor Strange had less personality than any other Marvel hero to date aside from Black Widow, and it was basically just a less good remake of Iron Man 1. The only saving grace was the exceptional visuals.

lads the universe is in danger and its up to you to stop the villain. you can have one sidekick out of

>Hulk
>Doctor Strange
>Scarlet Witch (no she wont do anything sexual with you)
>Vision
>Thor
>Ant Man

just a reminder of what they are capable of

>Hulk is invulnerable and only gets stronger the angrier he gets.
>Strange can control time and space, can fuck with dimensions, instant shields
>Scarlet can control minds, control beings and objects with her Psychic powers
>Vision can go completely transparent, shapeshift and has technopathy.
>Thor can control the forces nature, super strength, and his Mjolnir shenanigans
>Ant Man can go tiny, can go large if needed and has his subatomic abilities

Who is the villain?

I want to do sexual things with vision though

a villain that can do literally anything idk, but you have plot and your sidekick.

>youtube.com/watch?v=PdRWGMyeSYY

Doctor Strange is nerfed as fuck.

Tilda Swinton?!?
I thought that was an old Chinese actor.

He was a rookie the whole movie and literally stood toe to toe and out smarted the most powerful being in the MCU thus far.

No way you can call him nerfed. Thats perfectly fine for his first outing so they can do more later. Thor is who we need to complain about.

She knew it was her time to die. Every possible future and outcome she tried always led her to the same fate. She finally accepted her death.

So yes he could have broken the natural law again to save her but she didn't want him to.

Try comparing him to classic Strange who was a walking deus ex machina

Hulk Tier:
>Anything with the cape

Was it even snowing? I don't recall seeing snow in that scene.

Maybe I was too focused on the sky cracking.

Nothing in MCU has really been based off classical incarnations purely so no need for him to be that OP. Probably wouldn't be possible to do a movie like that.

They really needed to show the passage of time better. So apparently this movie starts between Iron Man and Iron Man 2 but yet we absolutely do not feel that.

fucking this

disclaimer: i have not seen this movie

>mfw everybody left the theater after the dumb Ragnarok teaser and missed Mordo's reveal

Unironically hyped for part 2. I hope he grows the beard for it.

The Ragnarok teaser is like the Civil War teaser in Ant-man, it's not just a stinger, it's a full on scene from a future film.

>So apparently this movie starts between Iron Man and Iron Man 2
Source: Your ass

>starts between Iron Man and Iron Man 2

>Strange has a 2016 award in his apartment
>The Avengers Tower is clearly seen

I don't get this meme

You got the quote wrong, but yes she was.

my eyes welled up a bit at that part user

It was her fate. She did use the gem or her special power to see all her futures and she prolonged it as long as she could. She said all the timelines she saw led her to that moment.

The "35 year old patient with a broken back" was a reference to one of Justin Hammer's goons.

It mystifies me every time I see people leaving a Marvel movie as soon as the credits start to roll. It makes me want to shout, "There's more. There's always fucking more."

This
Events take place in 2016, so at most, the greater part of a year has gone by.

No, it wasn't.

the true god tier is every scene with rachel in it

I liked it when Strange stole the books tho.