What would you say is the most accessible Swans album? What is the least accessible?

What would you say is the most accessible Swans album? What is the least accessible?

Do you like Swans?

Yes, I love Swans. Why?

Stop talking about them, and just listen to the music. Why would you even care to ask questions about "accessibility"?

I've heard their entire discography dude, why are you having such an autism attack? I was just trying to start a discussion.

The Burning World maybe

>I was just trying to start a discussion.
Why? Do you not understand their discography? What is there to discuss? Do you actually have autism?
I don't think Swans is really for you; you seem too weak.

The least accessible would definetly be Soundtracks for the Blind. It was my first Swans record and boy was that a mistake because I hated it. If this album wouldn't be so highly praised on this board I wouldn't give it a second chance and probably didn't even bother to listen to their other records. Fortunetly I did and all the other Swans albums helped me understand it. I still have a few problems with it though (its so fucking long and Jarboe tracks are insufferable).
As for the most accessible it's probably Annihilator, Burning World or My Father Will Guide.

yeah, I had the exact same experience with SftB. I started with it and hated it, but later listened to The Seer, To Be Kind, The Glowing Man, and Filth and returned to it and loved it.

>being this edgy

jesus christ user

it must suck to be you user
put some pillows around that edge dude

Most accessible: The Burning World (still a great album)
Least accessible: Cop (Possibly SFTB, but I love that album while I could never get into Cop)

Burning World's their most accessible. Least is probably Soundtracks, though any of the 2 hour albums could be contenders I suppose.

Weirdly enough, this is probably the Swans album I personally have the hardest time yet, not because it's harsh on the ears but because it's so damn samey throughout. It's one 5-6 minute post punk monolith after another, and while there's nothing wrong with any individual song I find it a herculean effort to sit through the whole thing at once and stay awake.

CRAWLING IN MY CRAWL

it's really strange to me that I've seen so many people rank Cop and Filth as some of their least accessible, I really liked them both right away while stuff like The Seer and To Be Kind took me longer.

This. If you're already into noise rock Cop and Filth are instantly appealing.

The Swans EP is surprisingly accessible, relative to their other releases of course.

YOU SHOULD BE VIOLATED

I fell in love with it instantly and never think that it was hard to listen to. In my opinion The Seer/To Be Kind/The Glowing Man much less accessible.

lol what a faggot

based

>Jarboe tracks are insufferable
Was my first Swans album. I fucking LOVE all tracks with Jarboe on them, they're miles ahead of the rest (still great)

Filth is the most accesible

jesus fuck dude

I like Filth, it's just that Cop is so sludgy and samey throughout that I find it hard to sit through. I guess there's such a thing as too punishing.

filth was my way in coming from a metal and punk background mostly, then listened to children of god and my love for them just built

most accessible: Great Annihilator because I actually like that one

t. Michael Gira

>I don't think Swans is really for you; you seem too weak.

Holy shit

> Most

White light or Burning World

> Least

The Glowing Man or Soundtracks

>Do you like Swans?
>Yes, I love Swans.
>Stop talking about them.
this is the most Sup Forums interaction to ever happen