ITT: Fun Facts

ITT: Fun Facts

>Fun Fact:
The summit of Mt. Everest is littered with over 200 corpses.

Attached: Dead-bodies-on-Everest.jpg (632x426, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ea9voMN4pAM
imgur.com/gallery/4UJj0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
youtube.com/watch?v=WaIoXN-7FjM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One of which seems to have died flogging the bishop!

That's Rob Hall. Died leading an expedition to Mt everest.

Fun fact he spoke to his wife while he slowly froze to death a good man.

Jon krakauer went on the expedition he wrote a book good read.

It's extremely dangerous to remove the bodies from the summit, as it's difficult to move them. They stay relatively preserved in the harsh frozen conditions.

Attached: corpse.jpg (526x390, 28K)

That wasn't a guy. Go to the 1:40 mark of the video, and watch up to 2:26. That corpse was a woman named Hannelore Schmatz.

youtube.com/watch?v=ea9voMN4pAM

Woman broke her leg husband lefther to vet he vanished as well she asked ppl for help but they left her to die

This is Green Boots (clever nickname I know). They use him as a milestone of sorts. Depending on the snow conditions, sometimes people have to step over him to continue on the trail.

Attached: Green_Boots.jpg (1200x900, 202K)

Damn that shit is cold

In every sense of the word

Attached: 1377345408515.png (851x363, 490K)

Green boots went missing in 2014. No one knows for sure what happened to him, but most believe people were tired of him being something of a tourist attraction and either moved him or pushed his body over the edge. No one has ever claimed responsibility for his disappearance.

It probably takes a lot courage to move a dead body, doesn't it? I wouldn't want to touch one, even if "protected" by the outer layer of their jacket or coat.

Yeah you don't sound like the type to even make the climb in the first place if you get whimpy over corpses

fun fact the corpses are used as navigational aids
> you need to go hard right at green boots or if you see red shirt you are almost to the dead zone get o2 ready

I confess that I wouldn't bother climbing Mount Everest. Do frozen corpses still smell, though?

>Do frozen corpses still smell, though?
Smell comes from decay. Decay doesn't happen when things are frozen. The microbes and shit that cause decay are frozen too - can't do their work eating up flesh.

No, those frozen fuckers wouldn't smell. Maybe very slightly when it warms up near 32 F.

Dat'd be me dude!

If I bothered my fat ass to climb up Everest, I’d bring a pistol of some sort.

Dosent have to be very big or powerful, but if I knew I was at the top of Everest and fucked, I would just commit sudoku and get it over and done with. Nones going to fucking save you up there.

Sounds pretty metal.

seppuku

>The summit of Mt. Everest is littered with over 200 corpses.
>SUMMIT
"No one knows exactly how many bodies remain on Mount Everest today, but there are certainly more than 200. Climbers and Sherpas lie tucked into crevasses, buried under avalanche snow and exposed on catchment basin slopes"
>I think not

Attached: 1468305285307.gif (240x180, 2M)

That's not fun at all. Think about their families and friends

Why? The climbers didn't.
Some of them have absolutely no business climbing that mountain. Pic related.

Attached: d8add8acaf62de8c979054823886f5fd.jpg (670x504, 261K)

>A FUCKING LEAF
my sides

Attached: 1476744694176.gif (500x375, 966K)

Attached: e1b66add64af59a1bc2313d5e83a1216.jpg (447x447, 84K)

>going up cold mountain
>better use muh leafy flag as blanket
Canada u so funneh

That's obviously placed by others after he passed

Pics of tits please.

imgur.com/gallery/4UJj0

Just check that out if you are dense enough to got problems with reading a book. Lots of pictures in that link, and not a lot of text.

This silly goose got himself stuck in a crevice and died

Attached: hEqLy6T.jpg (1280x720, 234K)

200 corpses is outdated info, it's gotta be nearing 300 soon.

FeelsAmazingMan

Attached: everest.jpg (553x800, 67K)

All clustered at the "summit" I'm sure
reading comprehension
>try it

Attached: 1473558427333.gif (320x362, 1.95M)

That freaks me out just looking at the graphic

She...

Shah-Klorfine had booked a climb with Utmost Adventure Trekking, which was a new guiding company.[2][3] Neither she nor the guide firm had much climbing experience.[4] The leader of the guide firm said he had asked her not to try to summit on that day, and previously warned her she was a below-average climber.[3] However, another guide firm said she was not given enough bottled oxygen.[3] - Wikipedia

everytime i see this, i wince

>had to break his legs to rescue him

Attached: 67Eq73H.png (575x758, 653K)

>Johnny are you there? Johnny? Stop giving me the cold shoulder you dick.

Attached: amazing-pictures-of-dead-bodies-on-mount-everest-everest-explore-everest-on-deviantart-pictures-of-d (426x350, 20K)

"On 5 November 1983 at 4:00 a.m., while drilling in the Frigg gas field in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea, four divers were in a decompression chamber system attached by a trunk (a short passage) to a diving bell on the rig. The divers were Edwin Coward (British, 35 years old), Roy Lucas (British, 38), Bjorn Giæver Bergersen (Norwegian, 29) and Truls Hellevik (Norwegian, 34). They were assisted by two dive tenders, Crammond and Saunders.

Hellevik was about to close the door between the chamber system and the trunk when the chamber explosively decompressed from a pressure of nine atmospheres to one atmosphere. One of the tenders, 32-year-old William Crammond of Great Britain, and all four of the divers were killed instantly; the other tender, Saunders, was severely injured."

Attached: CmhuVFb.jpg (1325x800, 344K)

Plenty of other beautiful climbs that don't involve high risk of death. I think these people are stupid.

FUCK YEAH, BYFORD DOLPHIN

Yes, and Isucceeded at, even though you failed to notice it. Maybe it's now your turn to try it, user.

Actual climber here.... Uhm... no not really. You get to a point on these fucking trips where the weather is so bad and hostile there is no way you can call for medical help, and if you try to help out someone who can't move - you are going to die also. I mean these places are so hard to reach that is why the bodies are still there.

A lot of times you wont even see them because they will be covered with snow - but sometimes when you can they are basically used as a trail marker.

>Fun fact

If you want to actually climb Everest today - it is going to cost you at the bare minimum 20,000$$. The influx of people wanting to climb in the past 20 years has gone up a lot, and guides are not cheap anymore.

Attached: 1530453_644750585560812_1245810636_n.jpg (650x650, 69K)

I read somewhere that he would have died from the shock of having his legs broken so they didn't risk it. They later agreed to wall off the area with his corpse

> $20,000 to kill yourself
well if you're going to go out you might as well do it looking like a burns victim

Im going to open an oxygen tank store just below the death zone.

We both rolled dub 7s btw...

So they dint reacue the guy?

Nah

They ended up just leaving his body in there, as a sort of grave. It is now blocked off. He may either have mummified or skeletonized, by now.

Attached: JohnJonesCave.jpg (720x960, 157K)

looks like a child stuck in a niggers ass

thats the same way alligators survive frozen lakes, kinda.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

I just looked this up, watched a utube vid. Oh, and I'm claustrophobic. No fucking way. But, I'm also thinking, what a fucking dumbass. What a total fucking dumbass. Enter a tunnel you can only go forward in becuase it's too small to turn around...

Darwin award to that dumbass.

Frogs eat their skin after they shed it

wow user, that's…
ribbeting…

Popp like Popcorn

So does your mom

Attached: 1520539658827.jpg (480x480, 24K)

Spiders are able to travel high distances by creating a web to catch the wind.
So when you happen to feel one of those webs out on a walk, chances are it's dangling somewhere from your body.

You wouldn't be from the USA by any chance would you?

Oh Canada !

It is beyond me as to what the attraction is to doing things like this. Discovering a tiny part of a cave that nobody except potholers care about doesn't seem like a good enough reason to die.

Anyone into this shit and want to explain why?

Toadally!

lol
>Imma go climb Everest
>Better bring a gun because constitution and terrorists

this is the video about it

youtube.com/watch?v=WaIoXN-7FjM

If someone freezes like that coyldnt it be possible to unfreeze them? Or is that just certain animals lol

Thats not him though

Measuring from wrist to elbow is the same length as your foot.

Attached: 1521125443214-b.gif (320x240, 1.73M)

Fun Fact:
Stephen Hawking once hosted a party for time travelers. He sent out an open invitation the day after it happened.

Attached: 22536d7ed4d9c3027b65785476d85e4e.jpg (382x480, 67K)

Who went to the party?

I haven't yet.

You isnt invited only famous ppl lol

Why does he look like he died fapping?

That’s a woman who died.

Fun Fact. Some fans picked pockets of victims
Some fans urinated on the cops
Liverpool fans viciously attacked rescue workers as they tried to revive victims

Attached: 96.png (742x464, 893K)

Just another day in muslim Europe

So why not bring them down instead of taking pictures ffs

And make history! People will use your desecrated corpse for generations to come to guide their way home

You should be the first person to stick a flag in your ass when you die

I wish someone would build a bunker near the top and execute these rich fucks when they get up there.

Not the Sherpa's though....maybe even let them shoot a few rounds into the assholes.

Because you can barely carry yourself and your equipment at such high altitudes by that point, how the fuck you gonna carry a frozen block as well? You'll end up dead ice as the blokes up there dude, no thanks.

>I found who was behind of it

Attached: 06aybwe3vg3j2543957000000.jpg (488x574, 27K)

spot the ameritard

So you trying to say you would leave a friend behind? Ditch their equipment and take him down with you arm over the shoulder ?

so why is SHE fapping?

>not fapping before you die

fuck off normie

Scousefag here.

Hillsborough has become almost a taboo word in Liverpool. You can't speak your mind about it at all. You have to go along with the majority attitude that it was the police's fault or you would be hated by everyone. Bricks through your window hated.

Now I'm not saying it wasn't the police's fault. But I can guarantee to you that there are cunts, in their 50s and 60s now, who were at the back, pushing. And laughing and thinking it was a good fucking time.

Yeah, they didn't know what was going on at the front, but they'd never admit to being one of the 3000+ at the back who were pushing.

They'll just say that they were there and how much of a tragedy it is.

I fucking hate scousers.

I thought we were talking about the corspes...
Anyways idk, if it was a very close friend or a family member I would.

Gllty is way better

Attached: leah-gllty-hayes-competing-at-final-round-18.jpg (1600x1067, 198K)

whoops wrong thread

>Fun Fact:

traps are gay

Attached: traps are gay.jpg (1007x572, 78K)

Who's TR and what's wrong with his rapping?

I believe every word of that. I've heard rumours all along.

somebody grab his fucking wallet!

You would die while trying to help your friend.

Attached: 1476398514009.jpg (633x589, 86K)

Friend as in in best friend who is kinda like a brother even if we rubbed benises once or twice, or friend as in online stranger I just met and replied to his post?
Cuz if it's the later I'm sorry bro but it was nice meeting you...

No matter who you would try to rescue, brother or a stranger, the outcome would be the same.

even the bear looks fucked up