Is current year man right? Did the media simply not censor Trump enough?

Is current year man right? Did the media simply not censor Trump enough?

I mean, sometimes they even aired his WHOLE speeches.

youtube.com/watch?v=KtY5H3suPtM

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1479078133033.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1479121404356.webm
is.Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=UiWY0iRLV94
youtube.com/watch?v=_BJItHuZCG8
youtu.be/-rSDUsMwakI?t=870
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're not even hiding their shit anymore.

Salty as fuck and really misleading. Propaganda at its finest

can anyone explain the reasoning behind this point? Not enough censoring is an issue? That can't be it

>there are still people who don't think John Oliver was on the Clinton payroll.

That's what he's saying. He's basically saying Trump won because he was allowed to make his voice heard. So next time, don't make his voice heard.

What year is it?

nah, I actually he did it all for free.

>i hate democracy and equal representation

He's more similar to Hitler than people claim Trump is

It's not so much that they didn't censor Trump but more that they fell right into his trap. Even though the Trump campaign didn't spend nearly as much as Hillary's in regards to exposure, the value of both their exposure more or less was equal due to the sheer amount of free press Trump got.

So what ended up happening was that every time Trump held a rally, the mainstream media would air it just so they could comment on what was just said.

He literally goes on about how social media had misleading news and then shills for CNN and other mainstream news sources. It's actually hilarious how much of a hypocrite he is

Trump was smarter than anyone in the press. They belittled him. They treated him like some dumb aristocrat who is out of touch. While in truth, he expected them to wage war on him so he could claim absolute victory.

This is why I think Trump is going to be a decent president. The man outmaneuevered fucking everyone in a Machievallian game.

He also talks about clickbait and then uses a buzzfeed source to explain it. This comedy can't write itself

learned literally nothing, smug liberals can keep ridiculing the conservatives in the media and see what it gets them the next election

>I mean, sometimes they even aired his WHOLE speeches.

OMG I CAN'T EVEN!

Why didn't they edit and splice them with Hitler audio?

CNN, I'm disappointed in your efforts to support the oppressive white male patriarchy!

>Liberals want to censor the media
really makes you want to build that wall doesn't it?

His point was that they aired the speeches in their entirety without fact checking or commentary on how retarded they were. He wasn't saying "don't air his speeches," he was saying "air his speeches but make sure to point out all of the stupid things he says, otherwise it's free positive publicity."

I think it's a bit more like:

>They gave Trump all this free advertisement because it was controversial, even if it was just a local thing
>At the same time, they barely reported on Clinton rallies, except on the biggest ones

It kind of has a point, but the solution that "Don't show him" is bullshit. If anything, their job is to show both of them, not neither.

>text message at the end

fuck off Sup Forums

really made me think...

it's true in the sense that they aired Trump shit 24/7 and kept talking about what he said due to ratings, instead of trying to call Trump out on his bs rhetoric and constant lies

>censor Trump enough

There used to be concepts on public broadcasts like the Fairness Doctrine & Equal-time rule. This was before shit spewing right wing radio propagandists

Yes. It is the media's job to do that

Tabloid journalism needs to be supported. Stop thinking for yourself America, let us think for you.

Trump made CNN his bitch and by the time they realized it was too late.

that's funny. There's a reason almost no one showed up for Clinton's rallies, she's uninteresting. Trump had so many rallies filled to the brim with people.

>instead of trying to call Trump out on his bs rhetoric and constant lies
That's what they did for a whole year, to the point where they fabricated quotes he never said and then debunked those aswell. He had the entire media establishment against him. And then this Brit fuck is saying the media wasn't shitty enough on him.

Yes, it is the media's job to fact check. For example, it is the media's job to say that building a gigantic wall across our southern border is not economically feasible, as trump just admitted yesterday when he said that "some" parts would be fences.

Ideally, the media would step in and keep the american people from getting bamboozled.

I don't know if they should've focused less on him specifically, but they definitely should've given other candidates, who were less flamboyant and so less entertaining, more air time.
But American news is all about the ratings, right?

They did plenty of "political fact checks" and most of them were basically just about twisting Trump quotes into lies and then portraying Hillary as the bringer of truth. I don't have the Politifact images. Someone probably does.

Search your heart, you know it to be true Sup Forums

kek'd

This. It's literally play or be played, and Trump won.

>stealing your jokes from the evil Sup Forums racists

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1479078133033.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1479121404356.webm

Good going there liberals.

The media has said all those things you did and more. They also lied about Trump saying he supported the KKK and refused to fact check Hillary. Good job libshit. It doesn't apply then right?

Trump was the velociraptor, and the media was the straya cunt. The whole time, they thought they were stalking easy prey, only to be out fucking skilled.

>1 minute in
>IT'S 2016
No, stop.

>liberals thought they could outbantz the king of bantz

is.Sup Forums.org/wsg/1478831433651.webm

>This is why I think Trump is going to be a decent president.
You're a dumbass. A shooter will never hit his target if he isn't even looking at it. Trump and his retarded supporters lack an understanding of modern economics and that's why the economy isn't going to improve while he's running things.

Trump designed it, sure, but his rallies were still "news", he was the frontrunner long before Iowa

LMFAO
HE ACTUALLY STOLE FROM Sup Forums

>literally blowing up the current year

The absolute madman

You're an embarrassment.

Nice trips

Have 26mins of the best salty kebab I've ever had
youtube.com/watch?v=UiWY0iRLV94

And some high energy drink to wash it down
youtube.com/watch?v=_BJItHuZCG8

Errr, the Curb music meme was created by Seinfeld2000 account (modar, Kram, Gerge, Jery etc), which is conveniently ran by John Oliver's team.

>WAH I'M A RACIST BIGOT AGAINST WHITES AND CHRISTIANS EVERY SINGLE FUCKING NIGHT OF MY SHOW

I-IT'S REALLY THE REPUBLICANS THAT ARE RACIST!

What he was doing was blatently obvious. Only retards were the journalists who wanted to see if they could get some sort of reality tv thing to happen while covering his rallies. It's the white bronco going doing the street all over again.

I think it was Washington Post that once "fact-checked" Trump when he said immigration was bad for America by replying with "immigration is actually great for America so this is 100% false".

Ah yes. The modern economics of racking up more debt than the past several presidents combined. The modern economics of losing jobs to globalism. The modern economics of more people on welfare than before.

>For example, it is the media's job to say that building a gigantic wall across our southern border is not economically feasible,

This is the problem with the left and "facts", which they desperately tried to meme this election ("go to hillaryclinton.com to get all the facts and factcheck in real time!" t. Hillary Clinton at a fucking presidential debate)

Except your facts aren't really facts, they're just opinions, and it's very easy to play rhetorical or numerical games with things like statistics.

A wall is absolutely economically feasible, expensive, but feasible.

>Media
>News
Pick one

When did I say what we have now is good?

Best part is that he spelled this all out in his book that nobody in le enlightened pundit class bothered to read

We all understand that she lost because she was an absolute piss poor candidate right?

ffs the guy she was running against was trying to lose and he still won by a landslide

Walter Cronkite is dead, the media today are networks that exist to sell a product, a narrative. They're no different than Cartoon Network in the respect they tailor their programming to a specific segment of society and tell folks what they want to hear.

Who was it that said "Trump's supporters take him seriously but not literally, the media takes Trump literally but not seriously"?

"We" might, but based on every leftwing outlet, comment section and forum I've read? Nope, they just didn't shout "racist" enough

>desperately tried to meme this election
>God Emperor Trump
>Kek wills it
>memes
All sides were meming. Some for the lulz, most for propaganda purposes. The shameful part and the real take away from all this is people using social media to get their news. Echo chambers are the best tools for Divide and conquer strats.

This guy gets it.

Krugman is probably the dumbest person ever to win a nobel price. Like 40% of all 4channers are smarter than him.

I doubt Trump read it himself. Tony Schwartz wrote the whole thing.

>didn't watch the video
>takes the title at face value
>literally thinks Oliver was talking about censorship, not fact-checking Trump

You guys live in some bizzarro world, huh?

checked. kek wills it

>le fact checking meme

Let people do their own research. 3rd party fact checkers are always biased.

>partisan media
The big news channels were in the bag for her. They really need to get that DNC stick out of their ass and perhaps do some deep throat style reporting on the other side.

He was just butthurt that Trump didn't hire him for future books

It was weird that he presented himself as the guy who knew everything about Trump but also claimed to have barely consulted him when he wrote the art of the deal

Read the thread. The media did fact-check Trump. To the point where they fabricated quotes and then fact-checked those. And the fact-checking most always boiled down to "I disagree so you're a liar" anyways.

>he admits he didn't watch the video at all
>he missed the part where right-leaning networks even called out Trump on his bullshit

Here's my absolute favourite

This exactly. Oliver's point was this, but he conveyed like a 12 year old.

Also, are the Trump supporters on Sup Forums genuine, or just shitposting as usual? If genuine, as a non-US bloke, can you explain why you support him (beyond just make meric great!).

Fox News hated Trump because he's not an establishment baby boomer appealing candidate. This is old news, bruh.

Here, I'll help you out, watch for 30 seconds at the time I marked, just copy paste and watch it. youtu.be/-rSDUsMwakI?t=870

Maybe both sides didn't do enough. Instead they let pundits and known Super PAC surrogates talk on their shows to get shekels and ratings.

OH SHI-

I can only imagine the fat sweaty hambeast running this shitshow.

>make America great again
>again
>not appealing to baby boomers

???

>vote for "outsider" as a fuck you to the "establishment"
>outsider immediately fills his cabinet with neocons and corporate consultants like every other republican
How does it feel to be played Trump cucks?

Who was Reagan appealing to when he originally used the slogan?

Content is not available in my country.

Does this disprove the notion that the media did in fact religiously fact-check Trump to the point where he was marked as a liar simply for disagreeing with them?

Shit like this needs to stop. I wonder if trannies fool themselves or not. LIke does Bailey identify as she when walking around? and he when fucking? Or just he-she's it up?

>Trump fills his cabinet with nobodies
>OMG THIS GUY DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT HE'S DOING

>Trump fills his cabinet with seasoned politicians
>OMG THIS GUY IS JUST ESTABLISHMENT ALL OVER AGAIN

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. He's balancing both.

>they contact Hillary's office, they actually give politifact their source, it turns out the number is correct but it refers to the 2013 average, which makes her statement a half truth
>they contact Trump's office, no source is given because they literally pulled it out their asses, the numbers are outright wrong, it makes his statement completely false.

Seems reasonable.

Difference being he said he'd "drain the swamp" and clear Washington out of all the establishment politicos - not appoint them to his fucking cabinet.

He's saying Trump is president BECAUSE the media kept giving him attention, at first purely as a curiosity and a novelty. Look at the funny orange billionare! He thinks he can be president, how droll!
And then Trump took that free publicity and ran with it.

It's not about censorship, it's about feeding the trolls.
That's rule number one of the internet. The most ignored rule. "Don't feed the trolls".
Well, we all, collectively, as a nation completely forgot that rule, and now Pumpkin Spice Hitler is our new president.

just kill yourself, reddit

The specific portion of the video I'm linking to shows MSNBC calling out Trump on his falsehood that the person that charged his stage at one of his rally had connections to ISIS, to which Trump responds, "What do I know about it? All I know is what's on the internet."

Then Bill O'Reily on Fox News called him out on a fake statistics Trump retweeted saying "Whites killed by blacks is 81%." To which Trump responds "Bill, am I going to check every statistics? I get millions and millions."

Again, he would have lost either way because liberals are faggots.

It is ABSOLUTELY the media's job to do that, yes.
The media is SUPPOSED to present both sides of an issue and allow the viewer to make their own opinions.

They DON'T, but they're supposed to.

>All media in America shilled Hillary non-stop
>Probably took bribes as well
>Trump supporters don't watch Television. Believed in Trump because he spoke to them like equals
>"But guys clearly the media was Trump biased"

>He's saying Trump is president BECAUSE the media kept giving him attention, at first purely as a curiosity and a novelty. Look at the funny orange billionare! He thinks he can be president, how droll!

Trump shot up in the polls almost immediately after the mexican rapists speech, this idea that he was "invented" by the media is pure fiction. Not to mention he was a celebrity long before then.

>and now Pumpkin Spice Hitler is our new president

XD

In a few more years, 30 is my cut off.
But there's no reason to get angry because I actually went and read the articles and the reasons why they came to those decisions, and didn't just blindly take an image posted on Sup Forums as fact.

Maybe if John Oliver had just one pikagram of insight, he'd know his kind is to blame for politics turning into entertainment. Or is he still pretending those college kids listening to him do it just for the laughs and not because they're too easily bored by regular news?

This is cancer pointing fingers at cancer asking it to be less cancerous. All Trump did was use the liberals tactics against them. Want to turn politics into entertainment? Well that was right up his alley. And he was far smarter about it than the smug liberal talkshow hosts who fell right into his traps.

He's definitely right about it. You guys gave Trump a lot of free press too. It's kind of silly. I mean, do you guys genuinely respect this man or are you so engrossed in the concept of trolling that you simply don't care about the consequences anymore
it's like as long as someone gets irritated you think it's worthwhile
this system of doing things is going to collapse pretty spectacularly. and if it doesn't, then fuck it, i'm already living in some nightmarish version of reality anyway, who fuckin cares anymore. just trying to warn you if you're not already aware of what you're actually doing. listen or don't, it "literally" doesn't matter anymore

The guy that charged trump did make overtures to islamic terrorism on his twitter page which he later said were just pranks bro

I'm a libcuck, but I fucking hate TYT, so seeing this meltdown is making me very happy.

>he thinks he's educated on the topics because /r/politics spoonfed him huffpo and nytimes articles

lmao just break the law and end it now, f@m

your life has nothing worth keeping

Sanders 2020

So according to you, evil neocons are the only kind of capable people that exist. No good, honest non corporate scum politicians and advisers exist.

Clinton "all but won the presidency", but I canhardly remember seeing any of her rallies or speeches on tv.

> i'm already living in some nightmarish version of reality anyway, who fuckin cares anymore

You're right, you should probably just kill yourself now