2017 really didn't have any great albums that will be remembered for years did it?

2017 really didn't have any great albums that will be remembered for years did it?

>best album of the year is a live version of a 2 year old album

Other than DG dropping Steroids its been a pretty boring and disappointing year. Hopefully the new Bork album is a masterpiece though.

Of those 5, I definitely think ACLAM, DAMN, and SATURATION II will be remembered down the line.

DAMN will be remembered for a while, but I don't mean that in a good way

mean to reply to OP

Worst music era for White people
Imagine that you need to be pathetic and cringe to be in the tops.
Jesus Christ. I least i have Internet so i could choose what to listen to..

Damn might be the worst album I’ve heard in a while

I'll remember the album that I released this year for the rest of my life.

That's true, compare with 2007.

Why so much rap at the top, though? Seriously, there's nothing interesting or innovative about rap, it all sounds the same, except maybe Shabazz Palaces

2007 was the peak of internet culture in general.

2007 was a fantastic year desu

can't fucking wait for twin peaks fever to die down, it's beyond insufferable

you seem to know a lot about music

um try again sweetie

>I listen to all this modern mumble rap, therefore I know a lot about music

Okay...

wow you guys are wholly retarded

there's literally not one mumble rap album in the top 40 for 2017 on rym

welcome to Sup Forums

These are all crazy overrated.

this isn't even the correct list of best music of 2017

i hate myself

David Kanaga - Operaism.
More unique than Books - Thought for Food or OPN - Garden of Delete in terms of sound collage / plunderphonics typeshit.

Klein - Tommy
...the best project released on Hyperdub. Period.

There's 2 for ya

WHITE
GUILTY
is affecting now music more than ever

Flower Boy was okay but wouldn't be so high on a good year

Western society has finally gotten over the white men meme, and now all you white boys are crying about it. Critics and reviewers have come back around to what was already known by looking at the roots of popular music, and that is that blacks and women make the best music. If you can't accept this fact it is you and your opinion which will be forgotten in years to come.

>ooga booga bullshit
>dead grabs

great music indeed

2017 has pic related, so there's at least one album that'll be remembered fondly years down the line

>refuses to diversify his music tastes from rock
how sad your life must be.

t. gamete

t. works at retail

>running out of insults after one (1) post

Narkopop, Hiss Spun, World Eater and both the Caretaker albums this year were all great. I'd agree that none of the huge releases this year have been anything particularly memorable but there's still been great albums.

Holy reddit

>diversity
>black person
>black person
>black person
>not a single representative of arabic, middle asian, far east asian, or some other exotic descent
>but hey white people are losing so it's a winner lol
Thanks America.

white people are two busy fighting who's less racist to worry about making music

Gay

Shame that it's going to be shit on from here on out.

10/10 perfect end to a perfect band.

Get your pedo shit out of here

this. it was a crap year overall. some good releases but not many.

aclam sure, but damn and both saturations will be forgotten in at least 2 years from now

i get the joke but the cuphead soundtrack isn't bad
it's a great way to get average people into jazz and big band

2017 has been a wonderful year for music. Your bitch ass is just too stubborn to accept it

>listening to pedo butt rock

music sucks, get over it

Only low t numales hate this.

Saturation 2 and DAMN. are both hot garbage, but I thought A Crow Looked at Me and Flower Boy were at least above average. Besides those, Slowdive's s/t and Steroids will probably be remembered fondly.

we've been spoiled by 2016

>inb4 somebody posts "The ooz"
sory but it's shit, 4/10

good but not 10/10 (both album and band)

>complains about lack of diversity in taste but all of his favorite albums from this year are hip-hop

NO IDIOT HOW ABOUT WE MAKE SOME GOOD MUSIC INSTEAD OF BLAMING SJWS FOR EVERYTHING

ive listened to 2 of those and have zero desire to listen to the rest

this. the mix of poptimism and white guilt is insane

Dedicated to Bobby Jameson. It's an infectious retro pop masterpiece

>1st album is literally a FUCKING SOUND TRACK dumb pedo shit
>second album is literally about black pride
>third album is about a winy dude about his dead wife muh depression
>tyler i dont even know about that satire gay?
wtf

SWJ have a huge impact in our youngs minds. Why would someone be racist? I think is okay, duh, but this is too much.

That is literally all hip hop you retard

it was actually my first experience with Brand New, and I loved it. Probably my second favourite album of the year, after The OOZ.
The Kurt Vile & Courtney Barnett collab was neat too

Glad to see Twin Peaks at the top, incredible soundtrack. I can't think of anything else released this year that I give a damn about.

This is gibberish. Try again.

>this went down to 65th

Why?

There's no doubt that music "journalism" is infected out the ass with anti-white SJW sentiment, but that doesn't change the fact that there aren't many great white bands like there were a decade ago.

I can imagine this mongoloid in the 50s, thinking people listen to jazz because of white guilt

It really looks that way because you're always listening to the same artists.

remember the beginning of the year when the top 3 was fucking mouth moods, lil ugly mane, and the death of pablo lmfao

More like two thousand and soy-ven
(Not that 2017 is any better)

Its been an okay year for hip hop, lots of big name disappointments though.

I think ACLAM will mostly be remembered for its context, DAMN because it's Kendrick, and Saturations I & II because Brockhampton have been garnering lots of critical acclaim and exposure in the hip hop world

nigga stfu baka bruh

the ooz is a fucking amazing album but it won't be remembered unfortunaely

2017 is a shit year

>Nog are you insane

I was old enough to live though that and remember it. Trash year period. Not counting archival releases/boxsets, 6 or 7 good albums

2016 was filled with nearly a dozen of albums that will be remembered in decades time

>I was old enough to live through that
I can tell because you can't even greentext right. The internet is better than what it was when you were a youngin, good shit from any period is easier to find.

>t. psuedo

I'm 23

Everything I've said stands.

No, it was a good year, you're just misinformed. All of these below are good

LCD Soundsystem - American Dream
Susanne Sundfor - Music for People in Trouble
Gas - Narkopop
Aldous Harding - Party
Bing & Ruth - No Home of the Mind
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Luciferian Towers
Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - The Kid
Deradoorian - Eternal Recurrence
James Holden - The Animal Spirits
Blanck Mass - World Eater
Four Tet - New Energy
Bibio - Phantom Brickworks
Moses Sumney - Aromanticism

I don't really like DAMN. but isn't it regarded as a good album outside of Sup Forums? My only reference is Fantano because I have no friends

who told you to think and the bedwetter project were massive disappointments, and grime is shit

the post rock bandwagon is gone
now that GYBE! fucked it up,the whole scene is pure underground,even if a literally who band innovated the genre

can't think of much else that stuck with me

This was really underrated, but then again it didn't get much press as it's a solo album by the lead singer of a fairly obscure band.

Those albums will be forgotten within a few months. Why the fuck isn't anything memorable or lasting anymore?

not like Sup Forums will ever care about Blis though

This was the year to be into video games, just so many stellar titles that came out this year all that in any other year would be GOTY contenders. So to balance things out the universe had to music this year a bit on the bland side. Next year though will be one of the best years for music in a long time, it's going to be the toughest time you've had deciding on an album of the year in a while because there's going to be so many great options to choose from, I can just feel it in my bones.

>few months
twin peaks is already like 25 years old though

Well that sucks considering I haven't been into video games for almost 2 years. (Computer took a shit and haven't been assed/too cheap to save up)

None of these are about a 7/10.

name one good vidya gem this year besides DIVOS2

>tfw I always find my AOTY after said year has passed

This actually.

I still enjoyed it, I'm not going to stop liking something cause the lead singer has done questionable shit.

pleb fantano drone

Posts like these put the level of discourse here in the red.

Cuphead

>Twin Peaks at the top
Fuck yeah.

What are talking about, fool? What are you favorite releases this year then?

SMO and BoTW

are you*
your*