Ok /b, i was talking in class today with a friend of mine when we enter the Transgender subject...

Ok /b, i was talking in class today with a friend of mine when we enter the Transgender subject. I said that Transgender was a mental ilness (gender identity disorder) and this other guy listening to us went BERSERK. Start calling me a small minded limited, prejudiced, saying i am ignorant, that i have to study more etc.

I made the mistake of trying to calm him down with arguments and telling him to stop attacking me (My mistake was beeing on the defensive the whole time) and the guy was getting louder and louder to the point where veryone could hear and started to look at me (Since i was the one beeing call shit). I got nervous and was not able to fight back properly since everytime i tried to explain why i believe it is a mental ilness he would get even more Berserk.

So /B. I need your help
Tell me why Transgender are mental Ilness or why they are not and PLEASE, use scientific arguments so i can use them if this shit ever happen again

>TLD/ Transgender is mental ilness or not? Explain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aDAU3SPYFsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes being trans is a disease however there is a cure, that is to transition to the gender you identify with.

I read texts saying that even after the cirurgical procedure most pacients felt satisfied with their bodies but their minds were still unstable

You cannot change XX into XY or vice versa, no matter how hard you try. Sure there are extremely small portions of the human population suffering from defects or have XXY, etc. but as a base we are born with biological designators which come with physical features that identify the sex we belong to. It's as simple as that, trying to deny the XX or XY you were born with is absolutely delusional.

>Sup Forums
wrong place. sage

Much like curing anorexia with liposuction or curing schizophrenia with listening to the voices.

>gender is a social construct
>you can be born in the wrong body

The can't even decide so there is no use arguing with them. It's natural when it's most convenient to push the agenda and it's an illness when it's most convenient.

So if they say it's not a mental disorder then we shouldn't have to fucking pay for their surgeries.

>/b
Wrong place, but right question

You're right that there is a cure, but you're wrong about what it is.

If Sex and Gender are different things

Then the government can discriminate against trans as Title IV of the Civil Rights Act they like to bring up specifically says you can't discriminate based on Sex.

>allowing people to follow their delusions
Spotted the trans

just point out that his efforts of grandstanding is a valid argument.

It's such a tiring semantic debate. I don't know why it matters whether its considered a mental illness or not.

OP here, i know some of you think that i should have just walked away because is it not worth it but the point is that I WANT TO WIN.

But this guy just went full angry and i am not used to that so i got nervous and stuck myself on an always defending position. Thats why i need arguments, to make sure this shit never happen again, to make sure next time i can win in front of everyone

CTRL C CTRL V much

Punch him in the neck

>/b
>/B
>TLD/
Fuck off newfag.

>expecting a rational debate with the mentally ill

Watch this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=aDAU3SPYFsA

People want to create this ideal that they're born in the wrong body, when you could be the biggest tomboy ever and still be a girl. It's a person's personality. Cutting off a dick or growing one is just going to waste your money.

So yea, they're mentally ill and need help.

>thinks wanting to be a girl is a mental illness and not the normal state of being for most people

Being a girl is objectively better. How is it anything other than a rational decision?

I canĀ“t, he is gay, therefore he have a "Get out of jail" free card and I, male, heterossexual, white, middle class (AKA the scum of this earth) have not

The proper reaction to such 'beserk' behavior is to sneer, smirk and patronise, I think. Where appropriate, repeat their vapid insults right back at them.