m.youtube.com/watch?v=p4RBHCsLLI8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=p48updMMi-8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pKxrJ4KD18k
youtube.com/watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0
youtube.com/watch?v=tWaSYnSrh_8
youtube.com/watch?v=NgIurHvLavY
youtube.com/watch?v=b_zf9Ug1ePU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anyone who makes heavy-ish rock that isn't metal gets labeled as "butt rock" or similar insult. not to get political, butindie distanced itself away from aggressive white male behavior hard in the last decade. it's also part of a feminized culture as a whole.

I have some theories, but they would result in Sup Forums invading Sup Forums and none of us want that.

When GG Allin died

GG Allin is a disgusting pig. Would hate to be at a concert of his. Don't want poop on me.

listen to QOTSA faggot

Their last album was weak

Stoner rock is striving pretty hard in the 'underground'. Not really mainstream, though

Nice cherrypicking
Rock also went from this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rCoGkMlfz9I
To this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=p4RBHCsLLI8
We can all play this game, the best thing to do is accept that society shifted focus and harder stuff got pushed back underground
Another counter example
Music then FROM THE SAME ALBUM (one of my favorite albums of all time)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=p48updMMi-8
Music now
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pKxrJ4KD18k
sure it was 2009 but the point still stands
People loved the fuck out of mellon collie because the scene was ready for it. Things changed, if mellon collie came out today nobody would care except for the fact that the smashing pumpkins made yet another album

im sorry but how are you gonna post bait like this but use smashing pumpkins as an example of rock with balls

>How did we go from this
>youtube.com/watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0
Half that album was acoustic shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=tWaSYnSrh_8

You are retarded

Capitalism

>smashing pumpkins
>not numales

everyone has been a numale, since nero died. so just embrace it. have you tried peggin? it's great!

this desu

Yes this is correct and what I came here to say, it was indie rock.

I'd say death to indie rock but it's already dead.

The only way out of this is through making real rock and roll that is unabashedly masculine again.

but then it becomes buttrock and jackasses in leather trousers and lyrics about jack daniels.

theres gotta be a way tho for rock music.

Faggot music journos who got their jobs through nepotism and you idiots still read.

Stop reading them and listen to rock music, let the critic apparatus wither and die.

>The only way out of this is through making real rock and roll that is unabashedly masculine again.
k, now what

I blame indie folk

>listen to an essential nu-male band
hashtag noTHANKYOU.

start listening to trve-male metal
youtube.com/watch?v=NgIurHvLavY

youtube.com/watch?v=b_zf9Ug1ePU

>thinking leather pants are bad
You're ingrained with this insipid mentality because rock and roll has become filled with spoiled airheads coasting on masculinity without the intellect to back it.

For example Jim Morrison was a prick but his arrogance and pseudo intellectual mysterious charm is what made him a cultural figure.

A rock and roll frontman is supposed to be intelligent, charismatic, with a Byronic character and a sense of humor. You're not supposed to be the good guy, you're supposed to be wicked and unrepentant and more clever than your fans and critics.

You can thank this guy for ruining everything

[citation needed]

leather pants are stupid

Get lost, Christgau.

when the early 2000s died

Opinion really, but quite beside the point, the point is to dress eccentric, even flamboyant, but to have a mercilessly domineering personality, that's what all these replaceable frontmen lack these days, they lack moxie.

>how did we go from cringy shit to otherwise cringy shit
idk user, it's almost like people are idiots

Christgau was the original pansy critic. A fucking nerd gatekeeper of the worst sort. The sort of fucking slime whose self-indulgent trash isn't even fit to line a birdcage with.

Actual rock stars write books because they have literary talent unlike these wish washy poser critics.

>Christgau was the original pansy critic. A fucking nerd gatekeeper of the worst sort. The sort of fucking slime whose self-indulgent trash isn't even fit to line a birdcage with.
He shit on Journey and Styx so he wasn't totally without redeeming value. :^)

For the most part he has trash taste but his best reviews are one liners. I hate how pitchfork slackers write, their thoughts are lazy while Christgau simply shits out a simple insult and huffs the stench.