Best death grips album?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm3781835/bio
youtube.com/watch?v=susTeQpgR9k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Recording_Registry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

niggas on the moon
thread closed

Who was the guy from Interview? Have a name?
I love every DG release but put No Love Deep Web above all.

Steroids

The uninstall button

This

Jenny Death or Exmilitary

death grips is a shit meme
the only album that is passable for the ears is bottomless pit

First album best album

Found the answer to my question

imdb.com/name/nm3781835/bio

anyone remember this?

youtube.com/watch?v=susTeQpgR9k

dog

Bottomless Pit is the only passable album? What about ‘Hot Head’ or ‘Giving Bad People Good Ideas’ those tracks are basically unlistenable

Yessir. Zach released that as a farewell to his friend once she passed away.

not too dirty, not too clean.

Exmilitary is the only album where Ride straight up sounds like an insane homeless man just yelling into the mic so I'm going with that. NLDW is also very good.

this

Heh, nothing matters man, just do what feels good. Take the gripspill. Bitch life means nothing so do whatever the fuck you want. It doesn't matter if you have a family or kids or whatever, just do what feels good. Kids are a pain in the ass so try to avoid that but definitely have alot of random sex, do drugs, go gay, live free. Oh and that relationship you're in? Psh. who cares? It's just a silly social construct, it means nothing, so your gf or wife? She should be able to fuck whoever she wants too because feeling good is good enough. Dopamine = good. Gripspill = good.
Nothing means anything so why care about anything :)

o shit i feel it

exmilitary is clearly best but powers that b is clear #2

DG is one of the most consistently good bands of the decade. Some albums are definitely worse than others, but they're all enjoyable.

fucking ALL OF THEM

NOTM and Steroids are near perfect.

?????????????????????????

>tfw Death Grips is a genuine good band but the majority of fans are autists who just drive people away

if dubs their next album is called "Fuck"

if dubs it will be called CUM

this desu

if trips death grips won't release the album and break up for real this time

it'll be self titled because they couldn't think of anything

>giving bad people good ideas
>unlistenable
Found the top 40 troglodyte

But they already released a self-titled.

I've realised that for all people cite TMS as some sort of pop album, the real one for the normies is Exmil. There are a surprising amount of people who 'like Death Grips' but, when they elaborate, reveal they only really care about ExM because they like singing along to Takyon or something. The truly heavy stuff in DG's later discography isn't quite obvious enough for them.

I feel like I'm in the minority, but I think Exmilitary is their best project. Their sound and stefan's vocals are best utilized on it.
exmilitary's problem in that sense is that people know it because of the intro, guillotine, and takyon. but i think exmilitary is their most exhilarating album if you listen to it start to finish at a high volume.

this

How do we get NotM the artistic recognition it has always deserved?

the majority of fans dont listen to very much challenging (i guess that word fits) music so they think that everything death grips does is groundbreaking or "the most intense thing ive ever heard" and fantano likes them so it's just a fucking circlejerk

get it added to this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Recording_Registry

Up My Sleeves is the only opener they've done that rivals Beware.

>While the first side of The Powers That B is musically interesting, it fails to grab my attention compositionally. Unlike the expertly and classically composed tracks that appeared on the band’s utter masterpiece The Money Store, or the harsh and well-produced sounds of NO LOVE DEEP WEB, Niggas on the Moon is only comprised of manipulated sounds with lead vocalist MC Ride viciously spitting nonsensical lines over them. And unlike the group’s older, more classic material, there’s just no primal energy or exciting climaxes in any of these eight songs. Instead, you’re just hearing the sounds of a band fucking around with no purpose or aesthetic at all. Everything just feels so muddled compositionally and never really reaches a true level playing field.

>Once again, it’s sonically impressive but that doesn’t automatically make it great. There’s really nothing to get excited about here, and tracks like “Billy Not Really” and "Fuck Me Out" are completely directionless whilst Ride sounds as confused and meaningless as ever. There’s a certain staying power to Death Grips’ music. A power that unleashes primal rage. But here, everything just feels so lazily made and chopped and screwed in such a unnecessary manner.

>Unless this first side is supposed to represent a certain theme of the upcoming album, I don’t see much of an excuse for this disc to sound like such a broken record. It seems as though on every track Death Grips takes these manipulated sounds and they experiment with them in the most monotonous ways imaginable. At least Government Plates had some moments on it where it was somewhat catchy and rhythmically interesting throughout. Niggas on the Moon, on the other hand, is just pitiful. Honestly, if someone else released this and not Death Grips, no one would give a damn.

up my sleeves more like in my ass

the money store

NLDW or Fashion Week.

Good to see Fashion Week get some love. Runway J, A, and H (the first one) are some of the best tracks DG ever released.

I love both of those songs, but if someone thinks that Bottomless Pit is the most listenable album in Death Grips catalogue, even though, those are two of their more abraisive tracks

Ex-military

the best death grips album is still shitty as fuck

Yeah, which is kind of incredible considering how prolific they are.
Didn't they break up a couple years ago and then release like 3 records in the following 18 months?

They released TMS and NLDW in the same year. Shit was nuts, especially the way they leaked No Love.

Steroids > NOTM > Scum with Boundaries >>>> Everything else

Great answers. I really love Bottomless Pitt it's so much fun.

Exmilitary
Favorite song has to be On GP though

Jenny Death

UMS > glass breaks > CUAGM > GBPGI > Get Got > Beware

How would you rank JD songs?

tl;dr
take the pill, take your life.
own it and do as you see fit with it.

fuck all that 'it's just a social construct' bullshit

kek'd at glass breaks

this tbqh

agree

>I just came here from pol and I'm still a little worked up hehe

I won't rank em but I know On GP is my favorite and the bangers are I Break Mirrors With My Face, Turned Off, Why a Bitch Gotta Lie and anything else that makes me wanna do cocaine.

I agree with you user. Exmilitary is unbeatable in terms of sonic variety and ride is so fucking dynamic on that album. I also just like the overall ethos of it, it's sorta conscious hip hop in disguise.

Exmil->TMS->NLDW is still their best run in my mind. So much progression between those three albums, sonically and conceptually

>Bottomless Pit is better than Exmilitary and Jenny Death
I mean there's a few good tracks but no
Steroids>Bottomless Pit even

NLDW, NotM, and BP are only okay

Other tracks > Powers that B > Death Grips 2.0
I do think On GP is overrated, though. Ride had great emotional moments on that song, but I think it needed better, more emotional delivery overall.

where's your OC at

No Love Deep Web 2 when?

Jenny Death > Bodyguard > Exmilitary > Steroids > GP = TMS > NotM > NLDW

>"Fuck Me Out"
Is a metaphor for exerting your artistic self

This, I'd put NLDW up there as well just purely for that stripped back atmosphere

now now billy

the fuck is up with that guy's face? he looks like a doll, or a cyborg. that's some real uncanny valley stuff

>that guy who /threads his own posts

Gonna have to go with NLDW. Every aspect of it's great and the mood it sets compliments the album a lot.

this desu

The Powers That B, no question
Picking between NOTM and Jenny Death is hard tho

no love is my favorite

I think nldw fight me

niglets on da mun

all of them are amazing, but my personal opinion

notm
exmilitary/steroids (if u count this as a album)
nldw
gov plates/jenny deat/the money store
bottomless pit
their ep
interview
fashion week

exmilitary

Nothing else has come close

I don't get this picture.

Either No Love Deep Web or The Money Store.

Sorry, meant to quote OP.

wich ever album you dislike the most

this

Exmilitary, Niggas on the moon and steroids are their top 3.

brown people in outer space