What songs would you say help you with your anxiety or depression...

What songs would you say help you with your anxiety or depression? I have been making a playlist to help me sleep at night. I found In Love With a Ghost recently and their sound is so peaceful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0XZJ5mD6nSU
youtube.com/watch?v=VZwcmJIYKu4
youtube.com/watch?v=qEI1_oGPQr0
billowobservatory.bandcamp.com/album/billow-observatory
youtu.be/FsUxq9XQzlI
flau.bandcamp.com/album/butterfly-case
youtube.com/watch?v=n-C3WXTblio
youtube.com/watch?v=Cmv4unRga40
youtube.com/watch?v=LGvSBzYY8BU
youtube.com/watch?v=0Mz-jqoz-kw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sufjan Stevens no doubt. Definetly music you can fall asleep to.
I'd also reccomend Aurora and James Blunt.

yellow swans going places

youtube.com/watch?v=0XZJ5mD6nSU
Forgot to post link.

>yellow swans going places
What nightmare fuel is this?

what the void after death will sound like after you undoubtedly kill yourself

>what songs would you say help you with your anxiety or depression?

If music can help you with mental illness, it's not real mental illness. Therapy, diet, and exercise actually helps you

Well sometimes a nice drink and some relaxing sounds can at the very least be soothing to oneself.

STOP MASTURBATING

Joanna Newsom - Ys
Tegan and Sara - The Con
Ween - Quebec

You could say that about anyone, but that's not medicine or anything that actually helps mental illness. That's like saying a hot shower helps mental illness

this.

youtube.com/watch?v=VZwcmJIYKu4

youtube.com/watch?v=qEI1_oGPQr0

billowobservatory.bandcamp.com/album/billow-observatory

Fair enough my friend. You make some good points.

This is kind of flawed thinking. I personally know from experience that certain things like film and music have made me feel less lonely, more sane, and more stable. You're right that in the long term it will not cure clinically depressed people. But it can absolutely help stave off bad things in the short term.

Like I get it, music helps stress. I remember having a mental breakdown, I put on some Sigur Ros, took some fucking drugs, and I felt like a million bucks. But I still work on nipping it in the bud

Sure. I think music and art cleanses the soul, but I think that you have to work really hard to get better. I need drugs or to run on the treadmill before I listen to music. Even listening to Vespertine can feel like the most stressful thing in the world to me

And that lasted for 36 hours too, and it helped me a whole lot. I fell asleep for like 18 hours on a wednesday afternoon

I got you dude. I listen to this album when I'm having an anxiety attack.

youtu.be/FsUxq9XQzlI

The opening and closing tracks especially, musically and lyrically. But the rest of the album is necessary for the full journey to complete itself. If you can listen to this entire album without feeling reborn by the end of it then I don't know what to say.

>. I need drugs or to run on the treadmill before I listen to music
What do you take?

Everything is daunting to me so I understand.

Would you say music can help you sleep? Or put you in a place where you feel like you can?

Real anxiety causes your perception of time to get so fucked you cant even listen to music.

I take Zarontin and Luvox

flau.bandcamp.com/album/butterfly-case
kinda sounds like in love with a ghost

What music do you like when you are chilling user?

but varg, I wouldnt nut during No Nut November

Not me personally. It usually helps me stay awake. I got into a car crash a few days ago partially because I didn't have the aid of music to keep me awake.

Something escapist. In other words, something that helps me forget that life is terrible and that I'm an asshole. It's not healthy - in fact it probably reinforces my negative thinking since music = pleasure - but fuck it I don't care lol

A few chill tracks I listen to to help me chill:
youtube.com/watch?v=n-C3WXTblio
youtube.com/watch?v=Cmv4unRga40
youtube.com/watch?v=LGvSBzYY8BU
youtube.com/watch?v=0Mz-jqoz-kw

I hope you alright, do you have any injuries?

Nah, it was minor, but yeah, music does have significant psychological impact. Heck, my therapist has directly told me that sensory input such as music has proven therapeutic benefits.

It's just that listening to The Con on repeat isn't going to pull me or anybody else out of it.