Make Comedy Great Again?

Can we just discuss how shitty comedy is now?

Comedians are going to get a free pass for the next four years cause all they have to do is "HURR DURR TRUMP IS RACIST HAHA" and people will eat this shit right up cause it validates their feelings.

I'm sick of this shit. It may have actually been funny and clever during the Bush years but its stale as fuck now. Why don't we see more conservative comedians? Not even necessary conservative just something different, I just need a breath of fresh air.

How do we make comedy great again? I'm not forward to hearing about poorly written Trump jokes for years. I've been hearing them already for the past 18 months.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xnw8JRpXdAc
youtu.be/Z3PP_SWHUQQ
youtu.be/gWZJwMALvmM?t=526
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CBS fucked up by not having Colbert go on right after Dave left, viewers went to either Jimmy by then. Anyway, the format's stale, as a cord cutter i don't care to watch a live show w/ 25 mins of commercials every night.

Daily show dude is awful, just clunky and sucks the humor out of the material.

Maher is based but triggers neo/tv/. Dave was a legend.

aren't those all literally shitty late night show hosts?

why are you looking to them for comedy? their job is to keep old people that pretend to be hip and young people who need their opinions fed to them up until 2am

Where's Craig furgeson?

Trump is a racist and so are most of the Sup Forumstards who voted for him

remember when Sup Forums use hate SJW's for being unable to laugh at themselves, taking everything too seriously, criticizing media just because it triggered them on some tiny issue, and demanding equal time for their views?

that's you guys now

>you guys

A reality tv host is going to be president, there is no bigger comedy than reality.

Leave Conan out of this.

Conan>the rest.

I like Trump, but Conan managed to make his point against in a fun way. His Trump-bot skit was great.

I mean when you hear the same jokes for the past 12 years it gets a little annoying

Sup Forums isn't us or Sup Forums
OP is definitely not "us" either if he actually watches late night trash

Agreed. The only thing worth watching is the highlights they have on youtube. I watched Colbert on CBS for the first several weeks he was on and it was just very unfunny and too liberal for me

after trump won he had a skit where trump supporters were still so angry about everything that they literally had to be gassed to death

this was when the anti-trump riots were in full-swing

I don't necessarily watch these people but I do know they tend to dominate the comedy industry

>meh tier
Conan
Fallon

>trying too hard tier
Noah

>not even a comedy show anymore tier
Bee
Current Year

>ruined by primetime tier
Colbert

>reads jokes off cue cards and struggles during interviews tier
Guess who

>cancelled tier
Wilmore

Give Sam Hyde one of these set-ups and let him go nuts, make it into an anti-comedy thing or a lampoon of this kind of comedy like what Colbert did to Bill O'Reiley types with the Colbert Report

OP its just American comedy that is shit

You need a good show like HIGNFY.

GOP, get used to being the butt of jokes. You won the presidency, that doesn't entitle you to no criticism.

>it's a conservatives can be funny episode

Maybe once upon a time.

He also gassed a Hillary supporter earlier in the show.

>after trump won he had a skit where trump supporters were so angry about everything that they literally had to be gassed to death

kek

GAS THE JOKES
GAG WAR NOW

>dominate
Haha no. Their ratings are sinking, it's very much a dying program format. People just watch clips of their shows on YouTube, which isn't nearly getting them as much money as it used to before.

Fuck off nigger. OP is right. All the late night hosts are liberal shills screaming "literally hitler!!" It's been the same fucking routine since Bush.

Pic related is what is going to be considered comedy from now on.

> You won the presidency, that doesn't entitle you to no criticism.

Coulda fooled me

late night shows are a dying format

i imagine this is the last round of them

Talking about gassing is just innately funny

Yeah, Obama received zero criticism his president right?

From comedy shows? Yes.

they just need to accept that no one cares about their political opinions

You need to watch more TV.

Bee, Wilmore, Oliver, and Noah are what happens when political comedy becomes about getting applause over laughter. The point isn't to be funny, it's to get viraled on Salon and Buzzfeed with headlines like "(insert host) DESTROYS (insert holder of conservative opinion) in ONE Sentence."

Stewart used to do it to FOX News sometimes when they would actually do some dumb contradictory shit, and it worked well in small doses. They've all just taken cues from that to get as much viewership / clicks as possible.

I'm pretty sure Oliver has a whole team of people doing research on issues that aren't really relevant so they can find a new group of people to call on their shit each week, even though it's not important. Viewers love feeling like they are morally superior and these people give them a new direction to point fingers each week.

As for the other hosts, they are left leaning, sure, but aside from this recent election season they mostly just stick with celeb worship and inoffensive monologues.

No thanks

Comedy writers during the Obama administration were so desperate for a target they went after an irrelevant mayor of an irrelevant country

I miss him soo much.

This is what bias looks like. Enjoy 4 years of being butthurt because people are making fun of the fucking president.

inb4 "that's because obama had no scandals"

That's not the point. Comedy is liberal safe haven and it's getting stale. I don't mind GOP being the butt of jokes but the same jokes over and over again. For Christ's sake the left has gonna fucking crazy they need some comedic criticism.

Motherfucker I WISHED they were making fun of Obama

As a Canadian, the amount of time spent on Rob Ford was RIDICULOUS

Who's butthurt?

Liberals should welcome some humour and comedic critique, it might force a little introspection

post some videos of them making fun of obama. I'll wait.

>when we will get a comedian who validates MY feelings

Echo-chamber leftist "comedy" designed to stir up hate and animosity towards the white majority of citizens in order to enrich and empower a few elite scumbags.

I don't watch that shit.

Genuinely tempted to frame this picture even though it'd look fucking weird

Give Norm and Chappelle their own shows. Fixed.

>As a Canadian, the amount of time spent on Rob Ford was RIDICULOUS

Your mayor smoked fucking crack. How do the jokes not write themselves?

Why are you pretending that this uneducated, contrarian board isn't going to be liberal within two to three years?

Conan is based.

>Fallon in the same category as Conan
I'm not saying Conan is amazing, but there isn't a faker/more scripted piece of shit on tv than Fallon

everybody smokes crack, he just got caught

>talking shit about Conan

As long as SJWs are a thing Sup Forums will always be on the right

>every canadian smokes crack

This makes more sense than it should.

Too bad really. The past year would have been perfect to poke some fun at the liberals.

Based Norm wrecking the Clintons in the 90s: youtu.be/Xnw8JRpXdAc

>waaahh the media is gonna make fun of my crush even though he won.

There are youtubers right now who are making bank going after irrelevant SJW turds and their stupid antics

Are we going to pretend that the left hasn't jumped the shark and there isn't mega material there? Hillary was a walking punchline

The mayor of Washington DC did as well yet nobody seems to remember that

Yeah but he was a democrat

Did you even read the post? OP is saying the same jokes have been done over and over again. During Bush, it was clever and funny. They completely ignored Obama cause he can do no wrong. They still went after the GOP. That was funnier in Obama's early years. Now it's old. The same jokes will be repeated over and over again. Hating on a group of people can be funny for so long. Their material is getting stale. They need to change it up.

The older you get, the more you realize that emotional, in your face histrionics don't work. This election is the younger end of the spectrum's first taste. They will learn, then come back with a little more tempered, inclusive approach and the unchecked Republicans will become "the establishment." And this board, if it still exists, will rail against it.

EVERYTHING practical stays the same. Only the issues change. People in this country have continually proven to be dummies who don't learn from their predecessors EVER.

fucking kek the hypocrisy

yeah that's how I started watching Alex Jones tbqh senpai

>this is why Trump is going to get a second term

>The older you get, the more you realize that emotional, in your face histrionics don't work. This election is the younger end of the spectrum's first taste. They will learn, then come back with a little more tempered, inclusive approach and the unchecked Republicans will become "the establishment." And this board, if it still exists, will rail against it.

Except the people writing and doing the histrionics right now are in their mid-30s and above

>SJWs publicly call for people's heads, attack and shame people for wrong think, have completely infected political discourse/the mainstream media/the arts, and any criticism of this means you're just as bad as they are

Hi, shill.

>don't have the presidency
>be the butt of all the jokes

>have the presidency
>still be the butt of all the jokes

There's no liberal bias in the media guys!

wow you right wing faggots really are the most triggered cunts on the planet

Fuck the cunt in the top right. Everyone on the daily show who wasn't Jon Stewart or Rob Riggle fucking sucks. But I bet Reddit will gladly defend her just because her and her husband were lucky enough to fill in time while the star takes a piss break.

Post five clips of Obama being criticized by comedy shows.

there is so much but they don't want to get associated with anything

caitlyn jenner's car crash was brazenly ignored by all of these comedians that pick on the slightest fault of any S.W.M. or conservative

Marion Berry was a constantly recurring joke in the early 90s, youngfags.

God I miss Norm

>Enjoy 4 years of being butthurt because people are making fun of the fucking president.
Yeah I'm sure the people shouting "RACIST!" every time someone criticized Obamas choice in tie weren't butthurt at all, what a radical change that will be.

Back when SNL wasn't a political cuck of the democratic party....

We're so triggered that we're able to see unfunny shilling in mainstream comedy.

I wish I wasn't so easily triggered so I could once again be blind to the machinations of zombie leftist retards.

Also calling Clinton a murderer on the View. The man was truly fearless.

youtu.be/Z3PP_SWHUQQ

>lose an election
>protest against the concept of elections
Yes it's the conservatives who are triggered.

I've been seeing that logic passed around a lot recently. I don't even get it. People who lie and ostracize all up and down the place and have a stranglehold on the media are as bad as the people calling them out of their bullshit? Makes about as much sense as any of the other logic sjws employ.

>start calling rigged and special pleading before the election even happened
no matter how retarded the dems get, Trump still beats them with his childish "I'll only accept the results if I win" bullshit

If you haven't noticed yet the favorite argument of lefties is false equivalency, I think it's a result of having their own political party be so absolutely god awful and at odds with it's own base that they absolutely have to fixate on their merits relative to the republicans to convince themselves they're not being completely swindled and that mindset just bleeds over into everything else.

Don't hate them; pity them.

It's a shame Bill Burr has no interest in politics

youtu.be/gWZJwMALvmM?t=526

Right...after the election. I'm talking about what turned so many people off leading up to the election. The majority of the younger end were exhorting assholes (like opposite end of the spectrum stormfags) and they didn't turn up at the polls at all because Bernie Sanders didn't win the nomination. They will come back older, wiser and more organized.

Nah they'll just keep calling you racist

Yeah much less childish to demand the electoral college be abolished and start rioting in the streets because you lost an election, that's truly the actions of a mature person.

Also the election was rigged, did you not see the media coverage? Are you not aware of what was going on in the democratic primary, did Debbie Wasserman-Shultz just step down so she could spend more time shitposting on Sup Forums or something? This election was dodgy as shit and Trump was just giving voice that to fear because nobody else would say it, not even Bernie who got fucked over.

>I was watching Hillary with her voice
>"AAAAHHHH RAAAHHH BAAAAA BAAAA BAAAAAAAA"

trump is a racist

If you're watching those in the picture, you're not watching comedy. Come on now.

>People who lie and ostracize all up and down the place and have a stranglehold on the media are as bad as the people calling them out of their bullshit?
yes, because they use the exact same retarded tactics and identity politics.

5 years ago we were laughing at SJW's for being triggered faggots who couldn't watch a TV show without complaining about how it depicted women and we hated them for using social media to bully and harass people and reading nothing but buzzfeed and huffpo propaganda.
Now the alt-right does the exact same thing. Go into any actual tv or film discussion and whenever a non-white character comes on, people start screaming about how it's oppressing them. And between the election, Ghostbusters, and the Star Wars "boycott" it's obvious the alt-right is using twitter and social media just as much to get their retarded message across.
And as for the lying, Sup Forums spent the last two weeks making completely bullshit memes claiming Hillary wanted to draft women for a war against Russia and was a pagan satanist who ate food made from period blood.

It's the exact same shit with the labels switched. If you wanted to criticize SJW's you should have stuck to doing so from a position above them, staying out of the identity politics and culture war and going after their disgusting way of thinking and methods. By jumping down in the muck with them and doing the same things you've lost the moral high ground

Why are people who are interested in this sort of thing so dumb?

That logic needs to be called out each and everytime though. I don't trust the idiot masses to realize what the shills are trying to do.

They did. It's called MDE.

>won the election
>still bitching about it being rigged
this is a new level of triggered. The dems may be sore losers, but it takes a special talent to win and still cling onto your victim complex and complain about how you were cheated

>Sup Forums spent the last two weeks making completely bullshit memes claiming Hillary wanted to draft women for a war against Russia and was a pagan satanist who ate food made from period blood.

But she did want a war with russia (at least according to the people who'd actually have to put in place the syria no fly zone) and if she's for equality why wouldn't she want women drafted? Are you saying she's a sexist? 'The idea that Hillary wanted war with Russia wasn't a "meme" at all, stop being so disconnected from reality and maybe you won't keep on losing elections.

Some network should take advantage of this alt-right momentum and throw in a center-right comedian. I guess FOX is the only network that would risk doing it but I think it'd be huge. Ben if they weren't funny they'd get all of the Trumpfags on board

>And as for the lying, Sup Forums spent the last two weeks making completely bullshit memes claiming Hillary wanted to draft women for a war against Russia and was a pagan satanist who ate food made from period blood.

It gives me endless joy to know that someone was triggered by that

Not me, friendo. Not racist and I don't have a dog in the fight. I've just seen enough of them to realize that the system will never change in our lifetimes. This is all just Aristocracy fanfare with arbitrary ebbs and flows. The "people" are too complacent to ever affect real change. Trump is an empty vessel who's going to bend the knee. Bookmark it.

Huh. It's almost as if they never really cared about any of that stuff in the first place.

So are you going to tell me the media's coverage of this election was completely fair and honest? Are you just going to deny outright what happened in the democratic primary?

Enjoy 8 years of Trump dickhead, you deserve it.

The difference is that Sup Forums doesn't control the media