What does Sup Forums think of Graffiti

What does Sup Forums think of Graffiti
Art or just Waste of money and time.

Attached: gdg3453.jpg (1226x500, 168K)

at least the kids got something to do

Both, I used to be a graffiti writer, it’s a waste of time money and if you get arrested life opportunities, but the times I spent smoking weed with my friends and painting in crazy spots are memories i’ll never forget...feels bad I just draw now

Attached: 44F74150-C26A-4A4B-939A-F89CE4F6FCDB.png (640x1136, 644K)

hahah What about adults >? I know a guy in his 40s who still does it

What was good about it ? Gaining reputation or just doing something with friends ?

Attached: 1266584006228.jpg (2272x1704, 581K)

probably a pedo out for sprayer kid butt

Everybody including my past arts classes and the media in general are accepting of it

In my opinion however I think it’s fucking retarded, costs people money, takes effort to clean up, often looks bad (and when it does look good, it is usually removed of anyway and the effort is invalidated) makes building owners look bad, and gets people into trouble. Nothing about it is worth anything to anyone.

Retiring this year tbh
Had a ten year run

a waste of time because most of it is faggots just scrawling tag shit in white or black

I liked that I could be apart of another world, i’d meet other writers at a local writer hangout, and it would look like an abandoned park regular people wouldn’t look twice, but you’d talk with graffiti writers from all over my country they’d give you some tips when your young and throw your name up, felt nice to be apart of something and having a crew with your boy’s where you could go round and fuck shit up was also appealing as a young teen, must have snuck out my house every other night

the ones that are actual art can be really nice, we had a viaduct in my small home town with a bunch of weird cartoon people and stuff drawn on the inside which nobody had anything against
but fuck those who just spray their name or tag, that shit is just ugly and retarded

Yeah im referring to my OP related pic not just tagging and that

Fucking world these days. I know none of you grew up in the 90s so I know you won't understand but writing skating and trouble was my life then. No safe spaces , no bully blogs and no trans poly I identify as .... Bullshit .. we breeding a nation of pussies. I got jumped picked on beat up by cops and fucked with everyday cause I skated and hung out in graf crowds.
Made me a man .. a man with a good job wife house and two kids who I hope to God I have to pick up from the pricipals office a couple times a year.. fuck this pussy world..

Even good pieces are only really appreciated by certain people.

im 30 mate i was born in the 80s

Lol I grew up in England it was like that in the 2000s, skating graffiti only became cool then, then I watched it die around me when I was 17

you can
>be apart of another world
just by locking yourself into your bedroom

>felt nice to be apart of something
you could like, throw away some personal junk for that. it's a lot cheaper.

Skating never died, its just a faze people go through like BMX etc everyone wants to be a professional but its really not achievable unless you never stop doing it and even then it is not a sure thing

It was big here in the states before that. But now kids are just pussies hiding their face in the phone or the computer not doing shit. I'd rather my sons were lil trouble makers than that shit

>none of you grew up in the 90s
thank god, imagine if there were so many kids on here. it would be a riot.

I hear you , i totally agree but being in your 30-40-50s and still painting (not paid or professionally) is just degenerate i think

Yeah I remember all my friends convinced they’d make it skateboarding

you should put that on a t shirt and wear it to a show.

Maybe it starts with how you parent them, I grew up around he internet my parents just didn’t buy me a laptop or a phone and told me to go outside and come back in the evening, just wonder the streets with my friend holding sticks and using them to chop down dead thin trees...good times, also hid a ‘fighting’ stick near my front garden

kek

I was the same as a kid i went out in the morning and would only come home for food and sleep. Everyday was an adventure did skateboarding and graffitting as a teen, guess some people grow out of it and some dont

>actual art
great

>random half fucked tagging trash
shit

Way better than the corporate shit that litters the landscape..

>So, I found who was behind of it...

Attached: 9ih887fvigso2543230000000.jpg (473x525, 26K)

Yeah did you ever notice people doing skating and graffiti that were in their 20’s I remember at the time thinking they were the coolest on earth, then as you get older

I was into graf when i was in middle school, used to climb out the window at night and go smoke cigs and tag shit by myself. Never got hard into it cause i couldnt get my friends into it, even now id love to start writing for something to do, it just gets dull quick doing it by yourself. Sucks that they always held me back, id try to get them into new things all the time and they would just do nothing and play the same few video games. Havent talked to any of them in years.

Attached: 32424555.jpg (500x331, 135K)

>i totally agree but being in your 30-40-50s and still doing something you enjoy (not paid or professionally) is just degenerate i think

It's good fun. And what's cool is that there are various different areas within graffiti. Pieces, bombing, streets, trains. Whether it's art or not depends on the writer I guess. Most people I've come across just do it for fun.

i think the real skill is reading this shit, i've no idea what graffiti says most of the time

Reading wild styles and pieces can be hard but you get used to it

A big piece is kinda cool...but not.

Now some huge bombs on a freeway overpass...thats the spirit (I feel) of graffiti.

Nothing sadder than an aging graffitti artist (artist my ass)