How normie are your friends, Sup Forums...

How normie are your friends, Sup Forums? I feel like I'm missing out on discussing music with friends because their all plebs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BR48y7sR5Tc
youtube.com/watch?v=-6lEm2ei3Kg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't have any friends.

Why is that pepe toothless?

why do you think he is screaming?

My friends and even gf are all entry-level hipsters and so am I

It is perfect

Bring them along for a journey into good music.

Because as a frog in the wild he's chased by cats' feet and iron claws

is there music stereotyped as the furthest possible thing from Sup Forums thats any good?

he's in the court of the crimson king

I showed my friend this song once, and he replied, "You have some weird taste. Do you lick cobwebs made of silver and drink it with the venom of a blonde-hair Aryan?"

youtu.be/BR48y7sR5Tc

Socializing is a farce.

because he's a shit meme imitation of a good album

i dont mind having normie friends. usually, you find some person in your life that listens to some of the same stuff you do. it's not as big a connection as you think.

i have better relationships with people with what i would consider very bad taste, but at the end of the day it isnt a big deal

Most of my friends are plebs except for one of them, he also happens to be the only one I discuss music with.

forgot to mention, it is annoying when people shit on you for having different taste in music. theyll lump TVU or sonic youth as just being "artsy noise". i find that to be a little disheartening, especially because i dont play the pretentious "you dont get it" card. i just shrug it off

that's not that bad of a reaction, he made a joke you autist

>tfw you shit on your pleb friends for their mainstream music tastes instead
they at least are conscious enough that they should feel bad for what they like

>Tfw used to have Sup Forums influenced tastes
>Tfw baited into going into a trance rave by friends
>Tfw Trance is all I listen to now and all my closest friends love trance and are always giving eachother recommendations

Feelsgoodman

>things could be worse
thanks for cheering me up, my man

I MADE THAT JOKE UP! He really said that I had shit for ears, and he made fun of me in front of my soon-to-be girlfriend (well, would have been soon-to-be).

And I'm not autistic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you assume everyone offbeat and esoteric is a sperg?

>friends

you're the normie op

Well in that case you just make fun of whatever shit he is into because music is subjective and you can do that user

You could've gotten that gf and instead shamed your friend if you would've been a bit more normie

But I can't; I don't know how to roast people that fast! I can only make weird threats, like "Go elongate nifty barnacles from your liver-ous palsy." Can you help me?

The only friend I have that talks about music only listens to edm and thinks anything else is shit.

It's really easy, when they make fun of your music for whatever characteristic they can think of, just do the same for their music

examples:
"well mentally handicapped people would be able to come up with that simple top40 pop shit you listen"
"well any idiot can speak words over a beat to make hiphop''
''well your music is just stupid electronic bleeps for 7 minutes they aren't even singing or playing an instrument''
''well metal isn't anything more than manchildren being edgy"

it's really easy to make fun of something user, you can do it, i believe in you

Thanks, I needed it.

isn't this why we post here? i rarely hear my friends talking about music except when they had a Beyoncé listening party when Lemonade came out. i went and it was a fucking cringy experience, but i like my friends so i'll play along in helping them pat each other's backs for not being racists cuz they listen to Beyoncé

no problem my user, bullies need to be bullied themselves

I got one!
>friend listens to song, I come in
"Hey, cool! I never knew shit could play instruments! Maybe it's trying to flush into your ears!"

>Beyonce listening party
Are all your friends thirty year-old women?

i kinda had (past tense) compartmentalized groups of friends like work friends, school friends, drug friends, music friends, etc. with some overlap so i wouldn't really discuss certain things with certain groups because i knew we were pretty much bound to have different opinions unless that had already been previously established as a reason for us meeting in the first place

yes, rich white women all around 30

they also hosted an Adele listening party for her last release, had an excuse to skip that one though

Normies.

What does one do at a listening party? Sit in silence with a bunch of other people and listen to a record while eating food?

a couple of my friends browse Sup Forums. we have some overlapping tastes- I like the music they listen to but the stuff I typically listen to is usually too harsh, weird, or experimental for them even though imo it's pretty accessible.

one normie and one Sup Forums lightweight

drink wine and "react" to the music. a lot of pretend shock and "oh my god queeeeen!!" and giggles at dirty lyrics. head shaking at lyrics about her man not appreciating her etc.

it really is pretty awkward but big albums like that serve as a point of reference for certain kinds of social groups so it's fun for some people.

Music is for plebs. Nobody gives a fuck what shit you listen to. It doesn't make you a better person or interesting. My life was better when I just listened to music without all the bullshit that came with it.

i can talk to almost all of my friends about music with each of them having ranging tastes but mainly indie/punk/experimental. some of my buds are in bands and we go to shows pretty regularly. probably the most normie of them all is my gf who just listens to garage rock from 2008 and k pop

me and my friends starting doing shit in fl studio and all both of them do is make beats. only when i sample something do they pay attention to anything else other than present day rap stuff. its saddening

Funny you should ask, I actually just met a girl who’s more Sup Forums than Sup Forums could ever be and more /lit/ than /lit/ could ever be and she barely even touches the internet.

Marry her.

christ that sounds fucking awful, didn't even know this was a thing normalfags did

It isn't, just a middle aged women with nothing to do other than bitch about their husbands and children thing.

most of them aren't married yet, i guess it's just a boujie white girl thing to do after college

look up deedrah on youtube

One of my friends has an ok music taste, is into all these metal bands. Managed to get him into Sleep and Electric Wizard, and subsequently with time shit like Soundtracks for the blind and Natural Snow Buildings.
>feelsgoodman

my friends call me pretentious for my music taste, and rightly so
but this means i have to discuss music with autists online instead

protip: if you think your friends are normies there's good chance you are normie in denial

only have 1 close friend left that listens to my stuff, mostly the hip hop and metal stuff though, I venture further into the weird part of music but he knows more than me in terms of music production.

Many of my friends actually have a decent taste in music, but they listen almost solely to the big and well known stuff, so there is no way to talk to them about more obscure stuff.
My, parents however have a patrician taste in music, even if not entirely overlapping with my own, so that's something

Two of my friends don't listen to music and when they do it's meme shit.
The other one listens to video game OSTs and royalty free nu-metal.

My best friend is kinda normie but we don't talk about music. I got my other friend into Neubauten and Blixa, and she digs mostly 80's Neubauten and other metal

How do so many of you have friends at all??
You do realize that that already makes you normie af?

yes I realize.

>has friends
>for some strange reason thinks hes exempt for normalfag status despite this

I hate you faggots more than anything.

My best friend doesn't even listen to music. Still he is one of the smartest people i have ever met.

one of my friends likes neutral milk hotel. he doesn't even go on Sup Forums or reddit

One is mainly into metal but he also listen to other stuff, just not as fanatically. Other two are more akin to my taste but one is too into a specific band that broke up years ago and that annoys me immensely. Wish she would get another obsession. Others don't really like/listen to music that much

Britney Spears - Blackout
Kylie Minogue - Fever

Normie as it gets while at the same time legit perfect albums

My best friend isn't into music except some random musical shit like the Wicked stuff and that Hamilton.. and then all the Disney soundtracks. Mid 30s straight black guy goes to the gym with the Lion King soundtrack in his ears. It's weird.

He scoffs at the radio and says things like "They should leave the professionals to do music".

He also has a couple of Christmas albums that he plays on repeat the day after Thanksgiving and will only listen to Christmas music until NYE.

My gf listens to pop country and I want to kill myself every day

i feel like that's just alpha as fuck in some twisted way, i can respect that

>friends

It kind of is lmao. His listening habits are really structured and strict

extremely pleb
one of them started collecting vinyl and his collection is as of now, a video game sound track, electro swing, and nmh

He is right though

>he fell for the friends meme

>one doesn't listen to music at all
>one listens to songs which are not meant to be taken seriously
>rest are radio-normies

Oh well.

I will never understand narcissistic normalfags who, despite having friends, and normie fiends on top of it, for some strange unknown treason decide they are more special than them.

They like maroon 5 and linkin park

extremely, I feel your pain

>JSRF is weird
Okay.

>whine about how you're alone and no one understands you
>whine about how everyone irl are normie scum and you wouldn't be caught dead associating with those plebs

What the actual fuck is that? It is completely out of tune. Do you actually listen to that unironically?

:-(

I got one of my friends into shoegaze and Sweet Trip

How can someone not listen to music? I can't even.

Fuck all these other retards user, Jet Set Radio was and is the greatest.

They only listen to mainstream rap, or nothing at all. One dude exclusively listens to Bach compilations on youtube because it "helps him think".

fpbp
i'll be your friend user

>He's never played jet set radio future

You're missing out user, game is fun as hell and has a weird as fuck, but great, soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=-6lEm2ei3Kg

I like you

I really don't want to discuss music with my friends because every time they show me some music they like I have to pretend it's not shit and try hard to come up with something positive to say about it. So in turn I don't force my taste on anyone either.

The closest one to a patrician that I can call a friend thinks OKC sounds like U2. I feel you user, we all have normie friends.

I don't have friends.

You sound like a shitty friend.

you're better off not having friends if you think you have better tastes than them

Riveting thread, let's keep it alive for a bit longer.

Once more

holy hell what the fuck?
that's collective insanity if there ever was such a thing... this is not normal behavior, find new friends, or learn to enjoy your own company...

ive decided that no one will like your music taste as much as your own, and trying to convince people to listen to your music is good will never be satisfying enough. music is something to be enjoyed alone, discussed online, and kept to yourself.

I live in Massachusetts where there are a fair amount of the liberal arts hipster types so finding people who share my tastes aren't too hard to find, especially in Northampton or Amherst.

>that pic
pretty sure that is illegal to do

Everyone I know desu

One of my best mates likes Kanye West and I also got him into Radiohead.
I showed Loveless to a girl once but she didn't like it.

sorry doody, these weren't that good

rip lil peep

Holy fucking shit dude

i feel so bad for these people